19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

How do I do it?

image.thumb.png.807e33e664c6deaf9262d3b6acbc85c8.png

Waiting until R6 for a WR would be less than ideal

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I have to say, ever since I started closely following the draft in 2010, this has to be the draft I’m most excited for. Everything is so unpredictable & I have no idea what to expect after the 1st pick. I still think there’s a chance Jets shock everyone & draft Fields. 

This is what I love about the draft. The mystery, the shock, the confusion, the drama. The first round of 2021 draft should have plenty of it. I cannot wait

Wanna bet on the Jets taking Fields?

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How many White Claws you hammering back tomorrow night during the draft?   

you have pms, thats why you're all on fighting everyone, brah, I bet you have panty crickets too, meat stick

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Just no.  Don’t allow yourself to rationalize Paye. 

I don't want Paye. Paye is only acceptable in a trade-down IMO.

I'm not here for revisionist history for Graham. Watch the opening weeks of the 2010 season. Graham could really, really move before he tore up his knee. Then he stopped speed-rusher and became a power rusher.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I could see them moving on from Shepard at the end of the year so i wouldn’t be shocked. I actually think smith makes more sense for them then waddle. I think if you have galladay and slayton on the outside then can utilize smith inside the slot where i think he could be super dangerous if Daniel jones doesn’t suck. 

i tend to agree OL would be the way I’d go with that roster or pass rusher but i think pass rusher there’s not one worthy of 11. And slater would have to be there imo for them to go OL. I actually think the giants of fields or lance falls is a perfect spot to trade out of. I think dallas wants to stay at 10 cause a corner will be there. Denver and Carolina could hurt the giants if they want to move out and a QB falls 

Not so sure that Dallas wants to go another first round CB.  Both of the Cb's that they drafted recently in the 1st round (Claiborne and Jones) they failed to re-sign because they didn't have immediate success.  I think they will go Slater if he is there.  Tyron Smith is on the fast track to Jason Peters status and their OL is not what it used to be.    

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Shut up.  Bottom of the barrel.  

I own you, and hpenis does too

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Paye has been compared to Graham in here today buddy.  But thanks for reviewing the rules.  Who they pick will piss me off if it’s Paye.  K brah 

And the person you responded to didn't make that comparison, merely pointed out that Graham was explosive in college 'buddy'.   But, you can infer whatever you wish about what he said.  But that doesn't mean that that was the intent of the comment.  Graham was a far better prospect coming out than Paye, imo.  

I can look back at the draft with Graham and see one prospect, and look at this draft with Paye, and not conflate the two.   Graham was a much much more accomplished player than Paye coming out of Michigan.   It's the lazy person who compares them because they both went to UM.  Its not even close to a comparison.  Paye's best season was 6 sacks.   Graham has back to back double digit sack years.

1976218346_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_53_55PM.png.6cc138928a044e1605873d8743b631f5.png

735767062_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_54_05PM.png.e56a76b8c51c3fa0927deb9c2d455291.png

Apples to grapes.   Not even close to a comparison, other than the position they play and both coming from Michigan.  That's where the comparison ends.  Graham played rings around Paye at UM.   So, you'll forgive me for not caring that anyone wants to compare the two.   That just shows their ignorance.

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Gregory Rousseau = JPP

Kwity Paye = BG

Give me Rousseau if we are reaching for a DE. 

yep, the similarities in comparing this is spot on.  I had quite a few posts about this a few months back.  

33 minutes ago, TEW said:

It’s the pick I expect at this point assuming he’s available. OT is always a priority, potentially he is a franchise LT, and the expected downside is basically a pro bowl level guard.

That’s probably the best risk/reward proposition in the draft. I’m starting to think he goes top 10 though.

Yeah we will see. I could see a trade back and taking Barmore. Barmore’s floor seems to be an average starter to high end rotational DT and the Eagles love those. 

What's the time for each pick again? I forgot every year. 10 on day 1, 7 for day 2, 5 for day 3?

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

$18 for a 30 pack...I personally find it better than the big name drinking beers and it works in between a few fingers or 'fancy' high ABV beers.  I love PBR, but to each their own.  I get why most don't like it.

1893, best beer ever in the history of ever forever award!

Have no problem with some PBR's.  Always like to get the tall boys they have on the ski slopes.  Speaking of, we always loved drinking Schlitz when we went camping in our college years.  "Just the kiss of the Hops"  Loved that cheap beer, had a great taste and not filling. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

According to Twitter, Harper got hit in the face with a pitch? 

97 mph right in the kisser.  Next dude got hit also and then Girardi tried to eject the umpire 

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

What's the time for each pick again? I forgot every year. 10 on day 1, 7 for day 2, 5 for day 3?

That's what it has been recently.

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

According to Twitter, Harper got hit in the face with a pitch? 

The Paye/Rousseau v. Graham/JPP argument is similar, but there are a few diversions in that parallel.

Graham was much more productive than Paye.  However, JPP was clearly the better athlete with the higher upside in comparison to Graham.  That gap between Rousseau and Paye is not nearly as large. 

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Paye/Rousseau v. Graham/JPP argument is similar, but there are a few diversions in that parallel.

Graham was much more productive than Paye.  However, JPP was clearly the better athlete with the higher upside in comparison to Graham.  That gap between Rousseau and Paye is not nearly as large. 

I just like the idea of a DE with the length and size of Rousseau.  Seems like something that the Lurie Eagles have been allergic towards outside of Kearse. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I just like the idea of a DE with the lenght and size of Rousseau.  Seems like something that the Lurie Eagles have been allergic towards outside of Kearse. 

Agreed.  We have to be last in the league in balls batted at the LOS

Production for CFB pass rushers is a tricky thing. If a player's on a bad team, there won't be as many opportunities for true pass rushing attempts. So much of the CFB game is the run game, quick passing game/screens, etc... so that would really limit a player's chances of getting sacks. There's not a whole lot of 5+ step drops in CFB, let alone for a team that is ahead against weaker opponents.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Production for CFB pass rushers is a tricky thing. If a player's on a bad team, there won't be as many opportunities for true pass rushing attempts. So much of the CFB game is the run game, quick passing game/screens, etc... so that would really limit a player's chances of getting sacks. There's not a whole lot of 5+ step drops in CFB, let alone for a team that is ahead against weaker opponents.

That's the thing that worries me about watching Paye highlights is that they are all against teams like Army and Northwestern.  Not exactly inspring competition. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I agree.  I loved Graham that year.  I was one of the few.   I am also predicting a trade back at 12 to take Paye.

I was right there with you, I actually wasn't a fan of pre steroids Thomas.

1 hour ago, RLC said:

People don't remember how explosive Graham was in college. He was never the same physically after the microfracture surgery. 

He made people look silly for a few years in school.

(1)  Who would you be most excited to see the Eagles draft at #12 (being realistic)?

(2)  What is the backup if your pick is not available?

I'll go first...

(1)  The most exciting pick for me at  would be Parsons. He is the consensus best defensive player in the draft and probably the best LB prospect in numerous years.  If we actually drafted him at 12, that would mean a return to blitzing the QB from the LB position.  While Parsons can be a beast against the run and is decent in pass coverage, his true value is attacking the LOS Jeremiah Trotter style.  Except this guy can fly, play sideline to sideline and would be a 3 down LB!  I would be super pumped if they got Parsons and returned to that style of attacking defense.

(2)  I would go Rashwan Slater if he is available.  The injuries up and down our OL have been a thorn in our side for years.  Draft Slater to have insurance at LT in case Dillard/Mailata are not the answer.  If there are good at LT, Slater is an upgrade over Seumalo who is probably better suited for C anyways.    

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's the thing that worries me about watching Paye highlights is that they are all against teams like Army and Northwestern.  Not exactly inspring competition. 

Both pretty darn good teams the past few years...if you follow CFB......not trying to justify Paye though.

54 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And the person you responded to didn't make that comparison, merely pointed out that Graham was explosive in college 'buddy'.   But, you can infer whatever you wish about what he said.  But that doesn't mean that that was the intent of the comment.  Graham was a far better prospect coming out than Paye, imo.  

I can look back at the draft with Graham and see one prospect, and look at this draft with Paye, and not conflate the two.   Graham was a much much more accomplished player than Paye coming out of Michigan.   It's the lazy person who compares them because they both went to UM.  Its not even close to a comparison.  Paye's best season was 6 sacks.   Graham has back to back double digit sack years.

1976218346_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_53_55PM.png.6cc138928a044e1605873d8743b631f5.png

735767062_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_54_05PM.png.e56a76b8c51c3fa0927deb9c2d455291.png

Apples to grapes.   Not even close to a comparison, other than the position they play and both coming from Michigan.  That's where the comparison ends.  Graham played rings around Paye at UM.   So, you'll forgive me for not caring that anyone wants to compare the two.   That just shows their ignorance.

I'd like to turn this convo back to BG...what an absolute animal he was back in the power football day of the Big 10.  His TFL numbers are insane, especially when you roll to the tape back on how he racked them up.

Archived