EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Pitts is a special talent.  IMHO, his chance of making an impact in NFL right away is great, more so than some of QBs listed ahead of him.  We all know that NFL teams value QB way higher than any other position.  The QBs will get special considerations and will go early.  To move up high enough to get Pitts will cost too much.  No chance the Eagles will make that move.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

From the production standpoint, I can see where we see a low ceiling for Paye.  But, from the athletic testing standpoint, I don't know how it gets much better than the numbers that Paye put up.   Here is an article about his upside:

Just draft Jayson Oweh, then — who was superior to Paye in pretty much every athletic comparison — 4.36 in the 40, better broad jump, vertical, and a bigger player.

BTW — I want no part of Oweh in the first round, either.  Barmore is the only first round DL prospect in this draft.

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

"Starter potential in time” for a 23 year old rookie. Perfect.

27 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I want more that just a potential "solid starter" at #12.

That's the place you want to get a pro bowl player at a premium position.

Not saying that I would draft him at #12.  Just disagreeing with the notion that he has limited upside.  I think there is plenty of upside with Paye and that DE is a premium position.  Although they don't play as many snaps as would a CB, with the way the game is officiated now the CB is devalued but defensive pressure has always been valued and still is because it makes your whole defense better. 

Again, I would take the 2 CB's and probably the 2 Bama WR's over Paye because they are better players at their respective positions.  The truth of the matter is that this team has long valued OL and DL over CB and WR, which is why I think Paye and Slater are in play if they are there.   

23 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Michigan EDGE Kwity Paye is an athletically blessed, high-motor rusher. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

Michigan EDGE Kwity Paye is an athletically blessed, high-motor rusher. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

FaSTBaLLzzZ

Taking Paye at 12 will be like Barnett in 2017 all over again for me. I hated the Barnett pick, I really wanted CMC/Lattimore or Hooker that year.

Looking back it wasn’t a bad pick, Barnett has been a decent starter when healthy & was a contributor in SB season. 

I still really hope it’s not Paye

49 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

None of them are hardly the big impact players that even teams like the Cowboys have.   I really like both players, but the team is just average in some many areas. Even the stars are potential over reality.

Hicks was absolutely an impact player at MLB.  His only issue with the Eagles was staying healthy. 

Same seems to be going for Miles Sanders, he is the biggest playmaker the Eagles have in offense.  

7 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Taking Paye at 12 will be like Barnett in 2017 all over again for me. I hated the Barnett pick, I really wanted CMC/Lattimore or Hooker that year.

Looking back it wasn’t a bad pick, Barnett has been a decent starter when healthy & was a contributor in SB season. 

I still really hope it’s not Paye

We all ways settle for the decent starter, high floor low ceiling guy.  We need an impact difference maker.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hicks was absolutely an impact player at MLB.  His only issue with the Eagles was staying healthy. 

Hicks has played 96% of the defensive snaps in Arizona.  Guys get healthy when they leave the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We all ways settle for the decent starter, high floor low ceiling guy.  We need an impact difference maker.

Looking back I’m fine with Barnett pick. It’s possible we don’t have a SB without him. 

but otherwise I agree with you. Personally I hope Surtain or Waddle is the pick 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Hicks has played 96% of the defensive snaps in Arizona.  Guys get healthy when they leave the Eagles.

Yup.  Some folks think the injuries over the past 4 years were bad luck, or accidental, etc.  

There have been deficiencies in the Eagles offseason program, strength and conditioning group, and sports medicine department for awhile now.  Hopefully with the new S&C coaches, changes to the medical staff, and Sirianni running a different training camp (when able), we will see this team better prepared physically when the season begins.  I firmly believe many of the injuries can be traced back before the player took a snap to open the season.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Yup.  Some folks think the injuries over the past 4 years were bad luck, or accidental, etc.  

There have been deficiencies in the Eagles offseason program, strength and conditioning group, and sports medicine department for awhile now.  Hopefully with the new S&C coaches, changes to the medical staff, and Sirianni running a different training camp (when able), we will see this team better prepared physically when the season begins.  I firmly believe many of the injuries can be traced back before the player took a snap to open the season.

This is probably the one thing I’m most curious about this year with new coaching staff is how healthy the team can stay. I’ve wondered if the injuries were an issue from Pederson & his coaching staff or it was just downright awful luck for 3 straight years. As much as I dislike chip I don’t remember his teams being injured a lot. Andy had bad luck in 2012 with injuries but before that I don’t remember it being an issue. 

time will tell, but if this roster is fully healthy, we’ll likely be better than we’re all anticipating 

After talking with multiple sources who understand the #Broncos thinking heading into the draft.... The Broncos will try to trade back in the draft. If they can't, I believe they'll shock every "national expert" & take OL Rashawn Slater. Not sexy & Broncos fans won't be happy

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
After talking with multiple sources who understand the #Broncos thinking heading into the draft.... The Broncos will try to trade back in the draft. If they can't, I believe they'll shock every "national expert" & take OL Rashawn Slater. Not sexy & Broncos fans won't be happy

Slater would be a great pick for Broncos imo

What would it cost to trade up to 9 if Denver is looking to trade back?

Would rather explore that and get a top CB, WR than settling for the likes of Paye at 12.

16 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Looking back I’m fine with Barnett pick. It’s possible we don’t have a SB without him. 

but otherwise I agree with you. Personally I hope Surtain or Waddle is the pick 

Yeah I wasn't pissed about the Barnett pick either.   I was happy it was defense but I just didn't expect them to go that particular route. 

I'll be pissed this time though if it's not a CB or WR.  Those are both too glaring of a weakness to me. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Would rather explore that and get a top CB, WR than settling for the likes of Paye at 12.

I would do it for 12 and Ertz

Per Matt Bowen 

Would say Surtain or Parsons as the top defensive prospect in this year’s draft class

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

I’d try getting up to 7 if possible. Maybe give up Dillard, Ertz and 12.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Broncos have Noah Fant  why would they want a declining  Ertz ?

3 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Trade Value Chart values moving #12 to 9 as costing the Eagles their #84 pick 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Man that's tough. Really like having that extra 3rd.

Would securing Surtain II, Horn, or Waddle be worth that sacrifice?

Decisions, decisions...

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Pass.   Would send a player, don't need to be giving up any picks.  Especially the pick that is the sweet spot for Chazz Surratt.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If Denver needs O-Line.  12 and Dillard. 

Use Ertz to trade up from 37.

I wouldn't want the Eagles giving up a 3rd unless we can flip Ertz for a 4th.

Giving up the equivalent of #12, Ertz and a 3rd to get #9 and a 4th is palatable.  

Archived