Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Some of you guys wanting to trade up from #37 back into the first round are just forcing the board and giving up picks needlessly.  There will be plenty of really good players at #37, just draft one.

I'd do it if there is someone you love that is dropping a bit more than you expected and you don't think you have a shot. Even trading up to 33 is an option. I doubt they use all 11 picks so there will be some moving around. 

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Only two TE's in the last 15 years had a rookie season with more than 600 yards receiving. 

Fant?

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

This team needs an an actual X wideout to give Hurts a fair shake in his trial.

You don’t think there will be a good one at #37?  It’s another deep WR draft 

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Fant?

Nope, he was just short at 562

• Haha 1

Just now, Alphagrand said:

The ones at 37 are good, they’re just the smaller Moore’s/Toney’s of the draft IMO. Nothing wrong with them, I just think we have enough tiny "fast” WRs as it is. 

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

This team needs an an actual X wideout to give Hurts a fair shake in his trial.

I wasn’t aware we even had an actual Z or slot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

We draft nothing but busts at WR...how on Earth are we supposed to get one at 37 in round 2 that is going to be effective as a rookie?

Just now, eagle45 said:

Reagor was such a bad pick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah Shockley was in 02 draft. I only remember that cause it was the Lito and brown draft. 

Give me a hint 

West Coast team. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don't think the Eagles should take a WR at 37 of they don't take one at 12.  So many holes on this team, there are at least young guys on the roster who can develop.  If a guy like Smith or Waddle is there at 12 then yes consider taking them.  But don't just dedicate top draft picks at WR for the sake of drafting a WR early. 

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Fant?

No. 

Just now, What The F said:

West Coast team. 

Went to N.D. 

All this vaccine talk almost makes me miss the days when posters on here would share pictures of themselves with their shirts off

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What does it matter if you got vaccinated? 

Vaccines are not perfect and vaccination appears to lower transmission rates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

All this vaccine talk almost makes me miss the days when posters on here would share pictures of their wives with their shirts off

Feel free to pick up the tradition and run with it 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

:roll:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

No. 

Went to N.D. 

Lol had to look it up no one will get it and if they do I don’t believe they didn’t do the same

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The ones at 37 are good, they’re just the smaller Moore’s/Toney’s of the draft IMO. Nothing wrong with them, I just think we have enough tiny "fast” WRs as it is. 

While balance is important, I do prefer separation above all else.

Reagor is short, but stout, and not nearly as fast as advertised.  Watkins is average height, slender, fast, but exceptionally raw and more of a gadget at the LOS at this point.  Hightower just isn’t ready for NFL football.

I’d say there is plenty of room for a speed WR considering that we don’t really have one.  

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I know Travis kelce. I was gonna say gronk but i don’t think he did. I also don’t think venom davis nor Olsen did. I wanna say it’s engram cause the giants sucked and he had a bunch of garbage time stats late his rookie year 

Whitten?

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Reagor was such a bad pick

Who could have guessed that?   Oh

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Whitten?

Nope. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Whitten?

Outside the timeframe and his rookie year was only 347 yards

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Outside the timeframe and his rookie year was only 347 yards

No one asked you Trebek

• Haha 1

I could probably make a Rhyme of the other TE's name and people still wouldnt get it.  Lets try....

Von Marlson

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I've stopped posting about the vaccine.

We can all stop now.

Fine

33 minutes ago, justrelax said:

It strikes me that Lurie knew Groh was the wrong guy but Doug jumped the gun on saying he’d be back. No way that was happening. If Doug hadn’t jumped the gun we’d never have heard about the owner’s opinion.

I am unsure if Groh was wrong or not.  I mean the offense got worse in 2020 not better.  I do think Doug was too loyal to his coaches and didn't want to make a change.  I think your statement kind of begs the question as to why Lurie believed he was right that Groh needed to be fired.  I mean why would the owner believe he was is in a better position to determine the need for the change vs. the coach.  I could understand if what we heard was Howie believed a change needed to be made and I went with Howie's judgment but that's different than the owner coming to a decision that the offensive coordinator should be fired.  

7 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I think you’re gonna have either Bateman or Marshall sitting there at #37 if you want them; you’ll also have Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace, and Tamorrion Terry at #70 and later.  I personally think Tylan Wallace has a real chance to be excellent at the NFL level 

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

While balance is important, I do prefer separation above all else.

Reagor is short, but stout, and not nearly as fast as advertised.  Watkins is average height, slender, fast, but exceptionally raw and more of a gadget at the LOS at this point.  Hightower just isn’t ready for NFL football.

I’d say there is plenty of room for a speed WR considering that we don’t really have one.  

Yeah I guess I just have "PTSD” for lack of a better word from advertised speed vs NFL field speed.

• Like 1