Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

20 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

BTC makes the crypto market go , it’s over half of the total crypto market cap , and there  are over  a 1,000 coins 

just since start of 2021 , it’s up 110%
ave annual return of 230%

best performing asset over last decade by a 1,000%

still in infant stage , I would guess 100,000 per coin by end of  September , half a million per within 8 years

I got Dogecoin as a joke at .0025 

It's ridiculous what it's doing

• Like 1

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

You have been the most vocal critic about everything from Lurie to the Reagor pick. That's why I assumed you would meddle and want things your way.

Nah.  More interested in having a real football man running the football ops.  Not 5 foot bro hug Howie.  I still don't know who the real bad guy is here.  Lurie for enabling Howie or Howie for enabling Lurie.  I guess I would lean Lurie since he is the big boss.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8769727f0f077d1e397371e0793d2dc.jpeg

Chris Collingsworth says this 2-3 times on a sunday night game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I got Dogecoin as a joke at .0025 

It's ridiculous what it's doing

Coinbase went public today ,  its trading at 420.00 , 100 billion dollar market cap

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

I expect nothing but Fire Howie chants from yall

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I would love to go. I am vaccinated.

Too bad they got so greedy and dont do the free tickets anymore.

20 minutes ago, RLC said:

It depends if you want to be a process organization or not. Winning because you hit on 10% probability is not a sustainable model.

A win is a win. You sound just like a micro manager.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Coinbase went public today ,  its trading at 420.00 , 100 billion dollar market cap

I bought 5000 or so "coins". Basically paid for my kitchen

My buddy who got me on to it bought 2500 dollars worth at .0005  Believe he's gotta be flirting with being  a millionaire now 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I would love to go. I am vaccinated.

Too bad they got so greedy and dont do the free tickets anymore.

They are free. But only released to season ticket holders right now. 

Only limited seats, Only avail for select season ticket holders. All in pods (2), (4) and (6) seat pods. Access to field this year is limited tickets which those have to be purchased for $10 a person. 

I dont care about the field passes. We had them two years ago, it was nothing special at all. Hope I can get club seats. Thats where we sat last draft party. 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I bought 5000 or so "coins". Basically paid for my kitchen

My buddy who got me on to it bought 2500 dollars worth at .0005  Believe he's gotta be flirting with being  a millionaire now 

looks like about $637k

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They are free. But only released to season ticket holders right now. 

yeah... thats far from free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Only limited seats, Only avail for select season ticket holders. guess Im one of the selected, lol. All in pods (2), (4) and (6) seat pods. Access to field this year is limited tickets which those have to be purchased for $10 a person. 

I dont care about the field passes. We had them two years ago, it was nothing special at all. Hope I can get club seats. Thats where we sat last draft party. 

wow. it requires more and more money to go and access continues to get worse and worse.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

looks like about $637k

yeah... thats far from free.

I just text him, gonna find out. He mentioned he was selling chunks off so I bet he MIGHT* be flirting with 6 figures. 

*edit*

Still ridiculous for a make believe coin. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Watson's legal issues aside it is still a stupid move for the Eagles to make. 

Roseman has gotten this team into a terrible cap situation.  Watson has a massive contract. Roseman has gotten the roster into a terrible situation of old players throughout the roster with the absence of young talent worth building around.  Any trade for Watson will use up that draft capital that should be used to rebuild this roster. 

If we trade for Watson we will be the same thing the Texans were last year. A bad mess of a team with a good QB. 

Yup, but he at least had Cooks and Fuller over there. Plus they have more money and picks than what we have. This has Jeff written all over it because it's absolutely moronic. 

Speaking of more money spent. 3 more additions to the collection arrived today :) Famicom, Super Famicom(Japanese versions of NES and SNES) and Atari Pong. Getting there. 24 systems down, many more to go still, lol

20210414_143450.thumb.jpg.a59f72046a5601ace0148820545de215.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, greend said:

A win is a win. You sound just like a micro manager.

It depends how the organization is built and what the culture is. Some organizations have a "get crap done" mentality. Others have more of a process mentality.

Alignment is key. I wish the Eagles had actual alignment. 

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

He's comparing Tom Brady leaving New England after 20 years to the Eagles organization. 

That was a painful interview to listen to. Kincade is a nutjob, but it makes for entertaining radio.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Again, Howie is just a name. Fire him and hire Daniel Jeremiah or whoever you want, it doesn't matter. They still want to sign Jason Peters and Alshon Jeffery to start in 2021 and they want to allocate the remaining 2021 cap to them while also giving them 5 dummy years so they are on the books next year too. I don't see how a single person just blindly says "ok". 

That would come up in my interview... and if that's the plan, I hire someone else.  They would have to be able to provide evidence of what they bring that would make the team better, and they wouldn't be able to do it.   Point is:  you let the GM make the moves they want, and let the results speak for themselves.  These results over the past 3 years have been a steady decline to the bottom of the NFL, forcing a change at HC... which, imo calls for a change in GM as well.  That's called 'accountability'.  What you are talking about is 'micromanaging'.  

I interview new candidates and find one that has a track record I can trust, references from those I respect and has a similar enough philosophy as me that I can let him do his job.  Then, I make the hire, let him do his job and let his job performance be assessed by what really matters in the NFL (supposedly), W's and L's.   Is the team improving or regressing?  Is the team bringing along young talent to replace aging veterans?  Is the team in  a good cap space to take advantage of talents on the market?  

The answer regarding Howie are: regressing, no, and second worst cap space in the league.  Its not about individual moves, it's about cold hard facts of the state of the franchise.  

50 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Can you get the Eagles #12 overall draft pick’s autograph for me?

image.thumb.jpeg.21c20f1e8b25b9cde87a2b57bcb26339.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

I would get involved some. But my style of management is to let my people do their jobs. If they screw up then we deal with it. If I have to babysit you, you're not the right person for the job. 

Amen.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Blech. 

I still like Bolton a lot.  He explodes on tape.  Odd he didn't test that way.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So Howie tells you his plan for this upcoming season is re-sign 39 year old Jason Peters to start at LT, as well as bring back Alshon on a prove it deal and you would give the greenlight?

I’d have fired Howie and then looked for a more competent GM. 

• Like 2