EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:
8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I tend to agree with this.  There are different level of character concerns.  I'm not defending what he did as far as "initiation" stuff but I can tell you there were guys on football teams I played on that did some STRANGE things when it came to hazing.  The amount of tea bagging, atomic sit ups and other stupid 18 year old testosterone filled antics that went on during 2-a-days was unbelievable.  

Now, if he's still running around slappin his D on Jalen Hurts or Jason Kelce then we have a problem.

The issue here is the Eagles will never take a LB that high.

If he tried it with Brandon Brooks or Mailata, game over. Brandon and Mailata are BIG athletic men, they'd make him their boy toy.

Parsons would be a 3 down LB, but he wouldn't be the QB of the defense.

Depends on how Gannon views him, because you'd have to tweak your defense to take advantage of his athleticism.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Really hope we draft someone named Phillip when this happens 

Even better, Feleipe Franks

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Howie played his hand to early.  Imagine what we could have acquired from a team trading up from 28 to 6.  

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Not sure what they would trade up for if not QB. I guess WR maybe but I'd think they could just get Bateman or Marshall where they are. 

I don't see how or why these teams like Washington, NO, the Bears or patriots would be trading up for anything other than a QB.  NO has a strong veteran roster with no cap room and no viable starting QB, why else would they make a significant move up?  These "not for a QB" move up rumors all seemingly from teams that need a QB don't seem believable.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not sure what they would trade up for if not QB. I guess WR maybe but I'd think they could just get Bateman or Marshall where they are. 

Would think corner tbh. Didnt lattimore get in trouble this offseason?

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is now know as "Kwitty Paye, sh**** day".  Thanks for that @Swoop

881855_ldKpLUZENCas3XD2Dh3d_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

If he tried it with Brandon Brooks or Mailata, game over. Brandon and Mailata are BIG athletic men, they'd make him their boy toy.

Parsons would be a 3 down LB, but he wouldn't be the QB of the defense.

Depends on how Gannon views him, because you'd have to tweak your defense to take advantage of his athleticism.

Parsons wouldn’t be the alpha dog in his rookie season, but he certainly would be by Year 3. 

We need to start thinking about this defense without Cox and Graham and Slay — they won’t be Eagles very much longer in the bigger picture 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Howie played his hand to early.  Imagine what we could have acquired from a team trading up from 28 to 6.  

Our move had to be aligned with the Miami trade.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Elite trolling?

They're looking for new opportunities to whine and change a rule for just one year.

15 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

DRAFT DAY!!!

Yuengling please

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You see this @Swoop.  We should go into business, you come up with the ideas, @Connecticut Eagle is the designer, and I will market.

I’ll do one of those Hitler Rant Parodies for YouTube if Paye is the pick at #12

”Hitler finds out the Eagles draft Kwitty Paye at #12” .... it almost writes itself

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would think corner tbh. Didnt lattimore get in trouble this offseason?

He was arrested but the charges aren't that bad. Failure to notify even though he had a concealed carry license and the bigger charge is the possession of stolen property, if it sticks.

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So what do you think Howie's top 10 draft board for pick 12 looks like this morning.  Removing players we have not shot at, here is my Howie board.

I would have the Alabama players ranked higher, but we seem to have something against drafting the most NFL ready players from the best college program.

Kwitty Paye

Rasahwn Slater

Jaylen Waddle

Devonta Smith

Jaycee Horn

Christian Darrisaw

Patrick Surtain

Alijah Vera-Tucker

Jaelan Phillips

Caleb Fairley

One of Slater, Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn should be there at 12.  Just get one of them, its not hard to do.

Yet chances are we end up with someone else.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe yes, maybe no. The value of that trade up is about 1000 points, or pick #15.

But there will be no discount for 2022 picks this year, so you'd probably get #28, #60 and their 1st next year.

Howie has #12 and probably a better 1st rd pick in 2022 (Miami instead of a team likely to go deep into the playoffs and give you #25+).

So "bird in the hand."  He can trade down to #21-22 or so and get a better 2nd rd pick this year.

4 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Will pick , Horn

Should pick , Newsome 

dark horse , JOK 

I can't take Newsome over Horn, I do like Newsome a lot though and wouldn't mind a trade back.

Perfect world I still want to trade back 3-8 spots and take one of either Newsome, Collins, JOK. But there's zero shot of that. I'm fine there with a small trade up for Horn. But I can't give up a second. One of the 3rds and Ertz/Dillard is ok. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I’ll do one of those Hitler Rant Parodies for YouTube if Paye is the pick at #12

”Hitler finds out the Eagles draft Kwitty Paye at #12” .... it almost writes itself

You could acquire all the YouTube viewers that EDP is losing.

MANNNN why can't Caleb Farley be healthy.  He's got it all.  Speed, size, mindset.  His body positioning, the way he plays the ball but also when he's in chase he knows when the ball is coming.  Someone is going to get a steal.

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

One of Slater, Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn should be there at 12.  Just get one of them, its not hard to do.

Based on this teams draft history, we took a WR in the first last year, we apparently hate Alabama players, and building the lines is priority, that moves Waddle, Smith and Surtain down Howies ranking IMO, and moves Paye and other lineman up.

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Yeah.  If, per chance, none of them are available, I'd like to move back into the late teens.

Then guys like Paye, Phillips, JOK, Moehrig, etc. make a lot of sense.

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. Imagine QB being a first round backup plan to RB in the year 2021. 

That would be a very un-Steeler draft pick.  They've drafted really well and have ben able to find great running backs in the middle rounds.  I love Harris but taking him in the 1st round is a mistake. 

Archived