EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

What the Rams did with Goff was far stupider, traded him with 2021 3rd, 2022 1st and 2023 1st for 33 year old Stafford. We at least got a 3rd and maybe a 1st back.

2012:  Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Foles, Kelly

2013:  Lane, Ertz, Logan, Poyer

We don't care what the Rams did.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So what do you think Howie's top 10 draft board for pick 12 looks like this morning.  Removing players we have not shot at, here is my Howie board.

I would have the Alabama players ranked higher, but we seem to have something against drafting the most NFL ready players from the best college program.

Kwitty Paye

Rasahwn Slater

Jaylen Waddle

Devonta Smith

Jaycee Horn

Christian Darrisaw

Patrick Surtain

Alijah Vera-Tucker

Jaelan Phillips

Caleb Fairley

To me his board is:

1. Surtain

2. Horn

3. Paye

4. Slater 

5. Trade Down

i don’t buy it for a second that he’s drafting WRs in the 1st in back to back years. 

I think its nearly a lock Eagles trade back into the first and select Terrace Marshall Jr and the fan base calls him Terrance for the entirety of his career.

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

We don't care what the Rams did.

Afan is working overtime with his logical fallacies, in order to defend Howie.  He's tossing about so many it's hard to track them all.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think its nearly a lock Eagles trade back into the first and select Terrace Marshall Jr and the fan base calls him Terrance for the entirety of his career.

Terrance Marshall and Asante Samuels Jr. for the first two picks.

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup. Going down from 6 to 12 was absolutely the right call...most of us said it at the time.

Yes.   First really good move Howie has made in the draft in no less than 3 years.

DRAFT DAY!!!

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Unpopular ( maybe?) opinion:

I'd rather take Basham Jr. at 12 than Paye.

I wouldn't take either at 12, but I would take Bateman over Paye at 12, or 16, or 20, or 24............................

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Unpopular ( maybe?) opinion:

I'd rather take Basham Jr. at 12 than Paye.

Basham is a MUCH better prospect than Paye — and Basham is a 2nd round target, perhaps mid-2nd 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

DRAFT DAY!!!

DUDE!   No spoilers!    I didn't know, and now the surprise has been ruined.

As to value of picks next year , I agree with this tweet from the Goat house .

" This was said last year as well. GMs, Coaches, Scouts just need to do their job and trust their judgment on players. If they can’t do that, they don’t deserve their job. Shouldn’t need more tape to recognize talent "

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

DRAFT DAY!!!

Interesting movie to watch for sure.  

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Basham is a MUCH better prospect than Paye — and Basham is a 2nd round target, perhaps mid-2nd 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wouldn't take either at 12, but I would take Bateman over Paye at 12, or 16, or 20, or 24............................

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

As to value of picks next year , I agree with this tweet from the Goat house .

" This was said last year as well. GMs, Coaches, Scouts just need to do their job and trust their judgment on players. If they can’t do that, they don’t deserve their job. Shouldn’t need more tape to recognize talent "

That’s a dumb take. More complete information is always helpful to good evaluators. And last year at this time there was hope the US wouldn’t completely botch the response to COVID. 

Also, lol at "goat house”

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Much easier to get into Top 10, from #12.  Just sayin'.    Move back, Howie.  Move back!   (And let the next GM make these picks in 2022.  🙄  )

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not sure what they would trade up for if not QB. I guess WR maybe but I'd think they could just get Bateman or Marshall where they are. 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Really hope we draft someone named Phillip when this happens 

9 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

To me his board is:

1. Surtain

2. Horn

3. Paye

4. Slater 

5. Trade Down

i don’t buy it for a second that he’s drafting WRs in the 1st in back to back years. 

I’m not disagreeing with your overall sentiment on WR, but Alshon is gone, Jackson is gone, JJAW is hanging by a thread and probably should be gone.  Ertz likely isn’t coming back, so the void is quite large when it comes to capable targets for a raw young QB.

If Waddle or Smith is BPA at #12, then drafting Reagor in the first last season is completely irrelevant 

13 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Disagree.  I wouldn't mind trading back, especially if it gives us 2022 picks.

This is such a strange draft, given that there's guys that opted out of 2020 because of COVID.  No NFL combine, no in-person interviews.  If somebody like New England offers a good package I would strongly consider it.  We have a lot of holes to fill on this team!

Sure. I agree more future picks is great! Problem is, everybody else knows this is a weak draft, and is stockpiling future picks as a result. If a deal materializes, great, they should jump on it... But I wouldn't rely on it.   

Archived