EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

All this aside, what are your feelings on Wentz now?  What will he need in order to turn his career around? 

Better coaching, taking the coaching.  Simple.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

A few posts above my comment this was said by another poster.

'' Does Lurie take the PR heat of hiring Kafka over Bieniemy?''

I responded accordingly. I tried to tell you to try following along and utilize this called context but you just had to keep running your mouth because you can't help yourself. Take your L like a man and move on.

So you didn’t quote the person like normal people do on this board to show what convo they are responding too and it’s my fault? Seriously? How about you do what everyone else does and quote the person. What a concept  lol 

Not shocking famous last words by you anytime someone has a convo with you that you don’t like "take your L like a man”. Cool catch phrase bro. Take your own advice for once. I know you won’t and will continue to also run your mouth.

Have a good night. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Jackson may run for 200 yards tonight and come out of this game a winner, national celebrity, and baltimore hero.  That's the unpredictability of it all when you rely on this.  But I wouldn't trade a 4th round pick for him.

That's over the top.  I don't necessarily agree with using Jackson as a run-first threat the way Baltimore uses him but to take away the fact that he's an exceptional player is nonsensical.  If Lamar Jackson had a coach like Andy Reid coaching him, do you not believe he could be that much better? 

His raw skill set is the best the NFL has seen since Michael Vick, imo...and Reid had a (post prime) Vick playing like an All-Pro for while, when he had a healthy team around him. 

Of the remaining teams, I think I'd like to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl... those fans are passionate and have been hurt so many times.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Better coaching, taking the coaching.  Simple.

If the Eagles do indeed go "all in on Wentz" for 2021 I would like to see him get some extremely focused, off season one on one coaching...similar to what he did after his rookie season.  It really seemed to help his "deep ball" when he came back in 2017.  (I guess there were rumors that the Eagles weren't pleased with him getting coaching on his own but at this point, I would be shocked if they were still against something of the sort). 

Just now, Ace Nova said:

That's over the top.  I don't necessarily agree with using Jackson as a run-first threat the way Baltimore uses him but to take away the fact that he's an exceptional player is nonsensical.  If Lamar Jackson had a coach like Andy Reid coaching him, do you not believe he could be that much better? 

His raw skill set is the best the NFL has seen since Michael Vick, imo...and Reid had a (post prime) Vick playing like an All-Pro for while, when he had a healthy team around him. 

I might not trade a 5 or a 6.  I would be absolutely loathe to hitch the wagon of my offense to this guy.  Some guys are great passers, average passers, bad passers.  He's not even a passer.  

Vick looked to run far too often, but his arm talent (probably an overused term, but it applies) was still off the charts.  Jackson isn't in that universe.  He is a running back who dumps the ball off to his first read.  If Metcalf or Mccaffery could throw a spiral, you'll get just as much out of them as QB.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Allen put it right on his hands.

Chad Lewis catches that pass right there 999 out of 1000.  lol    I miss that old guy.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I might not trade a 5 or a 6.  I would be absolutely loathe to hitch the wagon of my offense to this guy.  Some guys are great passers, average passers, bad passers.  He's not even a passer.  

Vick looked to run far too often, but his arm talent (probably an overused term, but it applies) was still off the charts.  Jackson isn't in that universe.  He is a running back who dumps the ball off to his first read.  If Metcalf or Mccaffery could throw a spiral, you'll get just as much out of them as QB.

How much have you seen of Jackson?

This season (who many say is a "down year" for him) he's completing 64% of his passes, 26 TD with 9 INT.  His QBR (not QB rating) is 73.9 which is considered "elite level" in terms of QBR.

It's a sad irony that the Bills drafted Allen with the distant hope that he might turn into Wentz and we now have the weak hope that Wentz could turn into Allen.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This season (who many say is a "down year" for him) he's completing 64% of his passes, 26 TD with 9 INT.  His QBR (not QB rating) is 73.9 which is considered "elite level" in terms of QBR.

Enough that I prefer our QB situation to Baltimore.  He's a horrible passer running a kid glove offense. 2700 yards passing.  Pee wee football wants their offense back.  I bet Wentz has more than that in 12 of the worst games I've ever seen from an Eagles QB.

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

QBR counts rushing... meh.  I've seen enough of Jackson to say this... even if he reaches Michael Vick level in Atlanta... he'll never win in the playoffs consistently, same as Michael.   If he reaches Michael Vick level with the Eagles, he has a shot.    But, as long as they use him on designed runs as frequently as he does... he's one big hit away from becoming an NFL footnote.

Archived