EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

The Ravens play-calling is atrocious. You can't give them the play-call with only 10 seconds left on the clock. 

Bills are playing zone, so where are the RPOs?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

It's a sad irony that the Bills drafted Allen with the distant hope that he might turn into Wentz and we now have the weak hope that Wentz could turn into Allen.

Enough that I prefer our QB situation to Baltimore.  He's a horrible passer running a kid glove offense. 

He's in a run-first offense but his performance passing is anything but "horrible".  

The reason he has the reputation you are referring to is 100% predicated because of the offense he is in.

Watch these passes from when he was in college and tell me he's a "horrible passer".  The 2nd highlight is the classic "Vick flick" bomb.  Looks almost identical to the way Vick used to just throw bombs with a flick of his wrist...the guy has an arm on him that hasn't been properly developed in the NFL, imo....

Lamar Jackson - 2 completions, 6 rushes.   12 yards passing, 22 yards rushing.   That is not the stuff of NFL QBs.

Just now, ManuManu said:

I love Daboll. Has Buffalo handed the ball off yet?

nope.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Seriously the guy doesn't deserve to be called a quarterback.

It's like he runs around then the d starts playing zone to stop the run and then he finally tries to pass and the zones are too weird to dissect quickly

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Lamar Jackson - 2 completions, 6 rushes.   12 yards passing, 22 yards rushing.   That is not the stuff of NFL QBs.

nope.

Be still my heart. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Be still my heart. 

It would be better if they were completing at better than 50% rate though.   But, I love a strong running game... that Packers game was a thing of beauty.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He's in a run-first offense but his performance passing is anything but "horrible".  

The reason he has the reputation you are referring to is 100% predicated because of the offense he is in.

Watch these passes from when he was in college and tell me he's a "horrible passer".  The 2nd highlight is the classic "Vick flick" bomb.  Looks almost identical to the way Vick used to just throw bombs with a flick of his wrist...the guy has an arm on him that hasn't been properly developed in the NFL, imo....

If you have to look at college highlights for a guy in year 3, it's part of the problem.  

I'm not saying he couldn't be a nice passer in some alternate reality.  As is, as he's used, in the offense he's in...he's a running back who throws simple one-read passes.

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

How much have you seen of Jackson?

This season (who many say is a "down year" for him) he's completing 64% of his passes, 26 TD with 9 INT.  His QBR (not QB rating) is 73.9 which is considered "elite level" in terms of QBR.

Cant read a defense. Not a threat from the pocket

would not change even if AR were his coach

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

If you have to look at college highlights for a guy in year 3, it's part of the problem.  

I'm not saying he couldn't be a nice passer in some alternate reality.  As is, as he's used, in the offense he's in...he's a running back who throws simple one-read passes.

lol   Are you kidding me?  College highlights to illustrate him as a passer?   Wow.  I just can't.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

lol   Are you kidding me?  College highlights to illustrate him as a passer?   Wow.  I just can't.

Smh.  It was to show that the guy is capable of making exceptional passes but he hasn't been used that way because of the offensive scheme he is in. 

That kick never had a chance.    Going that direction, we'll likely start to see 4th down attempts moving forward.

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Smh.  It was to show that the guy is capable of making exceptional passes but he hasn't been used that way because of the offensive scheme he is in. 

Turn it around... the NFL coaches put him in the scheme he's in because they have zero confidence in him being able to run an 'NFL' offense, and you might have something. 

Lamar is streaky and regressed from last year, but he was legit amazing last year as a passer. He was hyper efficient from the pocket.  

Just now, Ace Nova said:

That's partly the issue I have with running QBs.  When they are young...the easy way out is to encourage them to take off and grab that first down.  It's the best way to win.

The long view is that they never become advanced passers.  

But good luck finding a coach who will actually insist on losing in the short term...aka telling this QB not to run every chance and to go through the progressions.

Didn't happen with Vick and it won't happen with Jackson.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Lamar is streaky and regressed from last year, but he was legit amazing last year as a passer. He was hyper efficient from the pocket.  

He throws the ball a little better than people think.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can. And you will. Take notes.  You’re getting schooled.  💇‍♂️

son, I know you now, so back off

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That kick never had a chance.    Going that direction, we'll likely start to see 4th down attempts moving forward.

Turn it around... the NFL coaches put him in the scheme he's in because they have zero confidence in him being able to run an 'NFL' offense, and you might have something. 

Turn it around.  Is that not the main reason most Wentz supporters feel that he's struggling?   "He's not being used properly because of scheme"?

Just now, schuy7 said:

He throws the ball a little better than people think.

Yeah, he just had a lot of ugly passes with the worst mechanics ever that overshadow his great passes. He’s much better than people think. 

Lamar Jackson gets a bad snap, is able to run around and throw an incomplete pass

-Chris Collinsworth: "That's an MVP type of play right there."

my goodness.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

That's because it's easier to pass against a front that is on its heals with a mush rush and that commits someone behind the DL as a spy instead of pure coverage.  That breeds efficiency.  Yes, that's a fair argument for the merits of an exceptionally mobile qb, but it's not to be confused with being a remotely proficient passer. 

Archived