EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Turn it around.  Is that not the main reason most Wentz supporters feel that he's struggling?   "He's not being used properly because of scheme"?

🤦‍♂️

This is who Lamar Jackson is.   Its who he was in college... its who he is in the NFL. 

Senior year: 232 rushes, 254 completions.
Junior year: 260 rushes, 230 completions.
Soph year: 163 rushes, 135 completions. 

Today's game: 6 rushes, 3 completions.
Last week: 16 rushes, 17 completions.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That's because it's easier to pass against a front that is on its heals with a mush rush and that commits someone behind the DL as a spy instead of pure coverage.  That breeds efficiency.  Yes, that's a fair argument for the merits of an exceptionally mobile qb, but it's not to be confused with being a remotely proficient passer. 

No one said he was Drew Brees, but you guys are calling him a running back, and that’s absurd. 

Reigning league mvp he must be good at something lol

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

No one said he was Drew Brees, but you guys are calling him a running back, and that’s absurd. 

I firmly believe he's a RB.  If he were on our roster, I'd want the coaches to teach him to run routes.

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Reigning league mvp he must be good at something lol

Like blaming his coaches when he doesnt play well?

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I firmly believe he's a RB.

I honestly think we would have a heck of a backfield if Hurts and Khalil Tate were backing up Sanders at the RB position. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I honestly think we would have a heck of a backfield if Hurts and Khalil Tate were backing up Sanders at the RB position. 

Well it wouldn't be worst than Scott and Clement.  Unless we are playing the Giants.  Then Scott should start with Sanders backing up.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I firmly believe he's a RB.  If he were on our roster, I'd want the coaches to teach him to run routes.

He won league MVP last year. He led the NFL in passing touchdowns. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Eagles fans, me included want Daboll.  He proceeds to call 17 passes and 1 run.  

I have no problem with that.

He came out the bathroom and threw a td on the browns to win it on a 4 and 2 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This isn’t exactly new for him. I mentioned it several times in the Blog that people would hate him. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

He won league MVP last year. He led the NFL in passing touchdowns. 

He has yet to throw for 3200 yards.  I think Doug Pederson might throw for 3300 if you put him in a good offense next year.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They have been an bleh running team all year for the most part besides allen running it. Doesn’t help they lost Moss last week. He hasn’t been great but he’s looked better than singletary for the most part 

Just now, eagle45 said:

He has yet to throw for 3200 yards.  I think Doug Pederson might throw for 3300 if you put him in a good offense next year.

Only 3,200? Oh man, I guess he is a running back after all...

I have no problem with that.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

This isn’t exactly new for him. I mentioned it several times in the Blog that people would hate him. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They have been an bleh running team all year for the most part. Doesn’t help they lost Moss last week. He hasn’t been great but he’s looked better than singletary for the most part 

I was just amused watching it after all our complaining about run pass ratio.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Game plans can vary based off the team you play of course. With a defense like the Ravens as you saw against the Titans is very tough to run on. So best to start off passing to open up the run to start.

However I do think Daboll is going a bit too much with the pass with no running. Might be why they are struggling and only scored 3 points so far. 

We should’ve used doug against Washington to finish out the tank. We needed to see what he was for future backup purposes 

Lamar gonna hit the play action here on this drive for a big gain.

Ha, play action and sacked.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not true.  He called 18 passes, 0 runs.  The one rush was a scramble on a called pass by Allen.

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Game plans can vary based off the team you play of course. With a defense like the Ravens as you saw against the Titans is very tough to run on. So best to start off passing to open up the run to start.

However I do think Daboll is going a bit too much with the pass with no running. Might be why they are struggling and only scored 3 points so far. 

Yeah, Davis doesn’t drop that TD, Bass makes that kick and Allen hits Diggs for that long TD if they just handed it off some more. 

When a team finds a franchise QB, they like to say they found their QB for the next 10 years.

So what happens in about 2-3 years when Jackson is simply a mobile QB, rather than someone who is a true weapon with the ball in his hands?  

Even Collinsworthless says they aren't good in passing situations. 

Archived