EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bills have 14 offensive plays and 14 passes. Looks like Dabboll would fit great here 🙂

Just now, eagle45 said:

When a team finds a franchise QB, they like to say they found their QB for the next 10 years.

So what happens in about 2-3 years when Jackson is simply a mobile QB, rather than someone who is a true weapon with the ball in his hands?  

Even Collinsworthless says they aren't good in passing situations. 

It'll be really interesting to see what kind of contract he gets this offseason.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, Davis doesn’t drop that TD, Bass makes that kick and Allen hits Diggs for that long TD if they just handed it off some more. 

Thats the NFL, still only 3 points on the board. Same happened to Rodgers agasint the Rams with a few missed passes, drops etc but they still moved the ball and stayed with the run. Scored a lot more then 3 points at this point of their game, lol. 

All that and I am a Daboll guy too, lol.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This isn’t exactly new for him. I mentioned it several times in the Blog that people would hate him. 

Definitely loves to pass the ball. I think it also has to do with moss and singletary have both been inconsistent week to week. 4.3 yards per carry average combined. Moss and singletary had 8 games of their 16 games below 3.7 yards per carry 

i really dont like the read option offense when it is your base w a running qb in the NFL

im ok with it as a few plays here and there.

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

When a team finds a franchise QB, they like to say they found their QB for the next 10 years.

So what happens in about 2-3 years when Jackson is simply a mobile QB, rather than someone who is a true weapon with the ball in his hands?  

Even Collinsworthless says they aren't good in passing situations. 

They will pay him a ton and cripple themselves thats what happens

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Definitely loves to pass the ball. I think it also has to do with moss and singletary have both being inconsistent week to week. 4.3 yards per carry average combined. Moss and singletary had 8 games of their 16 games below 3.7 yards per carry 

There are many in here that would still cry about the run-pass ratio despite struggles on the ground. 

Definetly a Defense/field position game. Don't see those that much anymore. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

There are many in here that would still cry about the run-pass ratio despite struggles on the ground. 

I tend to complain more when they are running well and then decide to just abandon it. 

Daboll did a great job converting a historically backwards Bills offense into something resembling the modern prototype.  But the young QB and the rest of his supporting cast look a bit like the stage is too big for them.  They look tight, out of sync, and ineffective.  This is playing into the Baltimore recess/broken play model.  Keep the game tight and eventually Jackson is going to break loose for a TD to slip ahead.  

When you play a team like the Chiefs or Packers, though, that won't cut it.  You have to keep up.  And then it won't work.

Just now, Ipiggles said:

i really dont like the read option offense when it is your base w a running qb in the NFL

im ok with it as a few plays here and there.

Thats why I dont get some wanting us to interview Roman the OC of the Ravens. He hasnt really done much. One "ok" season with Kap then one good season with Lamar mainly due to him running the ball so much. I hate Roman;s offense. No thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Definetly a Defense/field position game. Don't see those that much anymore. 

The wind is playing a role in that.. 

Even though I've been bashing Lamar Jackson relentlessly tonight, this is his kind of game.  Sloppy, field position, defensive struggle.  When you are locked in that kind of game, the QB with the legs might break it open.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Daboll did a great job converting a historically backwards Bills offense into something resembling the modern prototype.  But the young QB and the rest of his supporting cast look a bit like the stage is too big for them.  They look tight, out of sync, and ineffective.  This is playing into the Baltimore recess/broken play model.  Keep the game tight and eventually Jackson is going to break loose for a TD to slip ahead.  

When you play a team like the Chiefs or Packers, though, that won't cut it.  You have to keep up.  And then it won't work.

Same thing happened to them in the playoffs last year. Especially Allen. 

What people don’t realize is press Taylor was asked by roman and Daboll this week to help with their offensive game plans. Both needed another genius and potential OC 

I don't know about others, but I am rooting for a 3rd consecutive doink.   i don't know if it has ever happened before, but it would be fun to see.

Just now, eagle45 said:

The narrative may be quick to bash Tucker, but that wind is pretty hectic.

Hard to blame tucker with the wind being this bad. Like finish off drives knowing the wind is this ridiculous. 

Archived