EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Hoping for a Packers/ Bills SB, will settle for a TB/Bills SB.

had enough of KC already. 

It’s been one year.  You’re not tired of the guy who deflates footballs and destroys evidence?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually with Gase fired in NY it could be possible that Hines Ward might be avail. Go get him Nick :)

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Interesting and matches what many have discussed on here: Sirianni isn’t a QB guru and clearly shouldn’t be tasked with "fixing Carson”. My sense is that he will run a creative offense with good game planning, which is really what you want in a head coach.

His QB coach should be a mechanics guru though.

Jordan Palmer would be an interesting option at QB coach.   Not sure he wants to be tied to a single NFL team, rather than the free lancing he's currently doing, but I'd absolutely give him a call.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I think he was just a consultant, so he probably just gave us scouting reports on draft eligible players. If anything, we k ow who he likes. 

Yup. We have his reports.

Also, makes it easier to trade back with Detroit.

Don't know much about Rocker or some of these other guys but it's nice to see us pulling from somewhere else outside of Indi.  One of the intriguing things about Sirianni is that he has spent time in multiple different systems so theoretically has a bigger base to pull from for assistants.  We'll see.

No idea if Rocker is a good hire. But credit to Burke, he did a pretty good job last year. While I would have liked Burke back for D-Line coach, I like that they are going almost full overhaul with the staff and not pushing anyone on the new guys 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jordan Palmer would be an interesting option at QB coach.   Not sure he wants to be tied to a single NFL team, rather than the free lancing he's currently doing, but I'd absolutely give him a call.

That would be a fantastic hire, but I’d imagine he makes out well for himself and has 1/4 of the workload working with QBs privately 

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Don't know much about Rocker or some of these other guys but it's nice to see us pulling from somewhere else outside of Indi.  One of the intriguing things about Sirianni is that he has spent time in multiple different systems so theoretically has a bigger base to pull from for assistants.  We'll see.

Rocker has been at a bunch of SEC schools but has been fired a bunch too. This feels like a bit of an underwhelming hire. 

McLane is so vindictive, I do love that he's one of the few who has the balls to routinely take shots at how pathetic this organization is. And he does it in the most spiteful of ways.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No idea if Rocker is a good hire. But credit to Burke, he did a pretty good job last year. While I would have liked Burke back for D-Line coach, I like that they are going almost full overhaul with the staff and not pushing anyone on the new guys 

Im not as big on Burke as most I guess. Was it his coaching or the fact we have the most money spent on the Dline? Ill say Sweat has improved but when you have pro bowlers in Cox,  and Graham. Big money FAs in Hargrave, Jackson and even a 1st rounder in Barnett Id hope they would have success. 

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Does this mean Siri has been able to hire his own coaches?   Seems like it. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:
McLane is so vindictive, I do love that he's one of the few who has the balls to routinely take shots at how pathetic this organization is. And he does it in the most spiteful of ways.

It's also why he's bad at his job.

2 hours ago, tuffstuff07 said:

Hooker has the usually Philly problem of he can't stay healthy 

That is a cause for concern and he will not be cheap. 

12 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Hoping for a Packers/ Bills SB, will settle for a TB/Bills SB.

had enough of KC already. 

Enough of Tom Brady... Go Bills!

1 hour ago, blindside said:

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

They will get over it.

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Auburn CRANKS out stud d-lineman.  This is intriguing. 

11 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

after the draft i hope? he has knowledge of our draft plans etc.  

That can only help us... he was supposedly here when we selected Reagor over Jefferson, Hurts in Round 2 and Davion Taylor in Round 3.

And, none of the new coaching staff was settled so no real plan is actually in place yet.   So, he only knows what Howie is thinking... 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

he's like the scorned lover , going to spin things to make the team look bad

16 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The Lions stole John Dorsey. Good interior candidate to replace Howie gone.

Don't worry.  According to Lurie, there are 5 future GM's on Howies staff.  Everything is fine!

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I disagree, I think he's very good at his job. His sources are solid, he often gets scoops that no one else gets, and his columns generate a lot of buzz and get people talking. Truly a boon for the Inquirer.

1 hour ago, blindside said:

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

They’ll get over it, but if you go with "where there’s smoke there’s fire”, bringing Wentz back may irritate the players more than Duce leaving. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Rocker has been at a bunch of SEC schools but has been fired a bunch too. This feels like a bit of an underwhelming hire. 

Yeah I'm not gonna pretend to know much about these position coaches.  I just get a bit wary when a guy comes in and just brings all of his buddies from one organization cause that's all they know.  It's one of the selling points about Sirianni that I actually buy into a bit.   We shall see.  

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That would be a fantastic hire, but I’d imagine he makes out well for himself and has 1/4 of the workload working with QBs privately 

Agreed.   Still to get him on a retainer to work with our QBs every year - minimum.

Archived