EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

He doesn’t want to be here since he isn’t HC. Do you think we should have named him HC?

Not only that how many of those players do you think are still on this roster in 2-3 years? They are turning over the roster. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Interesting and matches what many have discussed on here: Sirianni isn’t a QB guru and clearly shouldn’t be tasked with "fixing Carson”. My sense is that he will run a creative offense with good game planning, which is really what you want in a head coach.

His QB coach should be a mechanics guru though.

Curious to see what QB coach he has work with wentz and hurts. Haven’t heard much on that end yet. 

also it helps having competent WRs that are developed correctly. Say whatever we want but the eagles are about to embark on their 7th WR coach in 7 years. Only in 2017 did we see consistency from the position and competent development of a young WR (agholor) and outside of that year the young Wrs on the eagles have been underwhelming and underperforming. Wentz has his own set of issues but you know what helps a QB? Having competent and consistent play out of your WRs. The colts last year early in the year struggled to find consistency on offense. They’d pile on bad teams like the Jets, bengals, lions and Vikings (early season defense was atrocious) but then the offense couldn’t score 20 points against the browns (return TD offense only scored 16), bears and Baltimore. Then Michael Pittman and pascal began playing much better. Pittman exploded in week 9 which also helped lead to the Hilton finally beginning to be productive and rivers Look much better week to week. Then Taylor came on strong down the stretch as well and the colts offense was way more consistent week to week. They averaged 30.4 ppg compared to the first 8 games where they averaged 26 (more due to games vs. Jets, bengals and lions). 

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He doesn’t want to be here since he isn’t HC. Do you think we should have named him HC?

I wouldn’t have minded it

4 minutes ago, blindside said:

I wouldn’t have minded it

Based on what? Being well liked? What can we point to and say, that guy should be our HC?

47 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I just want him to be creative and adapt his offense to fit the players he has. Also if he's doing something that's not working then do something different. Don't be stubborn.

Also would be great if he doesn't become too loyal to vets in the sense that if someone younger is playing better then that player should start

Hopefully he does something different in the offseason that reduces the amount of injuries

31 minutes ago, blindside said:

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

The players can love him from afar

39 minutes ago, blindside said:

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

half the player wont be here in 2 years. we need a. rebuild and cant afford the ones we have now that are tied to duce. making this a non issue

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The players can love him from afar

Or, alternatively, they can join him wherever he goes if they really want to. I don't think that will happen though.

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Based on what? Being well liked? What can we point to and say, that guy should be our HC?

I love Duce the player here and he was a great person but as the RB coach i don’t think he was as great as people think he was. He inherited Lesean mccoy after mccoy had already proven to be a good back in this league. Kelly’s offense really helped mccoy get to those seasons he did under chip. I’ll give him some credit there but i think it was more of mccoy was developed and chip’s offense was huge for him those two seasons  

Then i look at the rest of the landscape at RB. Murray was definitely not better with the eagles. Ryan matthews was Ryan matthews that he was in SD. Sproles was already established like mccoy. So what did he exactly do with sproles? Smallwood was a JAG. Our running game in 2018 was bad. We used Adams who was bad most of the time. It’s why people screamed for us to traded for a back. Pumphrey was awful. Blount and ajayi again already established when they got here. Again Jordan Howard was established and good before he got here. Corey clement had one good year in 2017 and then regressed the next 3 seasons when he wasn’t hurt. Boston Scott like clement solid year then regressed and he really wasn’t fully developed here as he was with the Saints for a couple of seasons on PS being developed. 

Brings us to miles sanders. Sanders was very good down the stretch in 2019. However in 2020 I’d argue he regressed as a pass catcher (some his and some not his fault). He also very much regressed in pass protection and blitz pick up along with Scott in this area. As a runner it was hard to tell cause he had some big runs and their oline was always changing. So sanders he got playing at a level you’d want out of a high draft pick. 

besides just development of RBs his rotation was always questioned. for instance this year at the end of the game sanders was removed in order for Corey clement to come in and finish the game off as he was considered to be the "power” guy. Meanwhile sanders had been running well that game and clement hadn’t seen a touch all game until that point. Their rotation has been like that for a while, guy is running well then we don’t see that back for long stretch. Obviously some of that is on doug but Duce also said he takes guys in and out based on play and how he feels

Again love Duce the player and person but i don’t think his resume states he is overwhelmingly deserving to be a HC. If you want to say sirianni’s doesn’t either then i wouldn’t argue but there eagles value the passing game more than tha running game so getting career year out of Keenan Allen, development of guys like Pittman and tyrelle Williams probably helped him besides being an OC under reich. And he along with reich has shown willingness to adapt to personnel they have in Indy 

Chase or Sewell, if not there move back with Panthers so they can jump ahead of Lions.

57 minutes ago, blindside said:

It’s business and we just literally blew the thing up for a major rebuild. It is what it is. I do like Duce I’m a fan but it’s just one of those things. He will be fine.  Probably a blessing is disguise if he shines somewhere else as well for his career. 

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

BLOCKING WRs!!!

Never should’ve gotten rid of Mack hollins. He could lineup right and block. Probably also should call up Riley Cooper to teach the young WRs how to block... on second thought maybe not a good idea... 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Never should’ve gotten rid of Mack hollins. He could lineup right and block. Probably also should call up Riley Cooper to teach the young WRs how to block... on second thought maybe not a good idea... 

Just if Hines Ward was still avail to be a WR coach. Wanted him last year when he was avail. Get some of that Steelers WR knowledge in here. Can we trade a 7th rounder for his rights?

Just now, RLC said:

I'll bite: I have no idea who that person is.

He was an incredible player at Auburn. Won the Outland and Lombardi. 

1 minute ago, metal said:

after the draft i hope? he has knowledge of our draft plans etc.  

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Just if Hines Ward was still avail to be a WR coach. Wanted him last year when he was avail. Get some of that Steelers WR knowledge in here. Can we trade a 7th rounder for his rights?

Yeah the eagles need to figure out their crap at WR and it starts with the coach. This is going to be their 7th wr coach in 7 years. At some point the position is a reflection of what you are given to work with but also the failures at WR coach besides groh.  

1 minute ago, metal said:

According to Jeff we have at least 4 more GM candidates in the building so we can brush it off as one less cook in the kitchen, lol.

Just now, Ipiggles said:

after the draft i hope? he has knowledge of our draft plans etc.  

I think he was just a consultant, so he probably just gave us scouting reports on draft eligible players. If anything, we k ow who he likes. 

Archived