EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point Im more excited to see who fills out the rest of the staff. QB coach, WR coach, OC, SP Teams coach, DB coach etc. It all starts with coaching as we saw in 2017. You can take a decent team and turn them into a SB team with a great staff all on the same page. Well and a little luck 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Zaven Collins for one 

6-4, 260. Probably not what we’re looking for if the 2020 Colts model is accurate for Gannon. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

See above. 

Got it now, thanks.  There are some REALLY good 2nd round LB prospects this year.  Would love to see this new staff take one.

13 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Parsons

So seems like the allegations of criminal behavior are all from highschool no???

Or am I missing something. I really like parsons as a prospect. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

As I mentioned before we have no clue what Gannons scheme choice will be. Yes it could follow Eberflus or it could be a 180. However if it is a cover 2 scheme then once again I hate to say I was right wanting to keep Douglas and Jones last year. I really wanted to see those two under a new DC here. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ballard is a bright guy and spent a very high 2 on Rock Ya-Sin. Obviously pick 6 is much different than pick 36, but it still says it’s valuable. 

Also, if the 2020 Colts are the blueprint, it seems like Sirianni would want a prototypical X. That would mean Chase over Smith. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Watching a few videos of interviews with him in the past week he looks like what most fans want in a direction of offense. Hes a guy who believes in building a consistent run game to open up the pass game. I know your not a big fan of that style but that seams to be his style based off his interviews I saw. I for one like that approach if it is and excited for it. Will be nice to see if he schemes to get our recs open, uses the levels type concepts to create separation etc. 

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

6-4, 260. Probably not what we’re looking for if the 2020 Colts model is accurate for Gannon. 

Would love Collins, but he's a RD1 player.

Could see us going Nick Bolton in RD2.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Farley also seems like a great fit for the 2020 version of the Colts D. 

He's the best of the bunch IMO, but the injury history is a major red flag for me. 

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Watching a few videos of interviews with him in the past week he looks like what most fans want in a direction of offense. Hes a guy who believes in building a consistent run game to open up the pass game. I know your not a big fan of that style but that seams to be his style based off his interviews I saw. I for one like that approach if it is and excited for it. Will be nice to see if he schemes to get our recs open, uses the levels type concepts to create separation etc. 

An effective run game is great. Running for the sake of running is not. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Well Siriani will have his hands full coaching up young guys like reagor fulgham hightower watkins, I'd include JJAW but not sure he's salvageable.

Just now, Couch Potato said:

He's the best of the bunch IMO, but the injury history is a major red flag for me. 

I didn’t know he had any. I haven’t spent much time digging into the draft class yet. ACL?

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I didn’t know he had any. I haven’t spent much time digging into the draft class yet. ACL?

Knee injury in 2017, but played without injury in 2018 and 2019.  Should be a non-issue

Pretty much the exact opp of Doug. Schemes/Game plans to beat the defense he is against, not just keeping doing the same plan every week hoping it works then adjusting at halftime. 

A decent amount of interview videos on Nick and what he believes in for his game style. Very in depth guy during his interviews. Actually sounds like he knows the X's and O's. Hes a complete oppt of Doug who sounded like a cave man when talking about plays, scheme etc. 

13 minutes ago, blindside said:

Losing Duce is a mistake, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a coach. The players love him. That means something. 

Players loved Doug as well. They will move on. Thats life in the NFL and they are professionals. Nothing new for the players. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Point i Made after the hire was besides the QB position that the eagles were in desperate need to get their young wide receivers developed and playing at a level of competency that would also help the QB position. Sirianni has shown to be able to do that with the chargers (Keenan Allen’s best year and tyrelle williams development) and last season as pascal and Pittman who struggled at the start of the year came on strong by the end of the year. I think that was another reason the eagles also liked him. Not the overwhelming reason but another point they liked in his career. 

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

He doesn’t want to be here since he isn’t HC. Do you think we should have named him HC?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

ACL in 2017 and a back issue throughout 2019.

To be fair, the repaired ACL doesn't seem to have hampered him at all, but the 'Sidney Jones Experience' makes me wary. 

Interesting and matches what many have discussed on here: Sirianni isn’t a QB guru and clearly shouldn’t be tasked with "fixing Carson”. My sense is that he will run a creative offense with good game planning, which is really what you want in a head coach.

His QB coach should be a mechanics guru though.

Archived