EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

They’ll have an OC and a passing game coordinator. 

And a run game coordinator?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A locker-room that went 4-11-1 needs to be taking a very long hard look at itself, never mind worrying about losing a coach they might like.

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don’t believe Indy had one, but I would have to imagine that’s Stout. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They’ll have an OC and a passing game coordinator. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I've got no problem with a separation of powers and passing game coordinator, running game coordinator, etc.  But they need an OC to answer to separate from the HC.  The Eagles basically had that in 2017.  Reich did the script, Defillippo did Red Zone, Groh did 3rd downs (or something like that), but then Reich would compile it and then he'd work with Doug the night before with play calls for specific situations in the upcoming game.   

If Sirianni can get a qualified OC around him that he trusts as much as Doug trusted Reich, that's what will make it work, or not.  And delegating can help with replenishing the pipeline if you lose coaches.  They need to be empowered and trained.   That didn't happen with Taylor, and seems it was too early for Groh to move to OC.  I would be surprised if Reich moved Groh up to OC, or to QB coach if they elevate their QB coach to OC.

The dumber portion of the fan base won’t understand this mentality but I think the locker room will. They understand the business side of the NFL 

11 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting note on safety. Note sure how true it is but figured I’d post what i saw 

Gannon was not calling the plays.

What Gannon brings we do not know. Will he mirror the work/mind/scheme of Eberflus? We dont know. He could have his own ideas/scheme that is a 180 from the Colts DC. 

Key to all of it is that this is new, exciting and time for change. What comes with this change we dont know but it is exciting to see something fresh. 

40 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think Les is right though. I don’t think the Blog is a reflection of the fan base in general. 

Correct...if you go on any social media platform where beat writers and the official Eagles accounts post information, the basic fans are up in arms.  Half of them call him Deuce and think and just look at things on the surface.  Those fans will be up in arms, how DARE the Eagles do this to Duce.  He's being mistreated yada yada yada...

The locker room will get over it as we should expect a serious roster turnover not this year but next. 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Acquiring Gannon and keeping Stoutland are such massive wins.

People were worried that good coaches wouldn't want to come to Philly!

yeah it's not a race when hiring the right people. you need to hire the people that have the best vision for your team coming off a HC that lacked the vision and skills to fix the team.

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've got no problem with a separation of powers and passing game coordinator, running game coordinator, etc.  But they need an OC to answer to separate from the HC.  The Eagles basically had that in 2017.  Reich did the script, Defillippo did Red Zone, Groh did 3rd downs (or something like that), but then Reich would compile it and then he'd work with Doug the night before with play calls for specific situations in the upcoming game.   

If Sirianni can get a qualified OC around him that he trusts as much as Doug trusted Reich, that's what will make it work, or not.  And delegating can help with replenishing the pipeline if you lose coaches.  They need to be empowered and trained.   That didn't happen with Taylor, and seems it was too early for Groh to move to OC.  I would be surprised if Reich moved Groh up to OC, or to QB coach if they elevate their QB coach to OC.

Already mentioned Marcus Brady is making the move up to OC in Indy. 

42 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

It’s harder to develop players as coordinators, than position coaches, that said Gannon gets credit for saving Xavier Rhodes career. Minny cut him last year and Gannon got him back to almost pro bowl level.   It’s a shame he’s 30, he could come here on the cheap.    Hopefully they find the money to go after Malik Hooker as well.  He’s a FA. 

Hooker has the usually Philly problem of he can't stay healthy 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That pretty much puts him not even on the Eagles draft board. They like their good clean poster boys. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I was't a big fan of his anyways and don't want him in round 1, anywhere. I'm liking these second/third round guys. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

future cowboy I'm sure

Looks like he deleted the tweet. It's been re-posted though.

11 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I hope so.. The colts drafts have been decent. Heck they drafted Nelson and Leonard in back to back picks of the same draft. Howie can only dream of making such picks.

I wonder if Sewell is there, maybe they grab him and put him inside at LG. Could be a very similar to drafting Nelson. There's some nice linebackers in this draft too for round 2. 

3 minutes ago, metal said:

future cowboy I'm sure

Looks like he deleted the tweet. It's been re-posted though.

Looks like he fixed a typo. 

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

That pretty much puts him not even on the Eagles draft board. They like their good clean poster boys. 

The tweet isn't working.  Who is this regarding?

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I wonder if Sewell is there, maybe they grab him and put him inside at LG. Could be a very similar to drafting Nelson. There's some nice linebackers in this draft too for round 2. 

If Sewell is there at 6 he has to be taken.  The line is old, oft injured, and needs top talent.

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

If Sewell slips, I would find it hard to see the Eagles passing up on him. With the uncertainty of Dillard(I still have faith in him) and Lanes injuries and age I could see them taking going this direction. If Sewell is the next best Oline stud as they say. However Eric Fisher was suppose to be that guy as well and picked before Lane. 

6 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Zaven Collins for one 

Archived