EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

gonna be fun watching this new staff rebuild the team. 

With the cap situation, I think we have a very similar roster in 2021 as we did in 2020.  Will be very easy to see if the issues were coaching or the players.

Something to consider, picking 2 Coaches from a very stable stout team like the Colts does feel good in a way. Has nothing to do with the frank tree but looking at the Colts as a whole they look well built well coached and honestly had a chance to win couple weeks ago too.

More this sits with me and now hiring Gannon I am starting to get on board with this team.

A few things regarding the Colts defense, and how it was built...

* Valued long-armed LBs, which make sense for zone-based teams that want to force tight window throws between LBs and DBs. Leonard and Okereke have vines.

* Playmaking and rangy FS/center fielder is really important. They already had Malik Hooker on the roster, but they added Blackmon with a premium pick despite coming off an ACL tear.  

* Big, physical corners. 

5 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Something to consider, picking 2 Coaches from a very stable stout team like the Colts does feel good in a way. Has nothing to do with the frank tree but looking at the Colts as a whole they look well built well coached and honestly had a chance to win couple weeks ago too.

More this sits with me and now hiring Gannon I am starting to get on board with this team.

I wish we could bring Chris Ballard. He’s a stud. 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

hopefully we won't be seeing the DB's giving up all the double moves and 3rd and forever's that happened every weekend against our team.

13 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

gonna be fun watching this new staff rebuild the team. 

And maybe we draft quality linebackers, corners, safety's and even develop them

At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays. 

BOOOOOOOOM

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I like the fact that Gannon was well sought out by other teams yet he chose to be with Sirianni.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

* Valued long-armed LBs, which make sense for zone-based teams that want to force tight window throws between LBs and DBs. Leonard and Okereke have vines.

* Playmaking and rangy FS/center fielder is really important. They already had Malik Hooker on the roster, but they added Blackmon with a premium pick despite coming off an ACL tear.  

* Big, physical corners. 

Yeah, is Howie gonna draft the way Ballard does... Hopefully with the influx of new ideas it reflects on the draft picks. 

Maybe Sirianni has a relationship with one of the Colts football personnel people and can get him into the mix here. 

20 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

With the cap situation, I think we have a very similar roster in 2021 as we did in 2020.  Will be very easy to see if the issues were coaching or the players.

well part of the issue was an enormous amount of injuries. Lets hope that changes.

Part of it appeared to be coaching decisions and game planning. Calling 55 passes to 9 runs when your oline was on its 10th combo having back ups to the back ups playing and not doing well pass protecting, and wrs consisting of Jjaw, Hightower, Ward and Fulgham, and a TE of Rodgers, when Sanders was playing, just makes one pause and wonder if Doug is either stoopid, or just wanted to get fired.

It would be hard not to improve upon our 2020 offense. Even a slight improvment in Special teams, could generate better starting avg field position, which would also help the offense. Too many times our players waved off punts only to start inside the 20, also too many times we brought the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs and never made it to the 25, both giving up valuable field position. That stems from poor coaching.

It would be hard not to improve from 2020 

Leonard and Okereke both have 82 inch wingspans. 

For comparison sake, Davion Taylor is at close to 77. Singleton and Edwards is at 75. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Here his numbers from coaching in his previous stints. Gotta say looks bad can’t wait to see how some will spin this :

Curtis Modkins  Points  Yards  Giveaways  DVOA 
 2010 - Bills 28  25  31  26 
 2011 - Bills 14  14  25  16 
 2012 - Bills 21  19  28  21 
 2016 - 49ers 27  31  21  24 

Acquiring Gannon and keeping Stoutland are such massive wins.

People were worried that good coaches wouldn't want to come to Philly!

48 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

* Big, physical corners. 

Malik Hooker is a FA if I'm not mistaken.  If they can find any money to spend I would love to see him here.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Thanks for LII, Duce. 

Not just LII but so many great years as a player, the pickle juice game, one amazing TD against the Cardinals (Donovan's broken ankle game), many other great games as an Eagle. 

Wish him nothing but the best.  I still think his best road to getting an NFL HC gig is to head down to a college program as an OC.

Archived