EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Nah, he's not the fastest ever.  Maybe one of the "quickest" but not super fast.  DJax was faster in his prime...several others as well. 

He’s quick too but even his top end speed in insane. I think he’d beat DeSean.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat unpopular take: I think AR had his development as a HOF offensive coach and historic offensive mind delayed by years as a result of sticking with McNabb for nearly a decade.  

Mcnabb was athletic and had a big arm...but he was also a complete moron and inaccurate.  You could do worse (and we did with Kolb)...but history has shown that he really did hold things back.  

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He’s quick too but even his top end speed in insane. I think he’d beat DeSean.

Well hill’s 40 time coming out of college was 4.29. Desean at the combine was 4.35 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Somewhat unpopular take: I think AR had his development as a HOF offensive coach and historic offensive mind delayed by years as a result of sticking with McNabb for nearly a decade.  

Mcnabb was athletic and had a big arm...but he was also a complete moron and inaccurate.  You could do worse (and we did with Kolb)...but history has shown that he really did hold things back.  

McNabb had his faults and was not the transcendent talent Mahomes is but the skill position players each had make a difference as welll.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I tend to believe if we had better wide receivers in 2002 and we didn’t have Westbrook get hurt in week 16 in 2003 and had better wide receivers the Eagles probably could’ve made it to at least two more Super Bowls. When the eagles had TO and Westbrook on the field together their offense went to another level. Kind of like how having kelce and hill with mahomes 

Just now, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

McNabb had his faults and was not the transcendent talent Mahomes is but the skill position players each had make a difference as welll.

Our skill players were bad due to draft misses from 1999-2003, Mcnabb’s first 5 years.  After that, they had weapons for him.  Some really good ones too.

3 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

KC has so many weapons man. Pick your poison.

Their best back might actually be williams. CEH has been solid this year and bell hadnt looked anywhere close to what he once was. Williams since getting more snaps has looked good especially in the postseason. Averaging like 6 yards per carry 

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’d take Moss over Hill in a foot race if the distance were long enough.  

Id take Green over both. i had to look it up but I remember way back when the Redskins said he ran this ridiculous time. Its documented as a 4.09. Now yes its not an official combine time so is def off a bit. But that dude flat out was fast. His game speed matched his 40 times every play. Not to forget only a 5 or so years ago he ran in a race against NFL players at the pro bowl skills and out beat guys half his age. If Im correct DJax was in that race as well. 

Crazy thing is you can go back to players like Bob Hayes and even Bo Jackson who recorded a 4.12 in the 40 at the combine(different era of course) Hill is fast but you also have to remember back in the day the pads were different, bigger and heavier. Put them in todays game and its close. 

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It’s not a bad take. The offense in 06 didn’t seem to skip a beat with Garcia who didn’t have a great arm.

From 05-08 you could also make a case for Westbrook being the MVP of the offense. 

3 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

KC has so many weapons man. Pick your poison.

Honestly it's kind of annoying IMO

I'm rooting for Bills because I'm already tired of Chiefs but they'll likely win anyway

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Reagor/Fulgham/Ward/Goedert/Sanders

Nah, let’s draft a CB.

Especially with Smith and/or Chase likely to fall right into our laps at 6. 😂

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Honestly it's kind of annoying IMO

I'm rooting for Bills because I'm already tired of Chiefs but they'll likely win anyway

Feels like the Chiefs weathered the early Bills storm. I expect them to control this the rest of the way.

Is it me or are there some ridiculously easy balls that should be caught by all 4 teams offenses and defenses?

Maybe Daboll should have been interviewing 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Josh Allen makes a Wentz like decline eventually. 

He’s about to lose Daboll, just like Wentz lost his guru.

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id take Green over both. i had to look it up but I remember way back when the Redskins said he ran this ridiculous time. Its documented as a 4.09. Now yes its not an official combine time so is def off a bit. But that dude flat out was fast. His game speed matched his 40 times every play. Not to forget only a 5 or so years ago he ran in a race against NFL players at the pro bowl skills and out beat guys half his age. If Im correct DJax was in that race as well. 

Crazy thing is you can go back to players like Bob Hayes and even Bo Jackson who recorded a 4.12 in the 40 at the combine(different era of course) Hill is fast but you also have to remember back in the day the pads were different, bigger and heavier. Put them in todays game and its close. 

I’d take Bo over all of them

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Allen is looking like 2019 playoff Allen 

If the chiefs score here it could be an avalanche that the bills aren’t able to recover from

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s not a bad take. The offense in 06 didn’t seem to skip a beat with Garcia who didn’t have a great arm.

From 05-08 you could also make a case for Westbrook being the MVP of the offense. 

I think we saw Reid absolutely maximized the talent and ability of McNabb with the personnel they had.  While they lacked receivers, they always had awesome RBs, a top 5 OL and seemingly a top defense for many of those years.  

Archived