EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, wtfcares said:

None of them taken in the top 10. 

History shows these WRs can be had in the last first/early second. 

Now how many of the top CBs are taken after the top 10? Almost none. 

I don't care. We're gonna have at least 1 of Smith, Pitts, and Chase available at 6. It's an absolute can't miss, even the worst GM in the league can't screw this up. This offense was insanely horiffic, one of these 3 immensely changes things.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mattmcginley7 said:

I don't care. We're gonna have at least 1 of Smith, Pitts, and Chase available at 6. It's an absolute can't miss, even the worst GM in the league can't screw this up. This offense was insanely horiffic, one of these 3 immensely changes things.

Agreed

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

People seem to see draft position and act like every draft is the same. Pick 6 isn’t really that great this year. 

I am stoked with Detroit trading Stafford.  Now, if only someone not Dallas signs Dak.  How sweet would it be to have Dallas needing a QB and getting them and Detroit in a bidding war for our first to then trade down one spot with Detroit and land their second because of that?

Just now, eagle45 said:

I understand a rationale of not taking WRs top 10 due to value later.  I won’t argue that.

Top 10 value for cbs?  That’s laughable.  What top 10 cbs are responsible for the final 4 teams success this year?  

That’s fine then take OL/DL or trade back.

BTW both Ramsey and Lattimore were in playoffs in divisional playoffs. Meanwhile 0 top 10 WRs. 

1 minute ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Justin Blackmon was also a can’t miss WR

1 minute ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Chase may not separate in the NFL.  Smith may not be able to physically tolerate high volume.  Pitts is a TE who will need to be used creatively to transition into an elite receiving weapon.

There is plenty of opportunity to screw this up both in the draft and with the development/usage afterwards.  

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I understand a rationale of not taking WRs top 10 due to value later.  I won’t argue that.

Top 10 value for cbs?  That’s laughable.  What top 10 cbs are responsible for the final 4 teams success this year?  

You can probably go even farther than that. Maybe even final 8 

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Top 10 draft pick I’m saying. None of these guys were taken in the top 10. 

I’d be more trusting the eagles could find it later but they’ve been as bad drafting WRs late as they have early. so you are likely getting less than stellar WR regardless. Which again brings me back to my point that during the hiring process of sirianni I think the eagles also view the fact that he’s able to develop young wide receivers was an important thing on top of everything else. We have four wide receivers who are considered young (reagor, Hightower, Watkins and JJAW [frankly i don’t think he’s fixable]). 

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

BTW both Ramsey and Lattimore were in playoffs in divisional playoffs. Meanwhile 0 top 10 WRs. 

Isn’t Mike Evans in the Super Bowl? 

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

I don’t even like the value for the WRs top 10 this year.

The team that drafted Ramsey top 10 is one of the worst in the nfl...hardly a ringing endorsement of the concept if he’s the first name to mention.

10 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Surtan is going top 10 for sure.

How many top 10 WRs are played in the playoffs this year? How many top 10 CBSs are playing in the playoffs this year? 

History says Drafting a WR top 10 almost never works out. 

Top 10 WRs in playoffs: 5

Top 10 CBs in playoffs: 3 

Full disclosure I’m not saying this is a great argument as 2 of the WRs are Tavon Austin and Ginn Jr. 

The bottom line is that these are elite teams who got it right.  

The common thread for all elite teams...1-2 players who were top 10 picks that were hits and then a bunch of big hits later.  

So you aren’t going to have many top 10 anything besides qbs.

4 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Devante Adam’s, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Stephon Diggs,

Those guys all say Hold my beer...

11 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Surtan is going top 10 for sure.

How many top 10 WRs are played in the playoffs this year? How many top 10 CBSs are playing in the playoffs this year? 

History says Drafting a WR top 10 almost never works out. 

You can say that about most positions drafted in the top 10. If your in the top 10 then you are a crap team. Its not easy to get out fast and takes a lot of work, not just 1 player to turn it around. Coaching and Culture seam to be the key to that turn around over that top 10 draft pick. 

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t even like the value for the WRs top 10 this year.

The team that drafted Ramsey top 10 is one of the worst in the nfl...hardly a ringing endorsement of the concept if he’s the first name to mention.

well, that team did have its defense carry it to an AFC championship just a few years ago while he was still there. Of course, they didnt just have him. They also had a couple really good... LBs! And a sucky QB whos offense was carried by the.... 1st round RB!

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Devante Adam’s, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Stephon Diggs,

Those guys all say Hold my beer...

None of those guys were drafted in the top 10. 

Now sit Mahommes, Kelce and Hill, AR. Buffalo isn’t scoring three TDs and multiple two point conversions. 

Bills should of went for it on those 4th and goals. Can’t play the safe route against the Chiefs in AFC championship. 

Just now, wtfcares said:

None of those guys were drafted in the top 10. 

You said top ten WRs in the NFL. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

Now sit Mahommes, Kelce and Hill, AR. Buffalo isn’t scoring three TDs and multiple two point conversions. 

They might just kick field goals anyway. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Top 10 WRs in playoffs: 5

Top 10 CBs in playoffs: 3 

Full disclosure I’m not saying this is a great argument as 2 of the WRs are Tavon Austin and Ginn Jr. 

Who is the 5th? I got Evans, Watkins, Fitz, and Corey Davis

7 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Isn’t Mike Evans in the Super Bowl? 

Sammy Watkins will be joining him soon.

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Who is the 5th? I got Evans, Watkins, Fitz, and Corey Davis

Tavon Austin plays for GB. And fitz didn’t make it 

Archived