EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, ManuManu said:

The Bills better hurry up. It’s hard to kick six FGs in 15 minutes. 

Gonna need a couple onside kicks to go their way. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

If Sewell were to fall I’d take him In a heartbeat. 

Unfortunately OL has been that bad. 

If Sewell is good enough to take at 6, he's almost a lock to go top 5.  I'd be stunned if he was still available. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

If you think you got a legit LT worth taking at 6, you do it. 

OT is one of the few positions we're okay at.  If Doug wasn't so obsessed with Jason Peters there'd be nothing to talk about. 

You don't take a 3rd OT at 6th overall when you've got a roster like ours.  WR and every last position on defense needs an impact player welllllllllll before OT.  Only way you could go OL at #6 is if there was a superior, dominating guard or center sitting there but there's not a prospect there that early.

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

You have to throw analytics out the window when playing against KC. McDermott settling for two field goals when he needed seven points on each of them. If you can’t hang up 30+ against Mahomes and that offense, don’t bother showing up. 

While I agree, that’s also the mystique that causes countless teams to beat themselves in the playoffs against dynasties.

They behave irrationally, look for statement plays, and get desperate early.  

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really can’t see the bengals passing him up at 5 unless they trade out to get more picks. I think the Dolphins and bengals would have to pass on him to get to 6 which is unlikely. I would be surprised if both did unless they both deal out. I still see atlanta going QB 

I don’t expect it either. Cincinnati will be absolutely dumb to pass on him. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

People seem to see draft position and act like every draft is the same. Pick 6 isn’t really that great this year. 

Yup. It was a bad year to be bad. I think 6th this year with the pandemic playing its role and plus potential overall talent with Sewell, chase and smith being off the board. I think one will be there but i wouldn’t be surprised if 2 QBs go 1-2 then you have a run of smith, Sewell (although think atlanta goes QB) and chase. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There isn’t anyone worth #6 overall and they can get a guy in the second to play a Cover 2 with Slay. 

Surtan is going top 10 for sure.

How many top 10 WRs are played in the playoffs this year? How many top 10 CBSs are playing in the playoffs this year? 

History says Drafting a WR top 10 almost never works out. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

People seem to see draft position and act like every draft is the same. Pick 6 isn’t really that great this year. 

Unfortunately it’s really not. If Smith and Chase is gone I want trade out. 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I don’t expect it either. Cincinnati will be absolutely dumb to pass on him. 

Yup they badly need oline. If they do they are dumb. I tend to think the Dolphins should go Sewell as well. They need help OL. Also need skill position help but i think better to find that with their second first round pick then at 3. I think there’s going to be a wr available at 18 where the drop off isn’t as much as the drop off from Sewell to whatever olineman is there at 18. 

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

How many top 10 WRs are played in the playoffs this year? How many top 10 CBSs are playing in the playoffs this year? 

Playmaking WRs are dictating outcomes of games...

These poor cbs just hang on like drunk people riding a bull in a country bar, even the "elite” ones.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yup. It really feels like this is the weakest top heavy draft in awhile. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gonna need a couple onside kicks to go their way. 

Too risky. Squib kicks only. 

Man I like physical aggressive DBs that run faster than 4.62.  Note to Howie.

4 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Are we watching the same NFL Playoffs?? Each team playing today has an at least 1 elite WR.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Playmaking WRs are dictating outcomes of games...

These poor cbs just hang on like drunk people riding a bull in a country bar, even the "elite” ones.

You didn’t answer my question. How many of these playmaking WRs were taken top 10? None of them. Almost all are late first/second rounders. 

How many of the top play making CBs are taken top 10? Almost all of them. 

6 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

If Sewell is good enough to take at 6, he's almost a lock to go top 5.  I'd be stunned if he was still available. 

OT is one of the few positions we're okay at.  If Doug wasn't so obsessed with Jason Peters there'd be nothing to talk about. 

You don't take a 3rd OT at 6th overall when you've got a roster like ours.  WR and every last position on defense needs an impact player welllllllllll before OT.  Only way you could go OL at #6 is if there was a superior, dominating guard or center sitting there but there's not a prospect there that early.

Mailata is so overrated by Eagle fans 

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Daboll eh? 

They sucked tonight, that’s for sure.  But the greatest offensive coach in nfl history got caught with his pants down in the championship game for multiple consecutive years because his qb was a choke artist.  So I wouldn’t put it all on Daboll.

Just now, mattmcginley7 said:

Are we watching the same NFL Playoffs?? Each team playing today has an at least 1 elite WR.

None of them taken in the top 10. 

History shows these WRs can be had in the last first/early second. 

Now how many of the top CBs are taken after the top 10? Almost none. 

6 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Just saying diggs led the nfl in receiving. Hill was top 5 until they rested him week 17. Devante Adams was top 5. And the bucs have Evans, godwin and AB. Argument that tampa has the best WR unit as a whole (Scottie Miller and Tyler Johnson have also been a solid picks) 

4 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Top 10 ranked WRs or top 10 drafted WRs? Because Evans, Adams, Hill, and Diggs are all top 5-10 ranked WRs. I agree that you can find gold in later rounds at WR, but this team never does that. They’re only good at drafting Shelton Gibson type WRs in later rounds. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup. It really feels like this is the weakest top heavy draft in awhile. 

And there were people wanting the Cowboys to win just for get here....Sinners. 

Just now, wtfcares said:

You didn’t answer my question. How many of these playmaking WRs were taken top 10? None of them. Almost all are late first/second rounders. 

How many of the top play making CBs are taken top 10? Almost all of them. 

I understand a rationale of not taking WRs top 10 due to value later.  I won’t argue that.

Top 10 value for cbs?  That’s laughable.  What top 10 cbs are responsible for the final 4 teams success this year?  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just saying diggs led the nfl in receiving. Hill was top 5 until they rested him week 17. Devante Adams was top 5. And the bucs have Evans, godwin and AB. Argument that tampa has the best WR unit as a whole. 

Top 10 draft pick I’m saying. None of these guys were taken in the top 10. 

Archived