EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

23 minutes ago, Solomon said:

I don't mind if Doug stays another year, but Howie has to go. He won't. Lurie won't fire him, but he's the biggest issue this franchise has right now. With him staying I can't get excited about anything. I felt like this shortly before Lurie fired Chip. I had no excitement and felt there was nothing to look forward to while he was still head coach. It's exactly the same with Howie. I don't even care what they do with Wentz or Hurts at this point because none of it matters. The franchise is such a disaster right now at every level. 

Whoa.... you made it back!!!   

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Hurts played relatively well considering he was running with the backups, or whatever the hell you could even call what that was last night.  

I actually saw the Sudfeld thing as a nod to Wentz.  I think if the Eagles saw Hurts as the clear future, they would have given him a shot to win that game a la Wentz turning it around late in 2016.  But that didn't happen.  Makes you wonder.

This whole situation makes me sad, it was such a strange feeling with a lot of conflicts of interest between Doug, Wentz, Schwartz, Hurts, Graham, Ertz, etc.  Just think of all the individuals who went into that game with some strange baggage.  A weird and fascinating night

22 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

By the way, if we hadn't tied with Cincy, if we had lost, and if we didn't win the Saints game, you know where our draft slot would be right?

IF the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a dump he'd have caught the rabbit.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I will likely watch every game... but I won't be glued to the TV like in the past.   And I might DVR the games, and watch them where I can fast forward them.

It's like the Phillies run into their complete demise.  You can have the game on, clue in at certain points because you know you need to.  Then you're conditioned to recognize certain things and be pissed off at how much of an opportunity was squandered.

1 minute ago, Solomon said:

I did! Unfortunately for you all lol

This place wouldn't be the same without our token 'emotional lil bish'.

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

IF the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a dump he'd have caught the rabbit.

That's, uh...a new one. 

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

hahaha That's not me! That was...shoot I can't remember his name. I think his avatar was a owl or something? Although I think he and I posted fairly similar sentiments pretty often hahaha

1 minute ago, metal said:

here we go

"We'd like to formally announce that we're stepping down together. We believe this is in the best interest of the franchise as there's little else we can destroy here. We look forward to out next opportunity to run a franchise into the ground."

2 minutes ago, Solomon said:

hahaha That's not me! That was...shoot I can't remember his name. I think his avatar was a owl or something? Although I think he and I posted fairly similar sentiments pretty often hahaha

Nah, the running video game or whatever character is who I'm thinking of.

Lurie Keeping Doug and Howie after the dismal performances of 2020, while in comparison, Doug Benched Wentz who's play was affected by the Dismal Performances of both Doug and Howie, just seems like - not right. Why not treat Doug and Howie like they treated Wentz. BENCH THEM. 

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

Nah, the running video game or whatever character is who I'm thinking of.

Oh yeah, that's me.

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That sounds like, "and this discussion is over”!   Rather silly TBH.  I have a suggestion.  If you’re not in the mood to debate someone, don’t quote them with an opposing view.  

No one is saying he hasn’t been a great Eagle.  I said he played with little heart this year and no heart last night.  The guy is a little on the dramatic side.   

Actually at work and have to pretend to be "working”. 

I’ve said this before, when a guy is in a slump or is playing poorly it appears he "doesn’t care”. And I believe it to be true for any sport. 

I’d agree Ertz wasn’t good this year, poor blocker- sure. Has no heart or doesn’t care - no way. 

28 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

By the way, if we hadn't tied with Cincy, if we had lost, and if we didn't win the Saints game, you know where our draft slot would be right?

If Evan Engram had caught that ball, Giants make the playoffs. Eagles drop to #3.  Drew Brees doesn't break his ribs. Eagles have no chance  in the Saints game... and drop even lower.   

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

❤️

-ferris

Ferris! Glad to see you're still hanging around! Hope all is well!

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If Evan Engram had caught that ball, Giants make the playoffs. Eagles drop to #3.  Drew Brees doesn't break his ribs. Eagles have no chance  in the Saints game... and drop even lower.   

if its and buts were candy and nuts

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Dak doesn't lose his ankle, Jimmy G breathing on the field, missing anything else?

28 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Fine them for what?  It's so easy to defend the decision.  

'Dear NFL,

Please review the following film and look at Hurts' stat line.  We made the decision to place a member of our team on the field who has been with us for 4 years on the field because Hurts' couldn't run a HS level offense.

v/r

Lurie'

When your QB's yards per carry average is higher than the yards per attempt, there's really no way to say that pulling that QB was a 'bad' move.  Granted... Sudfeld's yards per attempt was even lower, but Hurts was terrible in that game as a passer.   He can run.  Yippee.

This just infuriates me to no end. We all wanted Jefferson.  History is on the fans side here. 

New blog smell but it won't last long with all the sh** half you guys post! 😄😋

1 minute ago, Solomon said:

Ferris! Glad to see you're still hanging around! Hope all is well!

Living life as much as I can!  Just got moved to Colorado Springs for the Air Force (unfortunately I don't get to be the first shuttle door gunner for space force) to baby sit cadidiots at the Academy.  Same to you!

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doug was scheduled for Tuesday and Howie wasnt scheduled at all

Now are doing a joint press conference at 1030

Last time this happened Andy was let go. 

DON'T get my hopes up...

12 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

wrong guy. that's blindside

Archived