EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

:roll: thats flippin awesome and yet wondersome. How in the world did this guy win a Superbowl with that type of ineptitude?

Suffice to say unless he actually starts learning, he will never win another one as HC of any team.

There's a pretty good possibility he won't win another game as the HC of this team if Lurie doesn't clean house.  We roll this back, trade Wentz and go with Hurts...0-16 is a very distinct possibility.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Saw that when it happened, and the whole Oline did little on that play, which was I believe either the 2nd or 3rd to last play of the game.  Dont know why they didn't even block. 

I just can't be bothered to muster any emotion beyond "meh" over this whole thing. It sucks for some of the older players who were likely playing their last game. I doubt they wanted to go out that way. Beyond that, the team and league as a whole will move on.

39 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Same. Instead Lurie is gonna drag his feet and "meet" with them. Just fire them both already and be done with it. 

I don't mind if Doug stays another year, but Howie has to go. He won't. Lurie won't fire him, but he's the biggest issue this franchise has right now. With him staying I can't get excited about anything. I felt like this shortly before Lurie fired Chip. I had no excitement and felt there was nothing to look forward to while he was still head coach. It's exactly the same with Howie. I don't even care what they do with Wentz or Hurts at this point because none of it matters. The franchise is such a disaster right now at every level. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This uproar over tanking is silly.  It happens ALL THE TIME!!!  Now it’s an issue when the Eagles did it.  

The NFL stupidly placed that game into Primetime so everyone could witness it. And it mattered to 2 teams. If this game was a 1 O'clock game, hardly anyone would have cared

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Garbage yards in a one-score game? 

Outside of the 20 point explosion, any deficit felt like it was 3 scores at least.  Kyler did his best as well to keep us in the game.  Honestly both of them looked like Make a Wish kids out there.  Nothing was enjoyable about that game from a football watcher standpoint from either QB.

By the way, if we hadn't tied with Cincy, if we had lost, and if we didn't win the Saints game, you know where our draft slot would be right?

24 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He’s supposed to be a veteran leader. Players like bg, Cox, lane, kelce, ward (minus as a pr), mills and sem came every game and gave it their all. The young kids came in with fire and played their hearts out. You can’t say that about ertz or alshon. 

I feel like Ertz has been checked out all season. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

By the way, if we hadn't tied with Cincy, if we had lost, and if we didn't win the Saints game, you know where our draft slot would be right?

Higher than 6? 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The sarcastic posts in here, last night, were enjoyable. 

Most fun I've had in a GDT since the first half of week 1

Those still hanging their hat/hopes on Hurts fall into one of these categories : Anyone but Wentz, or Running QB's are the best.

And I remain in the category that in order to win consistently, you have to be able to win from the pocket. When you dont have a Franchise QB, you have almost zero realistic chances of being perennial contenders, when you have a Franchise QB you have a realistic shot at being perennial contenders. 

You either have one or you dont. We had one in Wentz, this team broke him. I believe he can be fixed. If you believe he cannot be, then you had better be in "we need to find a Franchise QB" crowd, because in my opinion, Hurts isn't one, and likely will never become one. He is a guy who can make plays with his legs. 

5 minutes ago, Solomon said:

I feel like Ertz has been checked out all season. 

Higher than 6? 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It's not about the tanking, its how they did it. 

They should of started STUDfeld from the jump. Going for the touchdown on 4th and goal.

You know what it looked like... That Doug went in really wanting to win the game and was reminded that he needed to Tank. 

It was embarrassing. Doug handled it so bad, and so embarrassing he should be gone today. and I hope the league fines the Eagles out the @s$ 

Fine them for what?  It's so easy to defend the decision.  

'Dear NFL,

Please review the following film and look at Hurts' stat line.  We made the decision to place a member of our team on the field who has been with us for 4 years on the field because Hurts' couldn't run a HS level offense.

v/r

Lurie'

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

You most definitely should and can get fined for "disrespecting the shield" 

I think there's less than 1 percent chance they get fined for this. The likely outcome is maybe one prime time game next year. But even then, the Eagles are a big TV draw, so it'll be forgotten. 

I caught up on Red Zone this morning and wondered if anyone mentioned Derrick Henry for 2,000 rushing yards over the season? 😉

As for the fake furore today.  Get outta here.  The Colts tanked twice - once for Manning and once for Luck.  If you do your business as a team, you don't need to worry about others, so screw the Gints as we all know they would have done the exact same thing to us - last year they played Eli and previously the Cowboys played Romo for a series before putting in Sanchez for the rest of the game. 

Such a fake narrative from the media and the socials.  Any team worth the their salt would have tanked yesterday, and if the Redskins were any good, they'd have taken dross on our team and flattened it early.  The secondary was Slay and a bunch of rookies and nobodies. The LBs were equally unknown to many in Philly, let alone the rest of the league.  You can't pass all over that with one of the top rated PFF OLs? 

I can't wait to see what major staffing changes is in reality.  A DC who was already off, another WR coach change (just because) and some assistant changes. Whoop de doo!

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The sarcastic posts in here, last night, were enjoyable. 

I had to go to work mid way through the 3rd, I'm really sad I missed the opportunity to continue the shenanigans.

34 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I'm a little upset with myself as I still have to break in the off-season thread:

Jalen Reagor sucks.

Carry on.

Not saying he's a bust or anything yet, but when he was "liking" or whatever, all those tweets about him not being nearly as good as the other players drafted before or around him...I thought it was super cringy and thought that he'll probably be a bust if that's how fragile he is. 

Part of that may be that I'm not excited about literally anything the Eagles do in the draft because of how awful Howie is at it. Always getting these types of players instead of the studs just sitting there. Though, not that I think those players would be having half the seasons they are if they were in Philly. 

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

Define good?  He fumbled 3 times, had an intentional grounding causing a safety, and they capitalized off some turnovers by the D.  Outside of that he got some garbage yards through the air in the second half.

He had a good 2nd quarter, even a great 2nd quarter.   2nd half, they moved the ball a little, but got held back from scoring points.  55% comp pct. as well in that game.  That's not 'good'.  That's well below average in the NFL now.   Sure, his WRs suck.  And they have all year... and last year too.

I'm actually looking forward to 2021 games with the Giants. I feel like there's not much these days that generates genuine feelings of spite between rivals so it's nice to see the flames of hatred rekindled. 

Hurts seems like an absolutely awesome human being, I feel terrible bagging on him.  He was over drafted by a team who a good chunk of the fan bases' fav player is the back-up QB.  A team, who in theory should have been a contender.  A team which has recently won a SB. Unfortunately, his limitations were severely exposed and if the guy he was drafted to back-up is traded and he's put in this position again next year, will be out of a job in this league within 3 years max.

I find it somewhat surprising and amusing how outraged the city is that Hurts didn’t get the full game.  Suddenly the city is so attached to this guy.

People are just completely glossing over the fact that Hurts is a horrible passer.  I think the city gets what they want...Hurts in 2021.  And we are going to have it shoved down our throat how bad the passing offense will be with Hurts under center.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

You'll watch every game and you know it. 

😎

I will likely watch every game... but I won't be glued to the TV like in the past.   And I might DVR the games, and watch them where I can fast forward them.

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

Hurts seems like an absolutely awesome human being, I feel terrible bagging on him.  He was over drafted by a team who a good chunk of the fan bases' fav player is the back-up QB.  A team, who in theory should have been a contender.  A team which has recently won a SB. Unfortunately, his limitations were severely exposed and if the guy he was drafted to back-up is traded and he's put in this position again next year, will be out of a job in this league within 3 years max.

Good for him.  If the NFL brings back the fullback, let me know and I’ll be happy he’s a part of the team.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I find it somewhat surprising and amusing how outraged the city is that Hurts didn’t get the full game.  Suddenly the city is so attached to this guy.

People are just completely glossing over the fact that Hurts is a horrible passer.  I think the city gets what they want...Hurts in 2021.  And we are going to have it shoved down our throat how bad the passing offense will be with Hurts under center.

The vocal minority.  Their fav player is the back up QB in this town.

IDK what's going on within the team.  We can speculate all the combos we want, but something needs to change.  Hopefully Lurie realizes that, because I've lost my passion for football in general trying to make sense of everything post SB.

25 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This uproar over tanking is silly.  It happens ALL THE TIME!!!  Now it’s an issue when the Eagles did it.  

It hurt the little precious NYers.  So, now its an issue.

Here are your snap counts

JJAW played 41 snaps. The only WR who played more was Greg Ward with 48.

Archived