EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

41 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Saw that when it happened, and the whole Oline did little on that play, which was I believe either the 2nd or 3rd to last play of the game.  Dont know why they didn't even block. 

They hate Sudfield worse than Wentz. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Hurts seems like an absolutely awesome human being, I feel terrible bagging on him.  He was over drafted by a team who a good chunk of the fan bases' fav player is the back-up QB.  A team, who in theory should have been a contender.  A team which has recently won a SB. Unfortunately, his limitations were severely exposed and if the guy he was drafted to back-up is traded and he's put in this position again next year, will be out of a job in this league within 3 years max.

Nah.   I see him sticking around as a backup.   You know the Ravens will need a backup QB behind Jackson, and having a backup that's very similar in style might be the best thing for them.  Having a 'traditional' QB behind Jackson would be foolish... as it would require a completely revamped offense as soon as he gets hurt.  Its why Trace McSorley made so much sense for them as the backup.  Hurts would be a better option than McSorley.

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I find it somewhat surprising and amusing how outraged the city is that Hurts didn’t get the full game.  Suddenly the city is so attached to this guy.

People are just completely glossing over the fact that Hurts is a horrible passer.  I think the city gets what they want...Hurts in 2021.  And we are going to have it shoved down our throat how bad the passing offense will be with Hurts under center.

Could you imagine if Wentz was 7 for 20 with an INT and wasn't pulled from the game.... oh, the vitriol.

This city loves the underdog so much, they can't see straight sometimes.  

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Listening to Doug this AM...he’s definitely gotta go.

What did he say?

3 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Living life as much as I can!  Just got moved to Colorado Springs for the Air Force (unfortunately I don't get to be the first shuttle door gunner for space force) to baby sit cadidiots at the Academy.  Same to you!

Good for you, that's great to hear. Sorry you missed out of the Space Force position, but there will be more opportunities to pew pew aliens down the road! 

19 minutes ago, metal said:

Here are your snap counts

JJAW played 41 snaps. The only WR who played more was Greg Ward with 48.

Of course he did.

3 minutes ago, greend said:

wrong guy. that's blindside

That's who I was thinking of. Couldn't remember the name but I picture his avatar. 

17 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

This place wouldn't be the same without our token 'emotional lil bish'.

lol   That's blindside.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Of course he did.

He was the team's best blocker.  

Your Head Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles gentleman.  I'm sure he was just goofing but goodness this guy.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I officially HATE Lurie.  He's basically sending those guys out to take the blame for the season as a penance.  What really should happen is he fires them right now and calls a presser at 4 pm.  

I think Lurie will talk to the media.  My hope is he is sending them out to say goodbye.  

Just now, Khani1 said:

Doug was on WIP this morning.  I doubt he would have been if he was getting fired.

He's always on.  It's part of his contract.  

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

if its and buts were candy and nuts

Agreed.  But, the point is... the Giants literally had a playoff spot in their hands, against the Eagles... and they dropped the ball, literally.   So, they can boo-hoo all they want.  I hate them for Engram not catching that ball.  He cost us 3 more draft spots, and in the top 6... that's a TON!

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Doug was on WIP this morning.  I doubt he would have been if he was getting fired.

he's not that smart

9 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Dak doesn't lose his ankle, Jimmy G breathing on the field, missing anything else?

Yup.   In other words... frankly, the Eagles had no business winning their 4 games.  So, the Giants expecting them to win last night is asinine.  

And if Washington wasn't forced to play Smith on one leg, the Eagles likely aren't even close in that game.

6 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This just infuriates me to no end. We all wanted Jefferson.  History is on the fans side here. 

Revisionist history. 

There was a very small minority of fans that wanted Jefferson IF they didn't trade up to get Lamb or Ruggs. 

This entire "the fans wanted Jefferson from the beginning" narrative came to fruition about halfway through the season.  But in the days leading up to draft day and on draft day it was all about trying to trade up to get Lamb.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Your Head Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles gentleman.  I'm sure he was just goofing but goodness this guy.

To be fair to Doug if you had to talk to Angelo Cataldi every week you'd probably feel the same way.

10 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Living life as much as I can!  Just got moved to Colorado Springs for the Air Force (unfortunately I don't get to be the first shuttle door gunner for space force) to baby sit cadidiots at the Academy.  Same to you!

Spent 2 weeks at the AFA.  Beautiful campus.  Got to fly gliders there back in the day.   Great 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Revisionist history. 

There was a very small minority of fans that wanted Jefferson IF they didn't trade up to get Lamb or Ruggs. 

This entire "the fans wanted Jefferson from the beginning" narrative came to fruition about halfway through the season.  But in the days leading up to draft day and on draft day it was all about trying to trade up to get Lamb.  

No, when the pick came, and Jefferson was on the board, 90% of the board wanted Jefferson with that pick, not one guy said hey we should draft Reagor with the 21st when Jefferson was avail. 

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think Lurie will talk to the media.  My hope is he is sending them out to say goodbye.  

He's always on.  It's part of his contract.  

How often does that happen with firings though?   

49 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

We're generally on the same page about a lot of stuff on here but this take is 100% wrong.  90% of the team may have had a bad year but those other 90% were busting it trying to get things done...they just don't have the skillset/awareness/experience to be good yet.  This team didn't mail it in, they are just a bad team.

Ertz, while he isn't a top 5 tight end (despite his salary requests) is still one of the top 5 Eagles.   

Ertz could have done 2 things this year. 

-Know it's his last year in Philly, play his heart out for the city that loves him and a team he won a SB with.  Go out on a high note, increase your trade value so a team is willing to trade for you and give you the money you want.  

-OR-

-Know that you aren't getting the deal you want here, pout about it and then put in minimal effort for the majority of the season.  

This right here is not not playing with heart or care for the outcome.  Don't ask me what Pryor is doing either.

You're right.  He's been a great Eagle.  

I’m not gonna defend that video. Hadn’t seen it not an I sure what is happening.

I agree with top part of your post about other guys/talent level etc...

I just have a hard time believing a guy who was out on the field at 1:30am with Kelce and Wentz, who was attempting to play with a lacerated kidney last year, who’s been out there with his guys doesn’t "care”.

Some posters throw the garbage around like it’s nothing ... I have no problem bashing guys for bad play but we are to loose with guys who have no heart or don’t care IMO. Especially a guy who’s been so good for us. Has his contract stuff bothered him, probably. Has his body language been poor at times, yup. 

It’s easy to think that from our living room. Not making excuses for him but maybe the horse s___ season has affected his play too. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Revisionist history. 

Not for all of us.  I was 100% on the Jefferson bandwagon and was worried that they wouldn't have a shot at him at 21 without trading up.  I think I would have felt better about it if the Vikings had leapfrogged the Eagles for him.    Maybe not though... small consolation.

4 minutes ago, metal said:

To be fair to Doug if you had to talk to Angelo Cataldi every week you'd probably feel the same way.

I can't even stand to listen to him... I couldn't imaging having to talk to him.

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doug was scheduled for Tuesday and Howie wasnt scheduled at all

Now are doing a joint press conference at 1030

Last time this happened Andy was let go. 

They're conspiring to fire Lurie.

Archived