Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I see it that way too. Doug was "safe". Then rumbles of Wentz saying he didn't want to play for DP. Now fired.  Wonder if Hurts asks for trade?

Maybe Carson sends Hurts packing too. Can’t wait to see the coach who comes in here willing to let Carson’s whims control his job security.

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

I have to assume that Lurie and Howie already have their horse picked out and are in communication with that person's agent.  If they don't, I think this was a bad move.  

It's a bad move whatever they do at this point. The fact Howie is involved in the decision for the next HC is bad. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Gonna be an interesting coach search. 

It’s going to probably be a half assed "search” and hiring someone else from Reid’s staff. 

If this is a precursor to firing Howie and accepting we need to rebuild the roster and start again that's fine, if Howie stays then we're trying to sell a job where the GM can't draft but can't be fired and will talk you out of a job at the first sight of a losing season.

It was wierd how all the talk turned to losing the dressing room on the last game despite some quotes at first that a lot of players expected Sudfeld to come in at some point, it's reminiscent of the end of Chip, all of a sudden the papers were full of talk of the dressing room being lost. 

It'll be interesting to see who they get, Bieniemy will just prove that Kansas is more about Reid than whoever holds the clipboard and calls themselves OC IMO. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s going to probably be a half assed "search” and hiring someone else from Reid’s staff. 

Whoever is willing to be the next yesman/fall guy. 

Just now, SPIDER-MAN said:

I liked Daboll more also. Not that I expect Bienemy to fail. I just think we have gone to the Reid tree already. Lets go elsewhere.

Well Daboll is somewhat of an extension of Reid tree seeing as he was hired by Opey Taylor in Buffalo.  I just don’t see any Reid disciples taking the job now since Howie is the GM.  He fired Andy, and now Doug.  

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

OMG promoting Press is the worst decision in Eagles history (one in a series of F ups)

Pederson wanted to promote from within, which I hated. They did that and it failed. The team needs an injection of fresh minds.

Honestly, I don't even know if I want Staley around. Good guy, but you don't keep someone around just because he is a great Philly person.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

3 if you count Reid. Howie was the architect of the "Dream Team" and escaped that unscathed as well.

Glad u posted this FACT. 

We all tend to forget this. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Corey Undlin. Ugh

Yup, if those were seriously Doug's candidates for OC DC qb coach then I think he wanted to get fired, those choices are atrocious.

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

If the diva was responsible for this coup, then next on the hitlist to be purged will be Jalen Hurts.  It's gonna be just like when Brady forced the Pats to get rid of Garopallo.

I wouldn’t think Hurts has any say, I mean he’s here on the cheap as a backup but if we keep Wentz, which I think we will. Other teams will call and ask what we want for Hurts. Funny thing is who drafted Hurts? 

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Exactly... I mean if Bienemy is the hire I would be ok with that but unless Howie goes it will be more of the same bs anyway 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's a bad move whatever they do at this point. The fact Howie is involved in the decision for the next HC is bad. 

The fact Howie wasn’t fired is the true travesty here. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Whoever is willing to be the next yesman/fall guy. 

Yup. 

Just now, Maga301 said:

I wouldn’t think Hurts has any say, I mean he’s here on the cheap as a backup but if we keep Wentz, which I think we will. Other teams will call and ask what we want for Hurts. Funny thing is who drafted Hurts? 

It's not Hurts who has the say.  It's the diva who will force the team to get rid of him.

5 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Im surprised he was fired honestly. I figured he would get at least one more year because of the super bowl. If it wasn’t for that he was as good as gone. But the super bowl bought him time. I wonder what Lurie is thinking now.

Maybe Doug putting his foot down over the staff was him looking to get fired? He put up with a lot of disrespect over the course of the last month. In fact, for years in press conferences Howie reveled in showing everyone Doug was a subordinate. Maybe he just had enough.

1 minute ago, VeeMak said:

Well Daboll is somewhat of an extension of Reid tree seeing as he was hired by Opey Taylor in Buffalo.  I just don’t see any Reid disciples taking the job now since Howie is the GM.  He fired Andy, and now Doug.  

I see where you are coming from, but Daboll has at least showed he can be successful without Reid.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Andy Reid's right hand man in KC, Eric Bieniemy, gets the gig.  Book it. 

That's exactly who I want! 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You think Wentz and Howie teamed up against DP to Lurie?

Both screwed Wentz over. Howie gave Wentz freaking JJAW as a weapon and gave that snake Alshon that horrible contract

Doug was flawed with the wrong supporting cast, but when he had the right team working with him he was a genius. I could be wrong but I think this will end up being the wrong move, and if it means wentz is here long term could be disastrous. Something about the whole thing stinks, and no matter who is HC next season, they’ll have one hell of a task cleaning this mess up.

1 minute ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Pederson wanted to promote from within, which I hated. They did that and it failed. The team needs an injection of fresh minds.

Honestly, I don't even know if I want Staley around. Good guy, but you don't keep someone around just because he is a great Philly person.

Hard to know,we gave Duce ONE RB and a PS guy and we didn't use either much and we had no Oline to open holes. So until we have some pieces,I can't say Duce is good or bad because there is not enough info

Archived