Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

He did call it. Foles suggested it. Took some balls I'll give him that considering that they didn't execute it at all in practice. They kept Fn it up. So to do it at that stage was rather brassy. Give him credit where credit is due.

SO Foles CALLED it and Ped AGREED to it. Foles CALLED that play

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

Rebuild time!!!!

Add QB to your list

Truth lol

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Add QB to your list

If he fired DP it probably means he doesn't wanna be done with Wentz. That's The only way it makes sense. 

I'm sad for Doug. Thought he'd get another year. I'll admit the SB win bias is large with me. Have to say, Lurie does not F around, he makes the hard decisions when needed. 

Best of luck to you Doug, thanks for the greatest year ever.

You would think Roseman, Pederson and Wentz all had their jobs tied together but guess not. 

Pederson was indeed the fall guy and that is unfortunate. Probably came down to Lurie demanding that playcalling goes to OC (not named Press Taylor). If that was the case and Doug was against it then this firing was justified 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO Foles CALLED it and Ped AGREED to it. Foles CALLED that play

You seem to not understand authority and who had the final say. Pederson could have said F you run a dive. Had it failed it would have been on Pederson for running a play that they couldn't even get to work in practice.

9 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Wow...

Who is going to want this job? Its a terrible job.

1. Bad GM
  2. No ability to hire staff
  3. Old Team
  4. No Cap Space
  5. "Franchise QB" that is overpaid and arrogant
  6. Refer to #1

Cross off #2 as I would assume a new HC will be given the liberty of hiring his own staff (at least initially).  

Looks like Rappaport, Siciliano and some others are reporting that Doug was tired of too many people telling him what to do.  

Didn’t this rear it’s head last season when Doug endorsed Groh then canned him the next day?

Time for Lurie to butt out a bit.  Fire Howie and hire an actual football guy, and give them some latitude to work.  

Howie must have naked pictures of Lurie. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

If he fired DP it probably means he doesn't wanna be done with Wentz. That's The only way it makes sense. 

Not necessarily. The world doesn't revolve around Wentz.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

You seem to not understand authority and who had the final say. Pederson could have said F you run a dive. Had it failed it would have been on Pederson for running a play that they couldn't even get to work in practice.

OH like Ped woulda called that on his own? HAHAHAHA.Watch the tape where Foles comes over and says "you want some Philly Philly?" If that's not a play call I don;t know what is

8 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

None of the names on this list excite me.

Among the hot outside candidates this year are Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley, Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs quarterbacks coach Mike Kafka, Ravens quarterbacks coach James Urban and Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady.

F it go for Riley.  Reunite him with Hurts.  Seems to have worked in Arizona with Kingsbury and Murray.

Just now, judunno said:

Not necessarily. The world doesn't revolve around Wentz.

What other reason to fire Doug? Unless that last game tank dive was all Doug's idea. 

Just now, time2rock said:

F it go for Riley.  Reunite him with Hurts.  Seemed to work in Arizona.

I dunno I think Howie and Lurie are gun shy after Chip. That left a permanent stain for a while IMO 

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

F it go for Riley.  Reunite him with Hurts.  Seems to have worked in Arizona with Kingsbury and Murray.

This team is a clusterfk

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

F it go for Riley.  Reunite him with Hurts.  Seemed to work in Arizona.

With Doug out, I expect the plan going forward will be with Wentz, Not Hurts. I could be wrong. 

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

With Doug out, I expect the plan going forward will be with Wentz, Not Hurts. I could be wrong. 

Yeah that would seem to make sense.  

Who wants to work for a meddling owner and a terrible GM? We will hire some high school coach or some other puppet. I am fed up with the Fing team!

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’ll bet he was fired because he said gosh that one time...

Gee whillikers, I don’t know, ya think?  

9 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'm sad for Doug. Thought he'd get another year. I'll admit the SB win bias is large with me. Have to say, Lurie does not F around, he makes the hard decisions when needed. 

Best of luck to you Doug, thanks for the greatest year ever.

I disagree... If he made hard decisions Howie would be gone... Howie should have been shown the door before Doug... But with me it would have been a no brainer to get rid of Howie 

Archived