Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

With Doug out, I expect the plan going forward will be with Wentz, Not Hurts. I could be wrong. 

I see it that way too. Doug was "safe". Then rumbles of Wentz saying he didn't want to play for DP. Now fired.  Wonder if Hurts asks for trade?

Wow. I thought Doug deserved at least another year. 

Clearly needed an OC and maybe that was the breaking point.

Thank you Doug - you brought us our first Super Bowl and will never be forgotten for that.

PLEASE for the love of God finish the job Jeff ... fire that rat-faced weasel Howie too!!!!!

Im surprised he was fired honestly. I figured he would get at least one more year because of the super bowl. If it wasn’t for that he was as good as gone. But the super bowl bought him time. I wonder what Lurie is thinking now.

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Yeah that would seem to make sense.  

So although Hurts would be a viable backup, what is our overall plan for him now that Wentz is likely staying? I know he’s on a rookie deal but trade rumors are gonna swirl, if not this year then next 

5 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'm sad for Doug. Thought he'd get another year. I'll admit the SB win bias is large with me. Have to say, Lurie does not F around, he makes the hard decisions when needed. 

Best of luck to you Doug, thanks for the greatest year ever.

No, the real hard decision that Lurie needs to make but is too scared to make is to fire his buddy Howie. Until he does that, nothing much will change. While I agree that Doug needed to go, he is the current scapegoat for Howie and Lurie. How many coaches has Roseman survived now? 3? 4?

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Does this mean Jason Peters finally retires?

Maybe he's the new OC lmao

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I hope he talks all kinds of trash about Howie

and then tells Joe Judge to meet him in the parking lot.

BF9F29A0-0482-45B5-9198-A46EE0095A49.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I think it also means that Howie is someone not to cross lol. He's beat two HC's somehow. 

3 if you count Reid. Howie was the architect of the "Dream Team" and escaped that unscathed as well.

2 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

So although Hurts would be a viable backup, what is our overall plan for him now that Wentz is likely staying? I know he’s on a rookie deal but trade rumors are gonna swirl, if not this year then next 

If the diva was responsible for this coup, then next on the hitlist to be purged will be Jalen Hurts.  It's gonna be just like when Brady forced the Pats to get rid of Garopallo.

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Precisely. I have to say I'm a little surprised by this move. Only because I'm not sure who they think they can bring in who's actually going to be able to help reshape the direction of this team. No good young bright coach is going to want to touch this job for the reasons you have stated above. 

I have to assume that Lurie and Howie already have their horse picked out and are in communication with that person's agent.  If they don't, I think this was a bad move.  

4 minutes ago, bobeph said:

I think it’s time the Eagles finally get Urlacher in here.......to coach.

I heard new OC Larry Fitzgerald is already at the airport

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

PLEASE for the love of God finish the job Jeff ... fire that rat-faced weasel Howie too!!!!!

Not going to happen.  Looks like Howie will be in charge of hiring the next coach.

Underrated comment.

OMG promoting Press is the worst decision in Eagles history (one in a series of F ups)

26 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Just got notification from Bleacher Report that Doug has been canned.

Bienemy is going to get a lot of hype (deservedly so) but I would be in favor of Daboll if we are keeping Wentz.  Especially given what he did with Josh Allen 

I liked Daboll more also. Not that I expect Bienemy to fail. I just think we have gone to the Reid tree already. Lets go elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Ya Lincoln Riley will never take this job. We are going to see Lurie and Roseman go back to the Andy Reid well. 

this is not a good look at all

And probably all to try and salvage Wentz. Yikes.

He’s too nice to do it publicly, but I could settle for "sources” making a lot of noise on the airwaves. 

Archived