Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

First, its funny you single out Duce on that list when there are other less qualified candidates on that list lol

Let me preface my comments by saying Duce is not Andy Reid.

Was everyone knocking down Andy Reid's door when he was at Green Bay other than the Eagles? Eagles fans and media criticized the Eagles for this hire.

This might not be the best example but Doug Pederson. No one wanted him and he won a superbowl with the right staff around him...

Conversely, Adam Gase coming out of Miami was a hot prospect as well. Look at him now.

My questions to you:

What is the roles and responsibilities of a head coach?

What where is Duce lacking in those roles?

Just because you don't want him as a HC and he is not a hot prospect doesnt mean he cant be a good HC. Stop the non-sense.

Less qualified? No. Brady is a dynamic young OC. Duce is a....RB coach who his own HC passed over multiple times and nobody else in the league wants.

Reid....up and coming coach who wasn't passed over multiple years by his own HC

Doug...up and coming coach who wasn't passed over multiple times by his own HC

Wow...Gase is an example of a failed hot prospect. Gee, that never happens. Better take a RB coach nobody wants, never added any creativity, couldn't help Doug fix things, and once again...was passed over multiple times by his own HC.

Yes, it does mean he shouldn't be hired. He is the box of stuff Johnny keeps taking to the pawn shop in Cobra Kai. He's great to TATE, but nobody else wants to even interview him for an OC let alone HC for good reason.

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Gase was a hot prospect coming from the bears not miami. Gase was already proven to be a disaster with Miami before going the Jets

You are correct, that was a mistake on my part lol

Lurie is either going to try to hit a home run with the ''next young bright offensive mind'' or finally give Duce a shot. I would say it ends up being Brady, Smith, or Duce. I would be surprised if Daboll doesn't end up with the Chargers though I'm guessing they will pursue him. I think Saleh is going to be a good coach and he has the right mentality for Philly but I don't see Lurie hiring a defensive guy especially with the QB situation the way it is right now.

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Less qualified? No. Brady is a dynamic young OC. Duce is a....RB coach who his own HC passed over multiple times and nobody else in the league wants.

Reid....up and coming coach who wasn't passed over multiple years by his own HC

Doug...up and coming coach who wasn't passed over multiple times by his own HC

Wow...Gase is an example of a failed hot prospect. Gee, that never happens. Better take a RB coach nobody wants, never added any creativity, couldn't help Doug fix things, and once again...was passed over multiple times by his own HC.

Yes, it does mean he shouldn't be hired. He is the box of stuff Johnny keeps taking to the pawn shop in Cobra Kai. He's great to TATE, but nobody else wants to even interview him for an OC let alone HC for good reason.

Doug was an up and coming coach? Who else interviewed him? Was he not the last coach to be hired in 2016? KC fans were crucifying him for his terrible play calling at the end of games. Yes, Andy Reid did give him some play calling responsibilities in certain situations.

Thats right, getting passed over means you are not able to do the job. Maybe Mike Groh aligned more to what Doug pederson wanted to do. Maybe Press Taylor aligned with what Pederson wanted to do. 

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

Lurie is either going to try to hit a home run with the ''next young bright offensive mind'' or finally give Duce a shot. I would say it ends up being Brady, Smith, or Duce. I would be surprised if Daboll doesn't end up with the Chargers though I'm guessing they will pursue him. I think Saleh is going to be a good coach and he has the right mentality for Philly but I don't see Lurie hiring a defensive guy especially with the QB situation the way it is right now.

I wouldn't think the Eagles possibly go for a defensive minded HC either but Lurie seems to be interviewing a lot of defensive minded coaches this go around so I'm not so sure anymore. 

I think your trio of coaches you listed though are probably the most likely. 

19 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Doug was an up and coming coach? Who else interviewed him? Was he not the last coach to be hired in 2016? KC fans were crucifying him for his terrible play calling at the end of games. Yes, Andy Reid did give him some play calling responsibilities in certain situations.

Thats right, getting passed over means you are not able to do the job. Maybe Mike Groh aligned more to what Doug pederson wanted to do. Maybe Press Taylor aligned with what Pederson wanted to do. 

LOL keep trying, dude. You will get better at constructive arguments someday.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

LOL keep trying, dude. You will get better at constructive arguments someday.

Thanks! One day I wish to be like you LMAO

21 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Thanks! One day I wish to be like you LMAO

Probably should aim higher, but sure.

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Probably should aim higher, but sure.

Cant get any higher than knowing everything, I think.🤓

Kellen Moore in the mix. If there’s any chance the guys on the hope list would have a problem taking orders from Howie you might want to remove them from the list OP.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kellen Moore in the mix. If there’s any chance the guys on the hope list would have a problem taking orders from Howie you might want to remove them from the list OP.

If anyone in the Eagles organization other than the short order cook at the Linc is taking orders from Howie the Eagles are doomed.   

Scrub franchise like Jags get Meyer but we are talking about Kafka and Moore smh

39 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If anyone in the Eagles organization other than the short order cook at the Linc is taking orders from Howie the Eagles are doomed.   

what do you think is going to happen with Duce? He would just have to go along with it. they are going to pick his OC, DC, they will only let him pick his RB coach!

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is a list of wants, not most probables

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Well it worked for a little while with Doug, but then he grew a spine so he had to go.

As much as everyone hated Chip Kelly, the man was onto something about Howie Roseman. He knew Roseman was a huge cancer, hence he cut it off and had him out of the building. Also the sport science stuff was good also as the players never got injured like this, if only Kelly had a bit of emotional Intelligence...

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This is a list of wants, not most probables

So in other words this is something you mail to Santa Clause? 

34 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

As much as everyone hates Chip Kelly, the man was onto something about Howie Roseman. He knew Roseman was a huge cancer, hence he cut it off and had him out of the building. Also the sport science stuff was good also as the players never got injured like this, if only Kelly had a bit of emotional Intelligence...

Starting to believe this is learning how to deal with Howie’s crap and not make a big deal about it. 

12 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

The stats are deceving. Cowboys offense litterally get most of thier yards and points in garbage time. What am I missing?

What garbage time are you considering? There was one game where they had like 5 turnovers in the 1st quarter....that’s Moore’s fault?

3 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Scrub franchise like Jags get Meyer but we are talking about Kafka and Moore smh

And the first losing season the Jags have Urban will resign with "health issues"

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So in other words this is something you mail to Santa Clause? 

Basically. 

There goes Saleh. That's a real shame that. I guess we will see all the top candidates go and we will end up with someone else. Lurie will point to the Doug hire as some form of justification but let's be honest that was a lot of luck. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There goes Saleh. That's a real shame that. I guess we will see all the top candidates go and we will end up with someone else. Lurie will point to the Doug hire as some form of justification but let's be honest that was a lot of luck. 

I definitely don't expect anyone that would not raised any polemics about his competency for the job...but I still hope it will  turn out to be a HC capable of building solid D in the first place...really aside of situational OLine investment screw the offense until Wentz cap lowers...

Archived