Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, jblah said:

its always a no until its a yes. you only have 32 teams in the NFL. if you want to coach against the best, you only have 32 options. 

We will see how this all plays out. 

Who comes to Philly given their QB situation and salary cap situation?  Guessing Duce, hope it works out like that pickle juice game in Dallas.  

Geoff Mosher made a good point on his podcast that he finds it interesting that Lincoln Riley hasn’t publicly come out to say he isn’t leaving after the reports came out about the Eagles having a conversation with him. Mosher made it sound like it may still be on the table. 

It does seem like there’s continued smoke around Riley with no concrete reports shutting the door on it. 

54 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm hoping for Daboll. There's no question about how he has helped Allen and has turned that offense into one of the more creative offenses in the League.  I don't know if the plan is to keep Wentz or not, but either way Daboll will get more out of Wentz and Hurts.  I can't see a college coach being lured to Philly when they are already getting paid big money and have more job security.

Exactly, If I were the head coach of a successful big-school football program, I'd think twice about moving to the NFL.  I guess it depends on the coach but the only downside  I've heard about college coaching is having to do recruiting. There are a good number of long tenured college coaches and those guys get paid pretty well, I'd imagine on a par with the NFL or better. Two NFL coaches don't have to worry about job security, Andy and Belichick, maybe Payton. The others it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. Just ask Doug.

45 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

His "dream" is to coach the cowboys. Why should we even want him?

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

You need to watch their system...WRs routes and playcalling.  Trust me he knows what he is doing. That offense is very creative. It's not just about Allen's progress.

I agree. It’s not just the Allen improvement for me. I see creativity with motions, routes, etc when I watch the Bills. And they’re by far my most watched team this year after the Birds. 

I watched Luries press conference way more closely again today. I will tell you this much... even Howie has had to take shots for some of Lurie's meddling. Jeffery Lurie is way more Jerry Jones than anyone believes. The last few years, Jeffry Lurie has been heavily involved in personnel decisions, to the point where Howie even looks bad because of some of the forced choices he demanded. And Howie, for whatever reason (job security?) takes those bullets and then blames the coach, or even himself "missing" one a pick. Jeffry is really screwing things up badly, and getting worse ever passing year. That's one reason he spoke so glowingly of Howie. Howie takes Lurie's bullets like a good little soldier. Because anyone in their right mind would not speak of Howie like that. Jeff, age has caught up to you... feel like selling the team and buying yourself a small island to go live on? Please?

PS- I am NOT giving Howie a pass here. I wish he would have been fired along with Doug. 

19 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Lurie playing 4D chess:

• Hire Riley
  • Trade Wentz
  • Riley & Hurts fail
  • Eagles tank and get more draft picks
  • Fire Riley, he'll never want to coach on the NFL again 
  • Cowboys never get Riley

Muah ha ha ha!

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Lurie playing 4D chess:

• Hire Riley
  • Trade Wentz
  • Riley & Hurts fail
  • Eagles tank and get more draft picks
  • Fire Riley, he'll never want to coach on the NFL again 
  • Cowboys never get Riley

Muah ha ha ha!

You forgot the most key part of that plan.  Just as Riley wants personnel control to help fix the team, Lurie pulls the plug and saves Howie yet again!

Eagles will hire Duce as Head Coach, Jerod Mayo as DC, and Bill Callahan will be the Offensive Coordinator. 

As a result of recent drafts and decision making by the Eagles, they will not make an obvious signing at HC and will likely hire another head scratcher.

Us as fans will either: purely slander them for their incompetence, or do our best to justify their decision and pull whatever straws we can to make it seem somewhat rational.

6 minutes ago, mihailo said:

As a result of recent drafts and decision making by the Eagles, they will not make an obvious signing at HC and will likely hire another head scratcher.

Us as fans will either: purely slander them for their incompetence, or do our best to justify their decision and pull whatever straws we can to make it seem somewhat rational.

The last head scratcher brought us.....

image.png

1 hour ago, Mr_Philly said:

The last head scratcher brought us.....

image.png

The last head scratcher at HC, yes, but since then there have been an abundance of head scratchers. i.e. Reagor, Arcega-Whiteside, Hurts, etc. 

50 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Eagles will hire Duce as Head Coach, Jerod Mayo as DC, and Bill Callahan will be the Offensive Coordinator. 

God I hope not with bill callahan he blows. 

2 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

God I hope not I want to win games 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

🤷‍♂️ i kinda wanna poach andy reids guy. Maybe the Bills coordinator.

They request interviews for Kellen Moore whose offense has been straight trash? Wth is going on here?

8 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

They request interviews for Kellen Moore whose offense has been straight trash? Wth is going on here?

smokescreen 🙂

3 minutes ago, jblah said:

smokescreen 🙂

I hope it is just to piss off Jerry Jones with no intention of hiring him

26 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I hope it is just to piss off Jerry Jones with no intention of hiring him

Or get as much information about what they are doing on offense.

Odd how there are this many openings and not a single coach hired yet by any team.  Even if Meyer signs with Jacksonville I'm not even sure that will be the first domino to setoff other teams hiring guys since he isn't considering any other teams. 

Archived