Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

Whoever it is, I just hope they promote Press Taylor to OC. He has a good working relationship with Wentz and I think he is ready to make the next step...

...out the door.  Is this about Wentz or finding & instilling a potent offensive identity? Press Taylor could likely be one of the factors for coach Doug’s ouster as the HC.  

Duce might end up being the HC by default given how we are kind of late to the party in terms of interviewing coaches. Robert Saleh already got his 2nd Jets interview. Arthur Smith already got a few interviews down. Todd Bowles doesn't seem like a likely choice but takes care of the requirement of 2 external minority HC candidates (with Saleh being the first) based on the new Rooney Rule. 

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Duce might end up being the HC by default given how we are kind of late to the party in terms of interviewing coaches. Robert Saleh already got his 2nd Jets interview. Arthur Smith already got a few interviews down. Todd Bowles doesn't seem like a likely choice but takes care of the requirement of 2 external minority HC candidates (with Saleh being the first) based on the new Rooney Rule. 

They interviewed Doug after the AFCCG. They'll be alright.

6 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

Whoever it is, I just hope they promote Press Taylor to OC. He has a good working relationship with Wentz and I think he is ready to make the next step.

image.jpeg.14b6418ecc500a9e0dd5e2d75852a3b8.jpeg

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Rueben Frank blocked me on Twitter. I’m assuming he means Duce? Like you said, the offense has been a mess. They haven’t developed many offensive talents. Don’t see a reason to hire Duce other than "everyone likes him”.

5 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

That **** blocked me too

Roob's a Boob, I've never really liked him. NBC Sports Philly should have gotten rid of him and kept DGunn. 

4 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Press will be Doug's OC on whatever team hires Doug. 

Assuming one does.

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Press will be Doug's OC on whatever team hires Doug. 

That’s good. It means he won’t be here in any capacity. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes thank you I understood that. 

Teams can’t block HC opportunities, but asking permission anyway is at least respectful and can help maintain good relations going forward. 

Lurie leading the Head Coach search...All I see in my head is Lurie, followed closely by Howie, running around NovaCare at high speed while the Benny Hill theme song plays.

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Lurie leading the Head Coach search...All I see in my head is Lurie, followed closely by Howie, running around NovaCare at high speed while the Benny Hill theme song plays.

image.gif.e2182bec6abd5268c102af5905bccf7f.gif

Comes down to this: If they’re hell bent on keeping and trying to fix Wentz, Daboll. If they are moving Wentz and rolling with Hurts, then Riley. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

Comes down to this: If they’re hell bent on keeping and trying to fix Wentz, Daboll. If they are moving Wentz and rolling with Hurts, then Riley. 

Agree. Although would either of them come here? I have my doubts. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Teams can’t block HC opportunities, but asking permission anyway is at least respectful and can help maintain good relations going forward. 

Yeah that's sort of what I thought. We have requested permission because it is the respectful thing to do. 

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Assuming one does.

I don't know why one wouldn't.  He was extremely successful in his time here with a pretty bad roster that had the worst of injury luck for pretty much his entire tenure. 

53 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Apparently Jerod Mayo to be interviewed for our HC spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/13/report-jerod-mayo-is-expected-to-interview-for-eagles-head-coach/

Mayo is currently NE ILB coach.  This is definitely a curveball.  

Rooney rule. Most likely. Then again maybe they want to go the defensive route. 

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There are a surprising number of defensive coaches on the interview list.

Defensive coaches 😕

Never going to work outside of what Saban and Belicheat? Maybe Pete Carroll was one i can’t remember.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Apparently Jerod Mayo to be interviewed for our HC spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/13/report-jerod-mayo-is-expected-to-interview-for-eagles-head-coach/

Mayo is currently NE ILB coach.  This is definitely a curveball.  

I'm wondering if this is more a fact finding interview to see if he's ready to be HC while also getting familiar with him as a potential DC as well. 

1 hour ago, Usain23 said:

I'm wondering if this is more a fact finding interview to see if he's ready to be HC while also getting familiar with him as a potential DC as well. 

God I sure hope they don’t hire a DC before they hire a HC like they did with Schwartz and Pederson.  For the love of God hire a HC and let him fill out his staff.  So tired of the convoluted way this organization conducts business.  

Jerod Mayo is now a candidate. One thing seems true to me and that it will not be Duce or Bienemy, cause if it were they wouldn’t be doing this Rooney Rule carousel. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

people said that about Bowles.  They're interviewing 3 minority coaches so far, plus Duce will get an interview making it 4.

Can we stop this dumb narrative now?  Lurie hired a black HC before the Rooney Rule and he is really into racial justice.  He said it was "top of his mind" to interview minority candidates.  Think about that what you want, but he's definitely not just checking a box for the Rooney Rule.  If anything, he's taking it to another level making sure to interview more minority coaches.

Archived