Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

Supposedly Riley is out of the search, he's staying at Oklahoma. 

well there goes the GM and Owner not telling the coach who to hire.

On 1/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Doesn’t matter. You are going to see the Eagles hire the least favorite option. 

Exactly and no one is on this list

18 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

Supposedly Riley is out of the search, he's staying at Oklahoma. 

Well there you have. He'll be our new Chip Kelly! 

5 hours ago, Usain23 said:

I'm wondering if this is more a fact finding interview to see if he's ready to be HC while also getting familiar with him as a potential DC as well. 

That would make better sense although Andy was never a coordinator, was he?

19 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Duce didn't have the leadership to help Doug improve the offense and people are like yeah let him drive. Why? Cause fanboys...players friends with him don't matter to me. He is way down the list as he should be.

I wonder if the enchantment with Duce is that he would RUN THE BALL or so they think.

3 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Robert Saleh left the second Jets interview without a deal. Does that mean anything?

Has to mean something. Rare for guys to leave a 2nd interview with not committing. 

Douglas has his future riding on this hire as well, he can't screw it up. 

I just don't think defensive coaches attract many GM's anymore. 

19 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Robert Saleh left the second Jets interview without a deal. Does that mean anything?

Maybe it has more to do with their interest shifting to Doug?  He and Douglas supposedly have a good relationship.  

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

Apparently he’s on his way to Philly for interview today. 

12 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

I think even though doesn't have head coach experience, Robert Saleh would be good fit.

Lurie has never hired a HC with NFL HC experience.  

The most reasonable option for me is Def HC and focus most of our draft resources to build solid D and here and there spend a pick on the O line for next 2 years and competent OC to offensively survive next two years somehow...

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

People truly forget that fact. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think the Panthers did much better on offense last season then expected when you consider that McCaffery was out most of the year and I honestly don't think very highly of Check Down Teddy at QB. 

Yes, true.  Perhaps a mediocre offense without McCaffery and with Teddy is truely an accomplishment.  If we were to hire him and bring in some offensive help at 6, this could be a great offense next year.  

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

probably why lurie and howie tells them how to do their job. 

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

Well there you have. He'll be our new Chip Kelly! 

What he changes his mind last second

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He apparently already turned them down. Then  again so did Chip Kelly.

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He apparently already turned them down. Then  again so did Chip Kelly.

its always a no until its a yes. you only have 32 teams in the NFL. if you want to coach against the best, you only have 32 options. 

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Yes, true.  Perhaps a mediocre offense without McCaffery and with Teddy is truely an accomplishment.  If we were to hire him and bring in some offensive help at 6, this could be a great offense next year.  

I think if we hire Joe Brady that we sign someone like Norv Turner at OC.  A very experienced former HC who has been around the block.  Plus Norv was on that Panthers coaching staff last season with Brady so it is a natural fit to bring him in as OC.  

I'm hoping for Daboll. There's no question about how he has helped Allen and has turned that offense into one of the more creative offenses in the League.  I don't know if the plan is to keep Wentz or not, but either way Daboll will get more out of Wentz and Hurts.  I can't see a college coach being lured to Philly when they are already getting paid big money and have more job security.

I’m wary of Daboll. I think he’s been given a little too much credit for Allen’s progress when Allen’s been working with QB guru coach Jordan Palmer during the offseason.

2 minutes ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

I’m wary of Daboll. I think he’s been given a little too much credit for Allen’s progress when Allen’s been working with QB guru coach Jordan Palmer during the offseason.

You need to watch their system...WRs routes and playcalling.  Trust me he knows what he is doing. That offense is very creative. It's not just about Allen's progress.

Archived