Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

as important as this hire is...  it pales in comparison to who his staff is gonna be.  football is of course a team sport and the hc does not do it on his own.  looking to see how the coaching staff fills out.

p.s.

bonus points if wentz absolutely HATES his new qb coach.  no more buddy buddy for him.

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Links to those accounts?

There was a couple tweets about it from reporters. Take it with the grain of salt they deserve. 

1 hour ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Links to those accounts?

There were several, but these are just a couple...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

There were severao, but these are just a couple...

Two of the crappiest sources in the Philly sports scene.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Still not on website. :unsure:

I still haven't received the notification from the Eagles app either lol

I got a notification from the NFL saying "PHI expected to hire Sirianni"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Do you think the colts wr coach will be a good OC? 

If the Texans don't hire Biennemy, I'd like to see Kafka as OC

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That takes a while, but SalPal, FWIW, said Howie told him it was Sirianni.  Doubt very much he pulls a Josh McDaniels or Frank Gore.

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Still not on website. :unsure:

They're always late on news.

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

That takes a while, but SalPal, FWIW, said Howie told him it was Sirianni.  Doubt very much he pulls a Josh McDaniels or Frank Gore.

I got a notification about Doug getting fired pretty quickly IIRC

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They won't make an official announcement until the I's are dotted, the T's crossed and the ink is dry. Besides that they need to make sure Sirianni knows exactly what to say at the press conference. They may even want to wait until Nick's Wentz fathead wall sticker get delivered.

24 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

Thanks for doing the work I was too lazy to do. 

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Howie by all  accounts was the McDaniels advocate. 

Could this hiring of Nick be the first sign of Howie's power starting to slip? 

Sirianni being the guy feels like a Jeff Lurie hire to get his very expensive QB back on track.

Thanks for posting those Twitter messages - that is what I was looking for.  Kind of underwhelming evidence, but it is what it is.

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Howie by all  accounts was the McDaniels advocate. 

Hahaha- you believe that? Howie FEARS strong men who will fight him tooth and nail. The press has you believe it was LURIE who wasn't sure. The truth is more like Lurie wanted him, but Howie weaseled his way out of having a strong man over him again and talked Lurie out of it. Think about it. The media is full of shi*. 

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

Could this hiring of Nick be the first sign of Howie's power starting to slip? 

I doubt it.  Lurie said in his press conference after parting ways with Pederson that it is Lurie that runs the head coaching searches.  It is and always has been Lurie's decision to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Perhaps Burke the D line coach, they continue to be a solid unit and were among the league leaders in sacks.

Wonder if that trend will continue when not employing the wide 9.

32 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

The best part of this hire might be that Howie didn’t get his way. The worst part might be Wentz and Lurie on the same page. First sign of some tough coaching I wonder what happens. 🤔 

Another former OC who didn't call plays. I wonder what he's going to want to do.

49 minutes ago, Procus said:

What makes you think the HC and Howie aren't on the same page with this.  One of the things the team was impressed with was Sirianni's choices for his staff.

Note aside - the staff that the FO assembled for Dougie won a SB.  Dougie dropped the ball in replacing coaches who were poached by other teams.

Suuuurrrreeee. They hired a young, unknown puppet they can do as the wish with. Howie was afraid of a strong man like mcDaniel. Period. He isn't afraid of their new soft hire. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The best part of this hire might be that Howie didn’t get his way. The worst part might be Wentz and Lurie on the same page. First sign of some tough coaching I wonder what happens. 🤔 

That just means that Howie will probably work to undermine the guy. 

54 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

By all accounts I've seen, Howie wanted McDaniels, but Lurie wasn't sold on him.  

They had it backward. Think about it. Lurie was ok with it, but Howie talked him out of it because McDaniel is a strong man/strong personality and wanted some control. Howie FEARS kind of man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

I doubt it.  Lurie said in his press conference after parting ways with Pederson that it is Lurie that runs the head coaching searches.  It is and always has been Lurie's decision to make.

I was going off the assumption that Howie was the driving force behind McDaniels. 

However now that I think about it, didn't Lurie try to buy the Pats and is from around that area?

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

He might bring in his dad and two brothers, he comes from a coaching family, all have done well, one brother has a .812 winning percentage.

As for Nick, seems as though he was a standout WR at Mount Union, they won 3 Division 3 titles when he was there. 

I guess they don't have Italians in Virginia, do they?  Why don't you make the trek up to South Philly and tell a few of the locals there that joke.

13 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

That just means that Howie will probably work to undermine the guy. 

All Howie has to do is just keep drafting the way he does and this coach is in trouble. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1