Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

I guess they don't have Italians in Virginia, do they?  Why don't you make the trek up to South Philly and tell a few of the locals there that joke.

huh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t hate this. Definitely curious to see what he can do. Thrilled it’s not a Reid tree hire. 

I guess you missed the multiple seasons with the chiefs,  chief.

1 minute ago, CountBlah said:

I guess you missed the multiple seasons with the chiefs,  chief.

he coached with KC before Reid was hired there

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

he coached with KC before Reid was hired there

So he did.  Missed it by 1 season.

Post-Gazette: Wolf Budget with Severance Tax "a Miss…Utter ...

I stand corrected.

But I was more interested in doing that 'chiefs, chief' thing.  So I hope you understand my exuberance

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Check out the video embedded in this link.  Dan Orlovsky said his sources called Sirianni the steal coaching hire of this cycle (even if Jeff McLane said he's smart but not super smart)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30753841/philadelphia-eagles-hiring-nick-sirianni-head-coach-sources-say

Hmmm...wasn't Orlovsky also the guy who almost went down with the SS Wentz-Titanic? Praising him and against benching him even when he was terrible? 

Not sure I listen to Dan anymore.

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm meh. Wasn't either of the HC's I wanted. I'm just happy it wasn't McDaniels

Extremely curious what his staff will look like

Who did you want?

I'm just glad it wast McDaniels or the guy in Dallass.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

So he did.  Missed it by 1 season.

Post-Gazette: Wolf Budget with Severance Tax "a Miss…Utter ...

I stand corrected.

But I was more interested in doing that 'chiefs, chief' thing.  So I hope you understand my exuberance

Forgiven. :lol: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

All Howie has to do is just keep drafting the way he does and any coach is in trouble. 

This is more like it. :ph34r:

Seriously, I am more concerned with the drafting and fitness staff than the coaches calling the plays. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Procus said:

I guess they don't have Italians in Virginia, do they?  Why don't you make the trek up to South Philly and tell a few of the locals there that joke.

You're quoting @EagleVA stating something factual while quoting @ShutDownDB posting a picture from the Sopranos. 

Nick DOES have a brother who coaches at WAJ. His name is Mike. Was lucky enough to send him some of my players back in the day. I do not know Nick at all. He did play at Mount Union though. Why are you mad at EagleVA here? Completely confused here man. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Who did you want?

I'm just glad it wast McDaniels or the guy in Dallass.

Bieniemy or Daboll

I don't hate or dislike the hire though. A lot depends on staff though

59 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Could this hiring of Nick be the first sign of Howie's power starting to slip? 

Sirianni being the guy feels like a Jeff Lurie hire to get his very expensive QB back on track.

Nah. Jeff has always said he runs HC searches. 

58 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Hahaha- you believe that? Howie FEARS strong men who will fight him tooth and nail. The press has you believe it was LURIE who wasn't sure. The truth is more like Lurie wanted him, but Howie weaseled his way out of having a strong man over him again and talked Lurie out of it. Think about it. The media is full of shi*. 

You gonna start HAnon?  You sound a little tinfoil hat there. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Another un named "source". How do you know that's not coming from someone like McDaniels? If you want your "analysis" taken seriously put your name on it. 

How many the Negadelphia Media "source" stories were pure bullshi* in 2020? A TON of them. They lost all credibility. They can't be believed at all. They have destroyed what used to be a key- trust between writer/reporters and the readers. Zero trust  equals zero credibility. There are only a few who back themselves up with real stories and reports. Very few.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Nah. Jeff has always said he runs HC searches. 

You gonna start HAnon?  You sound a little tinfoil hat there. 

You say "tinfoil hat" just because you don't understand a person who see's through the BS spouted by the media. You can't see through the garbage they throw out there and can't apply critical thinking or pure logic. That's fine. That's you. I can and do. The line of work I am in forces critical thinking, being able to see beyond smoke screens and BS,  and applying logic, to come to knowledge of the truth. I know what I know. The hat I wear is knowledge, discernment and the ability to see through the BS. It's a detective's hat.

You might want to start a WBBA, though... We Believe Bullshi* Anonymous. "Hi, my name is Outlaw, and I am a believer in bullshi*." *Room- "Hi, Outlaw!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You say "tinfoil hat" just because you don't understand a person who see's through the BS spouted by the media. You can't see through the garbage they throw out there and can't apply critical thinking or pure logic. That's fine. That's you. I can and do. The line of work I am in forces critical thinking, being able to see beyond smoke screens and BS,  and applying logic, to come to knowledge of the truth. I know what I know. The hat I wear is knowledge, discernment and the ability to see through the BS. It's a detective's hat.

You might want to start a WBBA, though... We Believe Bullshi* Anonymous. "Hi, my name is Outlaw, and I am a believer in bullshi*." *Room- "Hi, Outlaw!"

Lol. I gotta party with you bro. Can only imagine the stuff you’ll say with a few drinks and maybe a toke or two in you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Like @stinkfist said you meant to quote me. For the record I'm Italian but from South Jersey. Does that meet your qualifications to post a Sopranos picture?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

Was he doing even on our HC poll? 

No. His name came up late in the process. 

37 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Like @stinkfist said you meant to quote me. For the record I'm Italian but from South Jersey. Does that meet your qualifications to post a Sopranos picture?

Prove it.  What time in the morning did your grandmother get up to make a gravy?

Wait, who? Sriracha??? The Eagles are a hot mess. He's just going to be a couple year fall guy until they (hopefully) straighten this thing out. Who else would take the job?

9 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Wait, who? Sriracha??? The Eagles are a hot mess. He's just going to be a couple year fall guy until they (hopefully) straighten this thing out. Who else would take the job?

I read stuff like this and think I should figure out a way to develop a website where people have to put their money where their mouth is. A couple of years...I'll take the over!