Ertz trade talk

DBW

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Extend Goeddert.

Release Ertz or trade him for whatever.

The Eagles are not going to release him or trade him for whatever. It appears they have already rejected whatever type trades. If they get a trade offer that makes sense they will trade him but that has not happened as of yet and I doubt it will before camp.

Issue extension offers with a deadline.

If neither extend, the Eagles should cut both tight ends.

That would get some flexibility with their cap.

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

As I understand it deadline for opt out has passed and nobody did opt out. I think if they do the contract would roll over, so it wouldn’t help Ertz, but it sounds like we don’t need to worry about it.

Correct.  The deadline for COVID opt-outs was last Friday.  

Ertz wanted a new deal and didn't get one. The Eagles wanted to save $8.5 million in cap space but can't find a trade partner.  Both sides misread the market so it's time to shake hands and move forward. 

17 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Ertz is expected to return for Training Camp.

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/zach-ertz-training-camp-report/

Spadaro appeared on Fantasy Sports Radio on SiriusXM where he discussed Ertz’s complicated situation in Philly. He believes the 30-year-old veteran will be "one of the players reporting” on July 27, adding that "we’ll see how it plays out” once he gets there. So what does that mean? In the best-case scenario, Ertz sits down with general manager Howie Roseman and the two work out a new contract...

Or Ertz shows up simply to avoid the hefty financial burden and free-agency implications. According to Pro Football Talk, the fine for skipping training camp is $50,000 per day and the loss of an accrued season toward free agency. Unless Ertz has an "opt-out silver bullet” in his current deal, similar to what Aaron Rodgers might use. Stay tuned.

A new deal for Ertz would be the most Howie thing possible.  Throw some more money at at old banged up player in decline.   That is not even close to a" best case scenario"

5 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

The Eagles are not going to release him or trade him for whatever. It appears they have already rejected whatever type trades. If they get a trade offer that makes sense they will trade him but that has not happened as of yet and I doubt it will before camp.

You're assuming that they have received a trade offer for him.  All we have are the Howie Special of reports of team interest but I don't recall reading a single report about the Eagles rejecting an offer that another team has actually made.  I read a lot though about how teams around the league feel the Eagles are going to have to just release him eventually so they are sitting by waiting. 

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Issue extension offers with a deadline.

If neither extend, the Eagles should cut both tight ends.

That would get some flexibility with their cap.

Release Goedert? Now I've read it all here. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're assuming that they have received a trade offer for him.  All we have are the Howie Special of reports of team interest but I don't recall reading a single report about the Eagles rejecting an offer that another team has actually made.  I read a lot though about how teams around the league feel the Eagles are going to have to just release him eventually so they are sitting by waiting. 

Not assuming. It comes from the article which states that Eagles aren't going to just give him away. So if there was a low ball offer that was rejected, I highly doubt it would be reported. 

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Release Goedert? Now I've read it all here. 

Yeah, maybe a little over the top.

He's not expensive this year at like $1.7mil.

But, he thinks he deserves too much money.

Trade him before the deadline or just let him walk.

Can't pay tight ends $12-13mil per year.

18 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Yeah, maybe a little over the top.

He's not expensive this year at like $1.7mil.

But, he thinks he deserves too much money.

Trade him before the deadline or just let him walk.

Can't pay tight ends $12-13mil per year.

I agree, I wouldn't do anythig with Goedert until it's neccesary, he needs to show some improvement this year because he hasn't developed into a top tier TE, IMO  based on last year's performance Richard Rodgers is the best TE on the team.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I agree, I wouldn't do anythig with Goedert until it's neccesary, he needs to show some improvement this year because he hasn't developed into a top tier TE, IMO  based on last year's performance Richard Rodgers is the best TE on the team.

Goedert: 11 games played. 46 receptions. 524 yards. 3 TDs.

Rodgers: 14 games played. 24 receptions. 345 yards. 2 TDS.

Ertz: 11 games played. 36 receptions. 335 yards. 1 TD

What about last years performance makes you think Rodgers is the best TE on the team?

15 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

What about last years performance makes you think Rodgers is the best TE on the team?

What are the snaps played vs games played?  I feel like Rodgers made more of his opportunities than Goedert 

On 7/7/2021 at 5:12 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Don't accrued seasons only affect free agency up to 4 years anyway?  Or do they mean he wouldn't be classed as having fulfilled the last year of his contract?  Because that sounds like a huge legal argument in the making

If he doesn't report at all, then the contract tolls. He has to show up at some point to fulfill the contract. I think it used to be by week 10.

1 hour ago, What The F said:

What are the snaps played vs games played?  I feel like Rodgers made more of his opportunities than Goedert 

Goedert: 604 snaps. 46 receptions. Catch every 13.13 snaps.

Rodgers: 274 snaps. 24 receptions. Catch every 11.42 snaps.

The snaps number is a bit skewed though because Goedert was in the game way more than Rodgers during running plays.

Out of 14 games Rodgers played in he only had a catch in 8 of them. Also a 4th of his production came in week 7 against the Giants.

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Becasue it seemed to me that Rodgers' catches were always big catches that kept the chains moving.

Goedert had hands issues last year, there were too many catchable balls that he didn't cme down with.

Ertz' stats are a perfect example of how they don't tell the whole story, he didn't do jack last year.

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Goedert: 604 snaps. 46 receptions. Catch every 13.13 snaps.

Rodgers: 274 snaps. 24 receptions. Catch every 11.42 snaps.

The snaps number is a bit skewed though because Goedert was in the game way more than Rodgers during running plays.

Out of 14 games Rodgers played in he only had a catch in 8 of them. Also a 4th of his production came in week 7 against the Giants.

36 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Becasue it seemed to me that Rodgers' catches were always big catches that kept the chains moving.

Goedert had hands issues last year, there were too many catchable balls that he didn't cme down with.

Ertz' stats are a perfect example of how they don't tell the whole story, he didn't do jack last year.

I'm definitely not getting rid of Goedert, but for me either he needs to take a bit of a discount on not having done it over a full season yet, or we let him prove it this year and franchise him if necessary.

His blocking is far superior to Ertz or Rodgers, so he won't always be running routes. Last year the offense was a complete mess, but I feel good about Goedert establishing himself as a top 5 TE this year.

Just a thought: NE has a WR (Harry?) who wants to be traded and that team loves TE and know how to use them.  Could a trade be worked out between them?  We may have to throw in something extra to sweeten the deal.  It could be good for both teams if the costs are right.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Rodgers yards per catch: 14.4

Goedert: 11.4

Your argument about moving chains doesn’t make sense.

Goedert dropped 3 passes last season. You act like he dropped 10-20.

Ertz did pretty much the same as Rodgers so they both did jack.

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Rodgers yards per catch: 14.4

Goedert: 11.4

Your argument about moving chains doesn’t make sense.

Goedert dropped 3 passes last season. You act like he dropped 10-20.

Ertz did pretty much the same as Rodgers so they both did jack.

I did say IMO, that opinion was based on the eye test, not stats.

Besides, 14.4 YPC is more likely to move the chains than 11.4 so I don't know why my statement didn't make sense to you, keeping in mind that you must take into account of situations like 3rd and 12+ which I'm sure we saw a good share of.

All I know is I found myself saying damn good catch Rodgers on munerous occasions but ever for the other two. 

If we went into the season with Goedert and Rodgers as TE1 and 2 with the project guys at 3 and 4 I could live with that. Ertz isn't worth his salary to play like he did last year and clearly his pissiness at the contract situation hasn't gotten better over the off season.

A few months ago, I thought the Eagles were treating 2021 as a rebuilding season.  If they are, they aren't treating it as a throwaway season.  I think if the brass thinks having Ertz on the team this year helps the team, he stays unless a good trade offer presents itself.  We all saw what happened with the Sam Bradford trade.

4 hours ago, Procus said:

A few months ago, I thought the Eagles were treating 2021 as a rebuilding season.  If they are, they aren't treating it as a throwaway season.  I think if the brass thinks having Ertz on the team this year helps the team, he stays unless a good trade offer presents itself.  We all saw what happened with the Sam Bradford trade.

I think the history of this team under Howie and Lurie shows us that they won't fully commit to a rebuild. And in this division they definitely won't with the state of play right now. And hey I think that's OK. This team can't commit to the rebuild fully because they have to play to win. 

On 7/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, jsdarkstar said:

The Eagles obviously still believe that Ertz is still talented and they’re probably thinking they could get better than what they are being offered if they simply play out the season and let Ertz walk and they get a comp pick. I’m also wondering if they might be trying to lay down some law after all of the Wentz stuff. I don’t think they want to keep rewarding players who are attempting to whine their way out of town. It sets a bad precedent.  

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles obviously still believe that Ertz is still talented and they’re probably thinking they could get better than what they are being offered if they simply play out the season and let Ertz walk and they get a comp pick. I’m also wondering if they might be trying to lay down some law after all of the Wentz stuff. I don’t think they want to keep rewarding players who are attempting to whine their way out of town. It sets a bad precedent.  

Other then that scuffle between Howie and Ertz, Ertz hasn't said a damn thing and I refuse to believe he played like sheet on purpose. 

I agree it's time for him to go and I hope they can get as much as they can for him but, I'll give Ertz the benefit of the doubt on this past season. The whole damn thing was a train wreck.

Everyone mostly agrees that Howie is a weasel, a liar and sucks at his job, so it's suprising when fans get pissed at players that have it out with Howie and don't want to play here anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Other then that scuffle between Howie and Ertz, Ertz hasn't said a damn thing and I refuse to believe he played like sheet on purpose. 

I agree it's time for him to go and I hope they can get as much as they can for him but, I'll give Ertz the benefit of the doubt on this past season. The whole damn thing was a train wreck.

Everyone mostly agrees that Howie is a weasel, a liar and sucks at his job, so it's suprising when fans get pissed at players that have it out with Howie and don't want to play here anymore. 

Ertz did request a trade and was allowed to even seek out one, but whatever the other teams are offering the Eagles don’t think it’s enough. Teams are trying to get Ertz for little to nothing. Now I’m not sure if the Eagles are overvaluing Errz, but I do know it is in his best interest to play as well as he can if he wants another big contract. Also as we get closer to the season and even before the trade deadline teams could become more willing to make a move for Ertz. I’m very critical of Roseman, but I don’t have a problem with how he’s handling this situation unless he simply releases the guy for nothing, because then all of this was a waste of time.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ertz did request a trade and was allowed to even seek out one, but whatever the other teams are offering the Eagles don’t think it’s enough. Teams are trying to get Ertz for little to nothing. Now I’m not sure if the Eagles are overvaluing Errz, but I do know it is in his best interest to play as well as he can if he wants another big contract. Also as we get closer to the season and even before the trade deadline teams could become more willing to make a move for Ertz. I’m very critical of Roseman, but I don’t have a problem with how he’s handling this situation unless he simply releases the guy for nothing, because then all of this was a waste of time.

I know and I understand the situation and I'm all for getting what we can out of or for Ertz. I'll defend the season I he had though for a lot of reasons..... I came around on Wentz you won't get me to turn on Ertz you ****!!! Lol 

Archived