Ertz trade talk

DBW

I told you guys years ago that they should trade Ertz and we all know how well that went over, now that he's not worth a damn the same clowns that gave me a hard time about my trade Ertz suggestion think they're going to get a 3rd for him.

Thanks for the memories Zach, but we need to make room for Kyle Pitts. 

I said from the beginning of the offseason, Ertz would be our first official consequence of this cap mess.

Teams know we need to shed his salary, so they won't trade for him.  If they could afford it, they could have kept him in 2021 and collected a comp pick.

Instead, he will be released for nothing, thanks to our cap situation.

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I said from the beginning of the offseason, Ertz would be our first official consequence of this cap mess.

Teams know we need to shed his salary, so they won't trade for him.  If they could afford it, they could have kept him in 2021 and collected a comp pick.

Instead, he will be released for nothing, thanks to our cap situation.

Too many cut Tight ends on the market. There is no reason for the other team to trade. Eagles can not afford him...and most likely will end up cutting him...unless Howie finds some extra cash. Right now we are 25 mil over the cap.

14 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Too many cut Tight ends on the market. There is no reason for the other team to trade. Eagles can not afford him...and most likely will end up cutting him...unless Howie finds some extra cash. Right now we are 25 mil over the cap.

Do you see anyway they find a chunk of that $25million dollars by next week without cutting Barnett?  I think Maddox and Goodwin are gone too, but that still leaves us $10million short, beyond that we've got a lot of Vet minimum that you can't make savings on because you've gotta pay other guys minimum.

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Do you see anyway they find a chunk of that $25million dollars by next week without cutting Barnett?  I think Maddox and Goodwin are gone too, but that still leaves us $10million short, beyond that we've got a lot of Vet minimum that you can't make savings on because you've gotta pay other guys minimum.

Over the cap shows that we are only 17.5 mil over??? I need to clarify this. (Yesterday a reporter said that we are 25 mil over the cap.) Eagles were shopping Brooks around and that is 2.3 mil savings if they do trade him. Maddox is 2.2 mil savings. Goodwin 4.28 mil. Ertz and Barnett is 15 mil savings. So either we are getting close , or we are still short? The point is...we are close. I know you hate restructuring..But for example they can always approach Cox and Boom they are balanced. They could also cut Whiteside..that is another 540K. And they have some more room $$$ cutting some lower players. Looks good.

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Over the cap shows that we are only 17.5 mil over??? I need to clarify this. (Yesterday a reporter said that we are 25 mil over the cap.) Eagles were shopping Brooks around and that is 2.3 mil savings if they do trade him. Maddox is 2.2 mil savings. Goodwin 4.28 mil. Ertz and Barnett is 15 mil savings. So either we are getting close , or we are still short? The point is...we are close. I know you hate restructuring..But for example they can always approach Cox and Boom they are balanced. They could also cut Whiteside..that is another 540K. And they have some more room $$$ cutting some lower players. Looks good.

They just restructured Cox last year and used that savings to roll into this year. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They just restructured Cox last year and used that savings to roll into this year. 

They just did restructure Hargrave. We are close to the end of $$ manipulations. 

Malik Jackson and Jeffery are post june 1st designations......but they still show up on the over cap.  

Graham may restructure, Goodwin will be cut, Ertz traded or cut, and barnet could get a new short term deal.........still alot to do.......maybe even some surprises.

Guess they are waiting till the last minute to cut him.  Howie holding out hope someone wants to toss us a 6th for him

bd7ca49ddbdca6cfb07b86a854ca1ac1.gif

9 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Malik Jackson and Jeffery are post june 1st designations......but they still show up on the over cap.  

Graham may restructure, Goodwin will be cut, Ertz traded or cut, and barnet could get a new short term deal.........still alot to do.......maybe even some surprises.

Because they can not be designated post June 1 until the start of the league year, and part of the cap hit applies to 2021.

Imagine if Howie were truly smart and traded Ertz last season for a 2nd round pick.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, NOTW said:

Imagine if Howie were truly smart and traded Ertz last season for a 2nd round pick.

A 2nd would have been wishful thinking, you were more than likely look at a 5th/4th, maybe a 3rd if you could find a sucker.

On 3/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, EagleVA said:

I told you guys years ago that they should trade Ertz and we all know how well that went over, now that he's not worth a damn the same clowns that gave me a hard time about my trade Ertz suggestion think they're going to get a 3rd for him.

I was saying it last offseason after he came off a record setting year and still had two years left on his contract so he was probably at peak value.  A year later, he had a poor injury prone year, and he’s worth very little.  We could really use another high pick this year as we try to rebuild. 

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

A 2nd would have been wishful thinking, you were more than likely look at a 5th/4th, maybe a 3rd if you could find a sucker.

He was coming off a record setting year, considered one of the three best TEs in the league and had two years left on his contract. Seems like you’d get more than a 4th for him. 

1 hour ago, eggs said:

He was coming off a record setting year, considered one of the three best TEs in the league and had two years left on his contract. Seems like you’d get more than a 4th for him. 

There's film on the guy, everybody knows he's a catch and drop type of receiver, besides that so-called record setting year was the Wentz-to-Ertz bore.

Nevertheless, that was the time to trade him, unfortunately trading him probably never crossed the mind of dumbarse.

Apparently Mr. Ertz is growing impatient with inaction: https://sports.yahoo.com/pelissero-zach-ertz-growing-increasingly-182745473.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHcwOsc7Vh9y871KyfPkvCcHiRHsLKPRg6Pus2XxZUYhrXPUtkCL8a0aqIIXa8_J-T-cOFWGBbqZcUAm2zXyz9i1BQ0oQotkQmgNA6fvuR43a_9oU_g9cz7O2ZBWWlfqUieISqJN0Mn3bUUu6vYrIlwYUyfCfBwC_hHL6ngU9P7u

As much as I thank him for everything he did as an Eagle, I have to say that I hope his impatience reaches the level of the fans who had to watch his lame-a$$ effort last season. 

28 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Apparently Mr. Ertz is growing impatient with inaction: https://sports.yahoo.com/pelissero-zach-ertz-growing-increasingly-182745473.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHcwOsc7Vh9y871KyfPkvCcHiRHsLKPRg6Pus2XxZUYhrXPUtkCL8a0aqIIXa8_J-T-cOFWGBbqZcUAm2zXyz9i1BQ0oQotkQmgNA6fvuR43a_9oU_g9cz7O2ZBWWlfqUieISqJN0Mn3bUUu6vYrIlwYUyfCfBwC_hHL6ngU9P7u

As much as I thank him for everything he did as an Eagle, I have to say that I hope his impatience reaches the level of the fans who had to watch his lame-a$$ effort last season. 

After seeing how everything unfolded I don't blame anyone who didn't bother with playing last year. However, he was looking for a bigger contract and with how heart broken he was at the end of the season knowing his time was done here I have a hard time believing he played like that on purpose. 

Yeah that ties into my wondering about how much longer they plan on holding out hoping a team suddenly last minute decides that they want to trade a 7th round pick for him.  

Legal tampering period is tomorrow so that is basically the real start of free agency.  You would think the Eagles would at the least release him tomorrow to not screw him over even more.  Or do they really hold out until the 17th?  

My guess is that he is released within the next few hours or at the latest tomorrow morning.   

Aw zach is becoming impatient. Cry me a river. You don’t have to be traded or released. You could just honor your end of the contract.  Or you could sit out and get nothing. You’re choice.  What a cry Baby.  

5 minutes ago, DBW said:

Aw zach is becoming impatient. Cry me a river. You don’t have to be traded or released. You could just honor your end of the contract.  Or you could sit out and get nothing. You’re choice.  What a cry Baby.  

He was getting cut or traded no matter what. The eagles are going to cut him because their cap situation is garbage and they need to cut him to save money ... So the team isn't honoring the contract they gave him either. Goes both ways. 

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He was getting cut or traded no matter what. The eagles are going to cut him because their cap situation is garbage and they need to cut him to save money ... So the team isn't honoring the contract they gave him either. Goes both ways. 

Technically they are. They haven’t done anything to break the terms. Not like they wouldn’t play him if they could afford to keep him and for all anyone knows they could cut other players to make room to keep him, if they chose to.  Just because it’s presumed they will have to move the contract because of Twitter GMs doesn’t mean it has to happen.  He’s best just shutting up and letting it play out.  ****ing only hurts his chances of landing somewhere decent.  

Video says they're asking 3rd, maybe 4th and teams don't want to give that much.

Archived