Ertz trade talk

DBW

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They will Just cut him then

Most likely Ertz will be cut. Too many positions require filling, and no money to spend. Of course they can always force Ertz to stay..but there will be another unhappy camper in the locker room.

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz trade all over again. 

Yep.  Howie's game is up around the NFL.  People have him figured out.

The minute I started reading reports on how Eagles were going to trade Ertz within 'days' I knew trading him would be hard.......

Having said that, its best to hold onto Ertz till Eagles get some kind of compensation or that GM from Indianapolis will grab him, when Ertz is released.

Wentz and Colts manipulated the trade out of Philly to go to Indy, but screw letting Indy have their way on Ertz....

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  Howie's game is up around the NFL.  People have him figured out.

To be fair,  Bears would have paid, hadn't Wentz and his agent kept passing messages to Chicago that he didn't want to go there..

Bills drop out of the trade race.  They wont give up a third.  Hope zach didn’t sell his house yet. 

53 minutes ago, DBW said:

Bills drop out of the trade race.  They wont give up a third.  Hope zach didn’t sell his house yet. 

I hope the 3rd is just a starting point for Howie because that’s not going happen. Hopefully, he’s asking for 3rd but hoping for a 4th. 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

I don't think the Bills signing a backup TE puts an end to their potential interest in an Ertz trade.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't think the Bills signing a backup TE puts an end to their potential interest in an Ertz trade.  

The bills beat writer basically said they’re no longer interested.  Why can’t you comprehend these things?  It’s like, if someone doesn’t smack you in the face with a hot iron and stamp the words on your forehead, you can’t put 2 and 2 together.  

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I hope the 3rd is just a starting point for Howie because that’s not going happen. Hopefully, he’s asking for 3rd but hoping for a 4th. 

I don’t think he’s coming off of that.  It’s clear that he’s called teams and attempted to shop him and nobody is biting, at all. So he’s content to keep him here, and let him play it out.  Cutting or trading him only saves $4.75m off the cap and they don’t need to trade him.  IF he comes off a 3rd I would expect he wants a 4th and a 6th or something like that to sweeten the deal with the goal to package those picks on draft day and move up.  There’s just not rush to ship him out just because he’s bitter.  Tough crap buttercup. 

13 minutes ago, DBW said:

The bills beat writer basically said they’re no longer interested.  Why can’t you comprehend these things?  It’s like, if someone doesn’t smack you in the face with a hot iron and stamp the words on your forehead, you can’t put 2 and 2 together.  

You're the last person that should be trying to talk about someone else's comprehension skills. 

18 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're the last person that should be trying to talk about someone else's comprehension skills. 

Ok bud. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Has he been traded yet? 😉

Nah, teams are just waiting on him to be cut.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nah, teams are just waiting on him to be cut.

I think they'll get like a 5th or 6th in the end. Probably a 6th.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they'll get like a 5th or 6th in the end. Probably a 6th.

Anything is better than nothing

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Anything is better than nothing

Oh absolutely! Take it and run at this point if that kind of offer came in. 

On 3/18/2021 at 12:55 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz trade all over again. 

If the Eagles could find someone to give up a 4th they should be ecstatic, if not, take what you can get.

Howie needs to realize, everyone isn't as dumb as he is.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:17 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely! Take it and run at this point if that kind of offer came in. 

Not for nothing, but the Eagles could keep him for another season (one where he busts it, cause he’s trying to get paid) and let him walk afterwards and get at least a 4th round comp pick. They don’t have to budge on Ertz at all, because they’re under the cap now. They could wait this out until teams start to get desperate during the season. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing, but the Eagles could keep him for another season (one where he busts it, cause he’s trying to get paid) and let him walk afterwards and get at least a 4th round comp pick. They don’t have to budge on Ertz at all, because they’re under the cap now. They could wait this out until teams start to get desperate during the season. 

But they need to make other moves in FA that they can't currently do. They need to move on from Ertz in my opinion but I do get your point there. 

If Ertz is not traded before the Drat, does that rule out drafting TE, Pitts? 

Ertz may be on the team this season if he isn't traded. 

9 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Pitts would make a good WR as well. So don't think it would really matter.

4 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

TE Factory! :flex:

On 3/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, Road to Victory said:

Should have traded him last year but now there has to be some conditionality to the pick based on his performance and maybe a new contract. While we need a 4th this year to fill a hole in our draft, a conditional 4th next year that could become a higher pick based on performance may be a better deal. 

19 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Ertz was outplayed by Goedert and Rodgers last year, if we draft Pitts Ertz position on the depth chart would represent his value to the team last season. See how his contract value is helped by a year as TE 3.

Archived