Ertz trade talk

DBW

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Of course you can’t predict comp picks but it’s a selling point. 

Maybe to howie

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ugh this is probably going to be dragged out to the draft now

Nah he’s not getting traded.  

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He doesn't want to be here.

Too bad. He’s under contract to be here.  Nobody is offering anything for him. Howie isn’t obligated to trade him.  wentz got his way because they got a good return, but it won’t work for players of no value to other teams. 

Just now, DBW said:

Too bad. He’s under contract to be here.  Nobody is offering anything for him. Howie isn’t obligated to trade him.  wentz got his way because they got a good return, but it won’t work for players of no value to other teams. 

It just doesn't work cap wise if the Eagles plan on signing any players this offseason.  It's time for the Eagles to move on and hand it off to Goedert.  I don't believe the Eagles have any intention to bring him back to play this season.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

It just doesn't work cap wise if the Eagles plan on signing any players this offseason.  It's time for the Eagles to move on and hand it off to Goedert.  I don't believe the Eagles have any intention to bring him back to play this season.  

They aren’t going to be big buyers in FA anyway. Expect a lot of second and third tier players.  They’re cap compliant now. They saved another couple million the past couple days with Goodwin going back to the 9ers, etc.  I’m not sure how much cap space they’d save moving him anyway....$3-4m maybe?  Unless they’re getting a decent return it’s not worth it.  

1 minute ago, DBW said:

They aren’t going to be big buyers in FA anyway. Expect a lot of second and third tier players.  They’re cap compliant now. They saved another couple million the past couple days with Goodwin going back to the 9ers, etc.  I’m not sure how much cap space they’d save moving him anyway....$3-4m maybe?  Unless they’re getting a decent return it’s not worth it.  

It's not about being big players, that is obvious.  But to even get second and 3rd tier players they need cap room, they need all the space they can get.  Keeping a disgruntled player here with a 1st year HC is not worth it.  Especially when this team needs to sign some bodies to play corner, safety and LB among other positions going forward.  

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's not about being big players, that is obvious.  But to even get second and 3rd tier players they need cap room, they need all the space they can get.  Keeping a disgruntled player here with a 1st year HC is not worth it.  Especially when this team needs to sign some bodies to play corner, safety and LB among other positions going forward.  

There are plenty of needs, no arguments there.  I just don’t see them trading him unless they get multiple picks which clearly isn’t happening. If he’s unwilling to sign a New deal as part of the trade, nobody is touching him.  Picks and $8m for a one year rental?  No GM is biting on that.

12 minutes ago, DBW said:

There are plenty of needs, no arguments there.  I just don’t see them trading him unless they get multiple picks which clearly isn’t happening. If he’s unwilling to sign a New deal as part of the trade, nobody is touching him.  Picks and $8m for a one year rental?  No GM is biting on that.

It already came out that he is willing to play out his one year deal on a new team and isn't requiring a new contract.  Nothing has come out that he wouldn't be willing to sign a new deal if a team were offering it.  

Eagles aren't getting multiple picks for Ertz unless they are multiple day 3 picks.  

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It already came out that he is willing to play out his one year deal on a new team and isn't requiring a new contract.  Nothing has come out that he wouldn't be willing to sign a new deal if a team were offering it.  

Eagles aren't getting multiple picks for Ertz unless they are multiple day 3 picks.  

He said himself he isn’t looking to sign a new deal. He wants to hit the open market.  It’s smart in his part to want that, but means less likely he gets traded because like I said no GM is giving away $8m and picks for a one year rental.  And yeah they aren’t getting multiple picks. Which means he’s not going anywhere.  Glad you were able to deduce this on your own with no help from me.  😆 

1 minute ago, DBW said:

He said himself he isn’t looking to sign a new deal. He wants to hit the open market.  It’s smart in his part to want that, but means less likely he gets traded because like I said no GM is giving away $8m and picks for a one year rental.  And yeah they aren’t getting multiple picks. Which means he’s not going anywhere.  Glad you were able to deduce this on your own with no help from me.  😆 

The report was that Ertz is okay with playing out the remaining year of his deal with a new team.  The report was not he only intends to play out his deal and will not sign a new deal with the team he is traded to.  Way completely misinterpret the meaning of that report.  

Also not sure where you got in your head where the Eagles will only trade Ertz for multiple picks.  Makes no sense.  

To save you from watching the video.  Silver: "I believe they're in the mix possibly for a Zach Ertz trade."

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The report was that Ertz is okay with playing out the remaining year of his deal with a new team.  The report was not he only intends to play out his deal and will not sign a new deal with the team he is traded to.  Way completely misinterpret the meaning of that report.  

Also not sure where you got in your head where the Eagles will only trade Ertz for multiple picks.  Makes no sense.  

I’m not gonna do the work for you. Multiple reports that eagles want a 3rd and 4th.  If that was out there they would have taken it already. 

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

I’m not gonna do the work for you. Multiple reports that eagles want a 3rd and 4th.  If that was out there they would have taken it already. 

You aren't going to provide backup because it doesn't exist.  I haven't seen a single report that has stated that the Eagles are looking for a 3rd and a 4th.  Now there are reports out that that actually exist that they are looking for a 3rd or a 4th.   

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/14/report-eagles-looking-for-third-or-fourth-round-pick-for-zach-ertz/

34 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You aren't going to provide backup because it doesn't exist.  I haven't seen a single report that has stated that the Eagles are looking for a 3rd and a 4th.  Now there are reports out that that actually exist that they are looking for a 3rd or a 4th.   

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/14/report-eagles-looking-for-third-or-fourth-round-pick-for-zach-ertz/

Well in either case they aren’t even getting a single pick for him. Nobody is giving them any value for them.  It’s a $4.5m cap hit this year.  They can afford to keep him and he can play or he can hold out and lose more money and value I suppose.  But if he’s not willing to extend with the new team, there’s no trade happening. Think about, nobody is giving even 1 pick to pay him $8.5m for a year so there’s no buyers.  He’s gonna have to extend with the new team if there’s any chance at not playing for the eagles next season.  

10 minutes ago, DBW said:

Well in either case they aren’t even getting a single pick for him. Nobody is giving them any value for them.  It’s a $4.5m cap hit this year.  They can afford to keep him and he can play or he can hold out and lose more money and value I suppose.  But if he’s not willing to extend with the new team, there’s no trade happening. Think about, nobody is giving even 1 pick to pay him $8.5m for a year so there’s no buyers.  He’s gonna have to extend with the new team if there’s any chance at not playing for the eagles next season.  

It's a $12.5M cap hit this year for the Eagles, not $4.5M.

Also there has been absolutely no indication that he is not willing to extend with a new team.  You keep making up fake reports about Ertz like you did about the Eagles wanting a 3rd and 4th for him. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's a $12.5M cap hit this year for the Eagles, not $4.5M.

Also there has been absolutely no indication that he is not willing to extend with a new team.  You keep making up fake reports about Ertz like you did about the Eagles wanting a 3rd and 4th for him. 

They’d only save 4.75m by trading him.  

and the reports about him "being Ok” with finishing out his contract is just another way of saying he’s not extending. Potato, tomato. 

959452C5-1234-40EE-BA26-236B0A27788E.png

Just now, DBW said:

They’d only save 4.75m by trading him.  

and the reports about him "being Ok” with finishing out his contract is just another way of saying he’s not extending. Potato, tomato. 

959452C5-1234-40EE-BA26-236B0A27788E.png

Yes so his caphut is $12.5M if they keep him as a backup disgruntled player and they can clear up $4.75M when they desperately need to clear up cap space by trading him. 

Also him saying he is okay with playing out his deal is basically a way of saying "Please someone trade for me, while I want a new deal I will play out my contract without making it an issue for any team that trades for me if they don't want to commit to extending me right away."

Yourd in full blown denial and on a pretty good streak these last few posts of just stating blatantly incorrect information that you've seemingly made up in your head. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yes so his caphut is $12.5M if they keep him as a backup disgruntled player and they can clear up $4.75M when they desperately need to clear up cap space by trading him. 

Also him saying he is okay with playing out his deal is basically a way of saying "Please someone trade for me, while I want a new deal I will play out my contract without making it an issue for any team that trades for me if they don't want to commit to extending me right away."

Yourd in full blown denial and on a pretty good streak these last few posts of just stating blatantly incorrect information that you've seemingly made up in your head. 

You can interpret how you want. But zach acted like a child last year and yelled at the gm about his contract on the practice field and you want me to believe that he’s gonna be ok with playing out the final year somewhere else? That he’s Gonna just sit quietly like a good little boy and play it out, and play hard on top of that?  He half assed it before he got hurt last year.  His mind is only set on a getting paid and any teams that are willing trade a pick and give him 8.5m are going to expect to be able to sign him.  He should be open To that. I don’t believe he is. My mind isn’t changing in that.  He wants FA because he knows that’s the best chance to get paid.  

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

You can interpret how you want. But zach acted like a child last year and yelled at the gm about his contract on the practice field and you want me to believe that he’s gonna be ok with playing out the final year somewhere else? That he’s Gonna just sit quietly like a good little boy and play it out, and play hard on top of that?  He half assed it before he got hurt last year.  His mind is only set on a getting paid and any teams that are willing trade a pick and give him 8.5m are going to expect to be able to sign him.  He should be open To that. I don’t believe he is. My mind isn’t changing in that.  He wants FA because he knows that’s the best chance to get paid.  

It's not really something to interpret any other way.  If Ertz has no intention of signing an extension with the team that trades for him then why wouldn't that be the report instead of him now being okay if a trading team doesn't offer/intend to extend him prior to the season? 

Also make up your mind. "you want me to believe that he’s gonna be ok with playing out the final year somewhere else?" I want you to believe that? You've been trying to argue for several posts now that he has no intentions to sign an extension with a new team. 

Your mind is flip changing even in your last post.  You can't decide if he only wants an extension or if he only wants to play out the year with a new team and enter FA the following year.  Let me help you try to understand: He wants an extension but is willing to play out the final year of his deal with a new team because he just wants out of here at this point. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's not really something to interpret any other way.  If Ertz has no intention of signing an extension with the team that trades for him then why wouldn't that be the report instead of him now being okay if a trading team doesn't offer/intend to extend him prior to the season? 

Also make up your mind. "you want me to believe that he’s gonna be ok with playing out the final year somewhere else?" I want you to believe that? You've been trying to argue for several posts now that he has no intentions to sign an extension with a new team. 

Your mind is flip changing even in your last post.  You can't decide if he only wants an extension or if he only wants to play out the year with a new team and enter FA the following year.  Let me help you try to understand: He wants an extension but is willing to play out the final year of his deal with a new team because he just wants out of here at this point. 

He wants out but He’s not getting out.  Not unless he’s willing to sign an extension because that’s the only way a team is trading for him.  

27 minutes ago, DBW said:

He wants out but He’s not getting out.  Not unless he’s willing to sign an extension because that’s the only way a team is trading for him.  

And there has been absolutely no indication that he would be unwilling to sign an extension. 

23 minutes ago, DBW said:

They will Just cut him then

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They will Just cut him then

I don’t think they will.  Just my opinion based on Howie saying they’d love to have him play it out here.  I Take that with a grain of salt though.  But like I said they’d only save 4.75m of cap space by trading or cutting him.  It’s likely they’d keep him around for that 

Archived