**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

41 minutes ago, toolg said:

It doesn't matter. I have no shot beating your team this week!

I Surrender GIFs | Tenor

Your team is killing it!

Pitchers, my hitters for the most part are trash.   TBF, look at Ryu’s numbers, he only pitched 5 innings, gave up 4 earned runs,  6 hits, 6k’s and a walk.   Still 20 points though.

I forget who I was playing that used all 11 starts for their pitchers, that’s what I try to do.   My only cheat code, not that it is, using a long reliever as a starting relief pitcher, usually a win every other week but they get innings, 3 innings and a couple of K’s is 11 points, that’s worth it.    Plus they don’t blow saves..

Finally got my first win!

My team is coming together now a bit I think. Look out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Finally got my first win!

My team is coming together now a bit I think. Look out.

Remember it is a marathon and not a sprint.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Remember it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Well I spent the first hour of the marathon tying my shoes it seems.

• Haha 2

Tatis and Wil Myers tested positive for COVID. Padres in danger of being shut down.

Also, Myers clinches it. The entire OF I drafted is OUT. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, toolg said:

Tatis and Wil Myers tested positive for COVID. Padres in danger of being shut down.

Also, Myers clinches it. The entire OF I drafted is OUT. :ph34r:

Hosmer got me as well, but since your outfield is hurting, I’m sure I can spare an outfielder for Nola, cause that’s the type of person I am, always willing to help out. 

• Haha 1

Corbin has been trash all year so I leave him on the bench - of course he scores 34 :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I clearly stink at FB 😂. Have mercy on me guys damn 😆 

Now that I’m likely lose for the first time in awhile, ugh, Acuna Matata just had back to back Sat and Sunday some of the best hitting I’ve ever seen in Fantasy Baseball. 

Saturday  stats - 

14/37- 9 runs- 3 doubles- 4hr- 14 rbi.  49 points

Sunday stats- 

15/40 - 10 runs- 1 double- 1hr- 6 rbi.  40 points.

Two day total,

.376 avg- 19 runs- 4 doubles- 5hr- 20rbi.

89 points.   

I’m lucky to get those numbers in 5 days.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

I clearly stink at FB 😂. Have mercy on me guys damn 😆 

It’s a long season, and guys dropping with injuries plus Covid, anything can happen, especially in Baseball.  I went through 3 first basemen just this week. 

@RPeeteRules I was busy this weekend and set my lineups but did not really pay attention to what other teams did.  Just saw you snuck in an extra pitcher Saturday and Sunday.  Didn't matter in the end with Diekman deciding to pitch batting practice against the Twins all weekend, but, you sneaky SOB you.

17 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Now that I’m likely lose for the first time in awhile, ugh, Acuna Matata just had back to back Sat and Sunday some of the best hitting I’ve ever seen in Fantasy Baseball. 

Saturday  stats - 

14/37- 9 runs- 3 doubles- 4hr- 14 rbi.  49 points

Sunday stats- 

15/40 - 10 runs- 1 double- 1hr- 6 rbi.  40 points.

Two day total,

.376 avg- 19 runs- 4 doubles- 5hr- 20rbi.

89 points.   

I’m lucky to get those numbers in 5 days.  

Freddie Freeman has been on a tear lately. He's back to MVP form. Few other guys like Nick Castellanos also consistently putting up good points this year.

And wouldn't it be my luck that on my team's best weekend of hitting all year, the pitching was equally abysmal 🤣

On Sunday alone, I had 3 starting pitchers go for a grand total of around 10 points. Two were last minute FA signings so always a toss up there. But my ace, Shane Bieber, had his worst outing of the year totaling a whopping 5 pts.

Crazy game this Fantasy Baseball is.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

@RPeeteRules I was busy this weekend and set my lineups but did not really pay attention to what other teams did.  Just saw you snuck in an extra pitcher Saturday and Sunday.  Didn't matter in the end with Diekman deciding to pitch batting practice against the Twins all weekend, but, you sneaky SOB you.

My goal is going to be to get as close to that 11 starts for my pitchers as possible.  I’ve got 1 RP who is a starter, so that will help me.  I was nervous going into Sunday as we were pretty even throughout the week.

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Freddie Freeman has been on a tear lately. He's back to MVP form. Few other guys like Nick Castellanos also consistently putting up good points this year.

And wouldn't it be my luck that on my team's best weekend of hitting all year, the pitching was equally abysmal 🤣

On Sunday alone, I had 3 starting pitchers go for a grand total of around 10 points. Two were last minute FA signings so always a toss up there. But my ace, Shane Bieber, had his worst outing of the year totaling a whopping 5 pts.

Crazy game this Fantasy Baseball is.

Yes it is, I saw those last minute signings and figured I would lose.   That hitting though was outta control, seriously one of the best weekends I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

My goal is going to be to get as close to that 11 starts for my pitchers as possible.  I’ve got 1 RP who is a starter, so that will help me.  I was nervous going into Sunday as we were pretty even throughout the week.

Time for that O to go, lol.   My points for are very close to yours, but points against, teams have had some really good weeks playing against me.    
 We play again in a few weeks, hopefully I can keep up….. 

30 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

If I was not busy this weekend, I may have matched your Saturday and Sunday pitcher acquisitions.  Probably would not have mattered with my boy Diekman running out onto the mound with his gas can both days.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If I was not busy this weekend, I may have matched your Saturday and Sunday pitcher acquisitions.  Probably would not have mattered with my boy Diekman running out onto the mound with his gas can both days.

Negative points from a pitcher really kills a team.  I think my winning streak will end soon.  Hopefully my IL guys come back at some point, though then I’ll have really tough choices on who to drop to make room for them.

2 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Hopefully my IL guys come back at some point

That is killing me.  My two best offensive players, Tatis Jr and Bellinger have played a combined 30 of a possible 81 games.

16 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Negative points from a pitcher really kills a team.  I think my winning streak will end soon.  Hopefully my IL guys come back at some point, though then I’ll have really tough choices on who to drop to make room for them.

Speaking as your match up this week, you have Cole, Buehler, and Walker throwing two starts each this week.  I do not expect your winning streak to end this week.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Speaking as your match up this week, you have Cole, Buehler, and Walker throwing two starts each this week.  I do not expect your winning streak to end this week.

Sorry that you have to face me with those guys having two starts.  

1 minute ago, RPeeteRules said:

Sorry that you have to face me with those guys having two starts.  

Me too

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Me too

Walker leaves after 3 with tightness, Cole allows 3 ER thru 2.

@mikemack8 I always look ahead for the full week and see how many starts my opponents pitchers have.  I figured you would have buried me by now.  Even after the 3 bad starts Tuesday, I figured after the two great starts beginning the day you would have a big lead yesterday.  Thank god for Corey Kluber.

I'm surprised you aren't up by 100 already tbh - every team I've played this year feels like they go off on me early in the week.  

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm surprised you aren't up by 100 already tbh - every team I've played this year feels like they go off on me early in the week.  

You too? You should see what I've been up against.

I faced your team when Musgrove pitched the no hitter! :lol: Granted that was his 2nd start late in the week.