Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

It eases the pain to type JJ-AWFUL or JJLOL.

If you're feeling silly go for JJAW-HELL-NAW.

You have to type it? My autocorrect takes care of that for me 😂 

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

That is an NBC Sports article...citing a tweet...that is a video from ESPN...of 1 guy Dan Orlovsky saying HIS OPINION that this COULD mean the Eagles will go after Wilson. 

This pure speculation gets shared and referenced and then people pretend there are "reports." 

This means absolutely nothing, it's a guess like any knucklehead fan can make.

To be fair I never said there was a report it was happening or going to happen.  I said there was "talk” in the media that they would be back in the trade discussions for wilson.  

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

So you don’t think if we had drafted Metcalf over JJAW and/or Jefferson over Reagor that those moves wouldn’t have helped put us on the right path toward contending again in the near future?  

Most likely no.

16 minutes ago, DBW said:

To be fair I never said there was a report it was happening or going to happen.  I said there was "talk” in the media that they would be back in the trade discussions for wilson.  

Right, but often how these things get framed make people think there is credibility vs just people spit balling.  It's not you, it's how they present it in their headlines for click bait. They do it every year.

They can make a whole "article" out of a speculative question.  "Will the Eagles sign (insert player)?"  It's just made up, but the fact that a "journalist" is asking the question makes it news and then people think it's something actually being discussed.

20 hours ago, DBW said:

Come on now, Dan Orlovskiy is a horse's ass, even if the Eagles have the draft capital to get Wilson, which I'm not convinced they do, and Wilson agrees to waive his no trade clause and join us, he carries a cap hit of $32 million this year, $37million next year and $40million 2023, and before anyone pulls the word extension out of their ass, there is no way to restructure $109million dollars of salary and get the Eagles under the cap this year or indeed next (we have 38 players under contract next year and only $25Million of projected cap space) he isn't coming here for less money.

Our QB for the next 2 years (at least) is Hurts or another rookie guy, a blockbuster trade for any skill player is a pipe dream, while we have so many ludicrous contracts with huge dead cap bombs that we can't defuse.

29 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Come on now, Dan Orlovskiy is a horse's ass, even if the Eagles have the draft capital to get Wilson, which I'm not convinced they do, and Wilson agrees to waive his no trade clause and join us, he carries a cap hit of $32 million this year, $37million next year and $40million 2023, and before anyone pulls the word extension out of their ass, there is no way to restructure $109million dollars of salary and get the Eagles under the cap this year or indeed next (we have 38 players under contract next year and only $25Million of projected cap space) he isn't coming here for less money.

Our QB for the next 2 years (at least) is Hurts or another rookie guy, a blockbuster trade for any skill player is a pipe dream, while we have so many ludicrous contracts with huge dead cap bombs that we can't defuse.

This. 100% this.

49 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Seattle is far ahead of where the Eagles are in terms of talent. I also doubt he'd want to come here.

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Have you seen our secondary?  Our D line?  Linebackers?  Do you know how old and banged up our O line is?  Do we have a QB of the future?  

Metcalf and Jefferson would be great.  

But this was a GREAT TRADE!! 

Of course we need help in those areas too.  Everyone is missing the point ... the more talent you have across the board at all positions, the closer you are to contending (captain obvious statement).  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Of course we need help in those areas too.  Everyone is missing the point ... the more talent you have across the board at all positions, the closer you are to contending (captain obvious statement).  

The obvious is often lost here.

How do you rebuild in a couple of years? By stocking up on draft picks and clearing cap space. That is exactly what the Eagles have done.  The most picks of any team in the league this year, including a top 15; as many as three first rounders next year.  Moreover, they could have $60 million in cap space next season when the cap will explode.  They'll have the draft capital and cap room for any deal they want to make - trades, free agency, etc.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You don't start with WR RB and TE.  You start with secondary, O line and D line.....and obviously QB.  That's how it is done.  The fascination with WR and Pitts this year is silly.  

Building the lines is definitely the preferred way to go. But you could argue WR is the least talented (or at least proven) group on that list. Secondary needs a #2 CB, but they have Slay and Maddox for CB1 and Nickel. Safeties are set with Harris and McLeod. Oline is one of the more talented groups, but they're getting old/injured. Still they have a lot of guys to work in with Mailata, Dillard, Johnson at tackle. Brooks, Seumalo, and Herbig at guard. Plus Kelce at center. Dline is getting thin, but still Cox, Hargrave, Graham, Barnett, Sweat, and Ridgeway are a decent line.

All of those positions need depth and eventual starter level replacements, but overall, these are not as short on talent as the team is at WR or possibly even RB since they have Sanders (always injured) and Scott as pretty much their only RBs in an offense that wants to run the ball. LB is obviously a huge need as they only have Singlton and Edwards. Both of which could be replaced through drafting a high quality player at the position, if Howie starts to value LBs.

Also, statistically, elite WRs are most often found early in the draft, while many of the other positions can be found a little later.

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The obvious is often lost here.

They'll have the draft capital and cap room for any deal they want to make - trades, free agency, etc.

Oh how true that is. They will have the draft capital and cap room for any deal they want and they have Howie Roseman at the helm.

53 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You don't start with WR RB and TE.  You start with secondary, O line and D line.....and obviously QB.  That's how it is done.  The fascination with WR and Pitts this year is silly.  

You start with OL and DL. But our lines don't look so bad right now.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No argument here.  We wouldn't be in a position to be hoping for Chase had we just done the smart thing last year (and apologies in advance for beating a dead horse) and taken Jefferson instead of Reagor.  That one was much more obvious than Metcalf over JJAW considering where they were drafted (31 teams passed on Metcalf twice).  Now fingers crossed Howie makes the best possible use of all of those picks, in particular the high ones, and we restock the roster with some starting quality talent.  

So let's do a little bit of problem solving with this. The following players will almost definitely be picked before 12...

....Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Penei Sewell, Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts. Some might disagree with me but I also think Mac Jones will go before 12 as well.

So that is 8 guys right there, meaning AT LEAST FOUR OF the following players will be there at 12. Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn, Micah Parsons, Kwity Paye, and Rashawn Slater.

Unless you are stubborn and can't get over the fact that they aren't getting Chase or Pitts I'm not sure how people can hate getting one of those players AND a first in 2022. Don't like it, I get it, but can we stop with the ''this is the worst move ever'' nonsense.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

No argument here.  We wouldn't be in a position to be hoping for Chase had we just done the smart thing last year (and apologies in advance for beating a dead horse) and taken Jefferson instead of Reagor.  That one was much more obvious than Metcalf over JJAW considering where they were drafted (31 teams passed on Metcalf twice).  Now fingers crossed Howie makes the best possible use of all of those picks, in particular the high ones, and we restock the roster with some starting quality talent.  

Why are you so certain the picking Jefferson was such a slam dunk?

He was on a run first team with Cook getting all the attention, an all pro WR flanking him.an above average QB and play calling that took advantage of both (play action passes).

The Eagles had barely a running game, a terrible o-line, poor QB play and a bad game plan almost every week.

How the hell would Jefferson had really helped other then maybe being more available? Even then who knows because the Eagles either have the worst luck or the worst strength and conditioning coaches in the league.

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We spent 3 draft picks on WR last year.  We need to develop the lines and secondary.  Both much more integral in building a long term winner than WR.  Elite WR don’t win Super Bowls.  Elite lines and Secondary do.  

We spent one first and two late round picks last year (5-6). That is not really investing in the position.

If you draft OL at 12, who would he be replacing? Mailata played well, Brooks, Kelce, Johnson are old/coming off injury, but still pro-bowl level players, and Issac is an above average OG. So you would be spending a first round pick on someone that would sit and wait a year to play. Better off taking a guy a couple of rounds later and letting him develop.

I already addressed secondary, but at 12 I think they will be taking a CB2 instead of a WR1 at the sixth pick. That is just how the draft will play out. The level of CBs are good, but not seen as elite as previous years (D.Ward or J.Ramsey type of drafts.) So if they go with CB as many think, they are filling a need and getting a good player, but maybe not a game changing elite player. All too early to tell of course, but just based on what information we have and not personal projections or opinions.

When you say "Elite WR don’t win Super Bowls.  Elite lines and Secondary do." Now you're comparing one person against an entire unit. Has Aaron Donald, the best D-lineman in the league, won a Superbowl? No because it is not one player, but having elite players at multiple positions will win you a Superbowl. P.Mahome, T.Kelce, T.Hill for example. So anytime the Eagles can get an elite player they should take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

Why are you so certain the picking Jefferson was such a slam dunk?

He was on a run first team with Cook getting all the attention, an all pro WR flanking him.an above average QB and play calling that took advantage of both (play action passes).

The Eagles had barely a running game, a terrible o-line, poor QB play and a bad game plan almost every week.

How the hell would Jefferson had really helped other then maybe being more available? Even then who knows because the Eagles either have the worst luck or the worst strength and conditioning coaches in the league.

He was widely considered the higher rated player at his position.  He may not have had the impact here in his first year that he had in Minnesota but if we start adding the better talent at multiple positions over the next few drafts we’ll be in better position to contend sooner.  Same applies for the last draft or 2.  Not sure why that seems so hard to comprehend.  For the record I was all in on Jefferson before the draft last year (as well as Lamb and Ruggs) ... my view on him didn’t start after watching him light it up in the NFL last year.  🙂

2 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

Rumors of Mac Jones going at 3 now. 

Wow. That would be great for the Eagles as it adds another QB to the mix to push players down to 12 or possibly entice people to trade up to 12 (i.e. Pats).

I can't see him going that high. His pro-day didn't sound like his throwing session amazed people.

"After Tuesday's showing, it's fair to wonder whether Jones' draft stock took a hit. Some of Jones' errant throws made the rounds on social media, including an overthrow that appeared to leave Belichick shaking his head."

6 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Wow. That would be great for the Eagles as it adds another QB to the mix to push players down to 12 or possibly entice people to trade up to 12 (i.e. Pats).

I can't see him going that high. His pro-day didn't sound like his throwing session amazed people.

"After Tuesday's showing, it's fair to wonder whether Jones' draft stock took a hit. Some of Jones' errant throws made the rounds on social media, including an overthrow that appeared to leave Belichick shaking his head."

I need to see this. 

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Metcalf falling the way he did proves how ignorant NFL teams were in terms of his neck injury/surgery that had him cleared to play in basically 2.5 months.  Teams like the Eagles had him on their injured side of their draft boards, even though he was cleared months before the combine where he put up 225lbs, 27 times.  I can’t imagine after the combine thinking "yea he’s impressive, but that neck.”     6’3” 230lbs runs a 4.3 40yd but he’s got a bad neck.  Metcalf is a case of idiocy in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, kentwo said:

The head shake seemed to come during a conversation with McDaniel, it’s hard to tell if it’s Jones overthrow that he was reacting too.  Accuracy should not be an issue for Jones, he’s not mobile and doesn’t have a very good arm.  

5 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So let's do a little bit of problem solving with this. The following players will almost definitely be picked before 12...

....Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Penei Sewell, Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts. Some might disagree with me but I also think Mac Jones will go before 12 as well.

So that is 8 guys right there, meaning AT LEAST FOUR OF the following players will be there at 12. Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn, Micah Parsons, Kwity Paye, and Rashawn Slater.

Unless you are stubborn and can't get over the fact that they aren't getting Chase or Pitts I'm not sure how people can hate getting one of those players AND a first in 2022. Don't like it, I get it, but can we stop with the ''this is the worst move ever'' nonsense.

I still don't see Lance going in the top 10. 

26 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

It's a lock. 

We shall see

8 hours ago, T-1000 said:

It's a lock. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We shall see

I don’t see how 5 QBs don’t go in the top 10. 

Archived