Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

9 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

You do not invest a 2nd round pick in a good cheap backup. Its moronic. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that was exactly their thought process. New England is one of the greatest franchises in NFL history and they drafted QB's in the 2nd and 3rd round several times when they had Brady for the same reason. This might be difficult for you to grasp, but NFL teams tend to put a high value on the most important position in football.

Just now, T-1000 said:

5, possibly 6 teams in the top 10 need a QB considering Atlanta could possibly go in that direction. Either way are you new to the NFL draft or something. QB's always go higher than expected. Also, teams are allowed to trade up into the top 10 and take a QB. It's kind of cute how this is obviously your first NFL draft. Pay attention and maybe you'll learn something.

Oh so QBs never fall in the draft then? For as many that go earlier then they should you have ones that fall that were not expected. You also need all 5 of those teams to absolutely want the QB that comes to them. 

What is with the cute crap and the acting like I don't know anything bit? Because I have an opinion that doesn't fit yours? I'm glad you know exactly what 10 NFL teams are thinking maybe you are the one that should pay attention the draft never falls the way anyone expects. Since you are so sure of yourself and know exactly what will happen since no one else can get the draft right maybe you should apply with a sports network and be the first person ever to know exactly what will happen. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh so QBs never fall in the draft then? For as many that go earlier then they should you have ones that fall that were not expected. You also need all 5 of those teams to absolutely want the QB that comes to them. 

What is with the cute crap and the acting like I don't know anything bit? Because I have an opinion that doesn't fit yours? I'm glad you know exactly what 10 NFL teams are thinking maybe you are the one that should pay attention the draft never falls the way anyone expects. Since you are so sure of yourself and know exactly what will happen since no one else can get the draft right maybe you should apply with a sports network and be the first person ever to know exactly what will happen. 

That is where you fail.

A. There are 6 teams who could be in on a QB. Jags, Jets, 49'ers, Panthers, Broncos, and possibly the Falcons as well.

B. Like I said, since you are obviously new to the draft I will help you learn. Teams are allowed to trade up with other teams that are outside of the top 10, and take a QB.

C. There are 11 teams/picks in front of the Eagles, not 10.

Lastly, I don't have a problem with your opinion being different than mine, I have a problem with it being a stupid ass opinion. The first three picks are locks to be QB's. The chances of two more QB's not going from picks 4-11 are slim to none if you know anything about the draft. You are new though, so I'm glad I could educate you. Free of charge too.

8 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

That is where you fail.

A. There are 6 teams who could be in on a QB. Jags, Jets, 49'ers, Panthers, Broncos, and possibly the Falcons as well.

B. Like I said, since you are obviously new to the draft I will help you learn. Teams are allowed to trade up with other teams that are outside of the top 10, and take a QB.

C. There are 11 teams/picks in front of the Eagles, not 10.

Lastly, I don't have a problem with your opinion being different than mine, I have a problem with it being a stupid ass opinion. The first three picks are locks to be QB's. The chances of two more QB's not going from picks 4-11 are slim to none if you know anything about the draft. You are new though, so I'm glad I could educate you. Free of charge too.

Cool I hope you win the draft selections you are the bestest. Tell all your friends how you learned someone on the NFL draft for the first time!!! 

8 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Sadly I have. How Howie handles the 2nd round is some of the dumbest stuff you'll ever see from passing up Metcalf for JJ Artega Whiteside to drafting Jalen Hurts  to drafting Goedert when the Eagles had Ertz. 

So what are the odds of Kyle Pitts making it to #12? Smh....

Well, Hurts we don't know yet, JJ 100% agree, Goedert they knew Zach would want big money, should have traded him before the start of last year.

The way this is setting up Howie is going to totally F this draft up. I can see him going CB at #12 which, of course, he will draft the wrong player like he did with Metcalf/JJ and Jefferson/Reagor. Then he’ll come back in the 2nd Rd and draft Terrance Marshall who will be a total bust. I can see this a mile away. I hope I’m wrong. 

5 hours ago, kentwo said:

It would make little sense for them to use that pick on OL.

I really want them to draft Smith or Waddle, but I wouldn't say it makes little sense depending on how the board looks.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

I really want them to draft Smith or Waddle, but I wouldn't say it makes little sense depending on how the board looks.

Indeed.

If Slater is there he might be BPA and a building block for your "new” OL for years to come. Remember they love to spend top 15 picks on OL and DL and with Kelce likely retiring soon, Lane and Brooks dealing with all kinds of injuries and up there in age and both Mailata and Dillard somewhat unproven, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go that route. It won’t be a sexy pick but smart nonetheless.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, Eagleblood52 said:

Your naming qbs that are a weapon when they run, and yeah, Wilson can go when he needs to, but he doesn’t just go like Lamar, Vick, newton, hurtz...those guys pride themselves on being a running weapon...Wilson is not that, he gets outta the pocket, but only runs if he has to...that’s the difference...

That's not  a real difference.  It's a difference you made up.  There is no "pride themselves" standard that can be applied.

It's the same thing,  a run is a run and Wilson ran 849 yards one year.  The QBs who are in fact run weapons by virtue of the fact they do in fact run and get a lot of rushing yards are the running QBs.   It's the fact ones.  And it really shouldn't be the QB but the coach that generally puts constraints on the runs of a QB.  Read options are one type of run play that involves the QB.  

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Well, Hurts we don't know yet, JJ 100% agree, Goedert they knew Zach would want big money, should have traded him before the start of last year.

Goedert was a dumb pick given who was available at positions we needed but I would agree that it was one of the few picks where Howie appeared to employ strategic thought in a draft pick in terms of contracts and the future of the team.  If he could do a bit more of that and stop sucking so bad at evaluating WR's we might actually get out of our hole.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Goedert was a dumb pick given who was available at positions we needed but I would agree that it was one of the few picks where Howie appeared to employ strategic thought in a draft pick in terms of contracts and the future of the team.  If he could do a bit more of that and stop sucking so bad at evaluating WR's we might actually get out of our hole.

And yet here we are in Goederts contract year with him still possibly paying second fiddle to Ertz. Spending a 2nd round pick on a back up tight end isn't all that smart..... Using high draft picks on back ups is kind of counterproductive cause you are not getting the most out of a player on the cheap. 

59 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And yet here we are in Goederts contract year with him still possibly paying second fiddle to Ertz. Spending a 2nd round pick on a back up tight end isn't all that smart..... Using high draft picks on back ups is kind of counterproductive cause you are not getting the most out of a player on the cheap. 

Haha so Goedert was a bad pick too now?

The takes get shittier by the day.. 😂

17 minutes ago, Infam said:

Haha so Goedert was a bad pick too now?

The takes get shittier by the day.. 😂

Not a bad player at all and I didn't say a bad pick either and it wasn't at the time  but, since he still has not replaced the guy he was drafted to replace eventually, just makes him the ultimate luxury pick so not a bad pick just not smart if you never intended to trade or replace Ertz.  They have won nothing and actually the passing offense has been pretty **** with 2 high end Tight ends. A lot of that is on the coaches though not finding ways to take advantage of 2 really good to great tight ends with different skill sets. 

Now you may end up getting nothing for either one of them 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not a bad player at all and I didn't say a bad pick either and it wasn't at the time  but, since he still has not replaced the guy he was drafted to replace eventually, just makes him the ultimate luxury pick so not a bad pick just not smart if you never intended to trade or replace Ertz.  They have won nothing and actually the passing offense has been pretty **** with 2 high end Tight ends. A lot of that is on the coaches though not finding ways to take advantage of 2 really good to great tight ends with different skill sets. 

Now you may end up getting nothing for either one of them 

Nah. Ertz is on the way out (and aging) and Goedert is here to stay. And by the way: There is nothing wrong with having two TEs that can play.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

Nah. Ertz is on the way out (and aging) and Goedert is here to stay. And by the way: There is nothing wrong with having two TEs that can play.

When you say Ertz is on his way out? You mean cut / trade? I'm not so sure he is going to be cut at this point to be honest and his trade value almost makes it more worthwhile keeping him. I can see him being back next year but yes he's towards the end of his time in Philly / career.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

When you say Ertz is on his way out? You mean cut / trade? I'm not so sure he is going to be cut at this point to be honest and his trade value almost makes it more worthwhile keeping him. I can see him being back next year but yes he's towards the end of his time in Philly / career.

It would really surprise me if we see him play another game in midnight green.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

It would really surprise me if we see him play another game in midnight green.

A few weeks ago yeah I absolutely thought so but not so much now. They've gotten under the cap and I don't really see them signing anyone else (if they do then I mean it's going to be depth guys for cheap deals) and I think they still restructure a deal or 2 if needed.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A few weeks ago yeah I absolutely thought so but not so much now. They've gotten under the cap and I don't really see them signing anyone else (if they do then I mean it's going to be depth guys for cheap deals) and I think they still restructure a deal or 2 if needed.

He'll be traded before the season starts. Most likely after or during the draft.

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I agree.  Kraemer from Notre Dame is a good day 3 target at guard.  I'd like to see the 6th and 7th round on OL depth and flyers.  Here's my current mock I'm working off of:

R1P12- Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina: Horn to me is an athletic freak with just enough swag at outside corner.  Will start in 2021 opposite Slay and become the CB1 after Slay moves on.

R2P37- Terrace Marshall, WR LSU: the "other guy" who became "the guy" for a shortened 2020 season, he has the prototypical build to be a featured X WR. Also very young at only 20yo.

R3P70- Joe Tryon, EDGE Washington: explosive athlete with great size. Can rush the passer and can also set the edge against the run. Can play hand in dirt or standing, great versatility.

R3P84- Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse: amazing athleticism for his size at 6'3", 212. Can play zone or man-press and very disruptive at the catch point.

R4P123- Trey Sermon, RB OSU: a solid supplement to Miles Sanders. He is used to RBBC, and has a lot of tread on the tires due to it. Sanders/Sermon/Scott is a nice trio with varying skillsets.

R5P150- Tariq Thompson, S San Diego State: versatility to line up in the slot or at S. Nice box player or has deep skills to play center field. One of my favorite small school prospects.

R6P189- Tommy Kraemer, OG Notre Dame: depth Oline piece, will work well with an athletic C and solid RT. Good power at point of attack. 

R6P224- Michael Menet, C PSU: our eventual Kelce replacement, Menet will thrive in a zone-blocking scheme. Great pad level, hand punch and gets to the second level quickly.

R6P225- Tony Fields II, OLB WVU: great athlete and great instincts, projects well at the WILL. Little on the smaller side but makes up for it with athleticism, a very willing tackler and solid coverage. Will need to bulk up just a little.

R7P234- Quintin Morris, TE Bowling Green: Move TE prospect with athleticism. He will need to improve his blocking technique, and I think we have the coaches to do that.

R7P240- "Whop" Philyor, WR Indiana: Whop will be a slot guy at the pro level, but I think his true value comes as a returner prospect which the Birds desperately need.

Notable UDFA's: Feleipe Franks, QB Arkansas; Oscar Bradburn, P VA Tech; William Bradley-King, EDGE Baylor

Nice draft.  I agree Horn should be the pick

10 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that was exactly their thought process. New England is one of the greatest franchises in NFL history and they drafted QB's in the 2nd and 3rd round several times when they had Brady for the same reason. This might be difficult for you to grasp, but NFL teams tend to put a high value on the most important position in football.

Coach B can't draft to save his life.  

On 3/28/2021 at 7:51 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is no thinking about it. That is what they drafted him for, at least that's what they tell us

This team taking backups with 1st - 3rd round picks on a squad that lacks talent shows how detached from reality they really are. 

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This team taking backups with 1st - 3rd round picks on a squad that lacks talent shows how detached from reality they really are. 

That was an argument I made somewhere on this board. Out here drafting back ups when the starters suck... Who the hell does that??

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was an argument I made somewhere on this board. Out here drafting back ups when the starters suck... Who the hell does that??

The new norm, remember?

Just now, Portyansky said:

The new norm, remember?

Yes champions! Lol

10 hours ago, Infam said:

McShay's latest mock has all of the need players going before 12 (the top four WRs and two CBs) leaving Farley, Parsons, and the OL. Farley's injury is worrisome as reports have it being more serious than expected and something the team would have to monitor. Parsons would be a great add based on fit and talent, but does Howie still not value LB? That would leave the OL. IF Sewell is there, he'd be great value, but now you're bumping Mailata/Dillard to RT and in several podcasts people that study OL play didn't feel they would fit on that side of the line. Slater and V-T look to be NFL guards which looks to be thinner than OT, but hopefully they can trade back to get one of them. 

Archived