Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not a bad player at all and I didn't say a bad pick either and it wasn't at the time  but, since he still has not replaced the guy he was drafted to replace eventually, just makes him the ultimate luxury pick so not a bad pick just not smart if you never intended to trade or replace Ertz.  They have won nothing and actually the passing offense has been pretty **** with 2 high end Tight ends. A lot of that is on the coaches though not finding ways to take advantage of 2 really good to great tight ends with different skill sets. 

Now you may end up getting nothing for either one of them 

Just my 2 cents - but Ertz was drafted in the second round while the Eagles still had Brent Celek, and Celek was released in Ertz 4th year.

It is not like the Eagles have not done this before.

The main difference is that the Eagles switched to Ertz quicker because he was a better player and Celek fell off quickly.

58 minutes ago, kentwo said:

McShay's latest mock has all of the need players going before 12 (the top four WRs and two CBs) 

That would be worst case scenario indeed - that trade down would really come back to bite Howie in the arse if that happened.  I'd imagine though that one of the DL would be in play ... either Paye, Rosseau, or Barmore.  If that happened I probably wouldn't be against trading down a bit further hoping to pick up another team's 2022 2nd for doing so and maybe grab Bateman or one of those DL later.  

1 hour ago, kentwo said:

McShay's latest mock has all of the need players going before 12 (the top four WRs and two CBs) leaving Farley, Parsons, and the OL. Farley's injury is worrisome as reports have it being more serious than expected and something the team would have to monitor. Parsons would be a great add based on fit and talent, but does Howie still not value LB? That would leave the OL. IF Sewell is there, he'd be great value, but now you're bumping Mailata/Dillard to RT and in several podcasts people that study OL play didn't feel they would fit on that side of the line. Slater and V-T look to be NFL guards which looks to be thinner than OT, but hopefully they can trade back to get one of them. 

Almost agree with everything you said, except I feel like Stout could teach Mailata to be RT without a problem. Dillard might be tougher considering how poor he looked at RT, but I don't think he is a bad player and it's not fair to act like he sucked even though  he only got hurt. So Sewell with backup Dillard and Mailata with backup Driscoll? Or maybe move Sewell RT and keep Mailata on the left considering he looked great? We'd be set up with 4 young tackles for the time after Lane, and I could make my peace with that.

14 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

The way this is setting up Howie is going to totally F this draft up. I can see him going CB at #12 which, of course, he will draft the wrong player like he did with Metcalf/JJ and Jefferson/Reagor. Then he’ll come back in the 2nd Rd and draft Terrance Marshall who will be a total bust. I can see this a mile away. I hope I’m wrong. 

Please explain nostradamus as to why Marshall will be a bust. 

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don’t see Marshall busting either.  A typical Howie screw up draft will be rolling the dice on Farley at 12 and his back continues to give him trouble limiting him to a brief NFL career then taking Elijah Moore at 37 because he’s FAST!  

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was an argument I made somewhere on this board. Out here drafting back ups when the starters suck... Who the hell does that??

2C05EBDF-0D40-4FA7-A2CC-CD8ABEB2D54F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Almost agree with everything you said, except I feel like Stout could teach Mailata to be RT without a problem. Dillard might be tougher considering how poor he looked at RT, but I don't think he is a bad player and it's not fair to act like he sucked even though  he only got hurt. So Sewell with backup Dillard and Mailata with backup Driscoll? Or maybe move Sewell RT and keep Mailata on the left considering he looked great? We'd be set up with 4 young tackles for the time after Lane, and I could make my peace with that.

Teams like a lot of positional flexibility so having guys able to move around would really be ideal. Mailata has so little football experience that maybe they would prefer to keep things simple for him and leave him at LT to learn. But conversely, maybe having less experience can allow him to make an easier transition to RT. I hope we get to see more of Dillard, but what little we saw didn't inspire a lot of confidence. Having Sewell would really solidify things for several years.

4 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Teams like a lot of positional flexibility so having guys able to move around would really be ideal. Mailata has so little football experience that maybe they would prefer to keep things simple for him and leave him at LT to learn. But conversely, maybe having less experience can allow him to make an easier transition to RT. I hope we get to see more of Dillard, but what little we saw didn't inspire a lot of confidence. Having Sewell would really solidify things for several years.

I think Dillard did ok at the left, just when he moved over to RT it was terrible. Now granted someone wrote a piece questioning his work ethic but as we all know not all these stories are actually based in fact. If I had to bet, I would put my money on "Stout will make him a really good LT." 😄

Yeah, Sewell would work for me too.

4 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Just my 2 cents - but Ertz was drafted in the second round while the Eagles still had Brent Celek, and Celek was released in Ertz 4th year.

It is not like the Eagles have not done this before.

The main difference is that the Eagles switched to Ertz quicker because he was a better player and Celek fell off quickly.

Good point, I guess it just didn't go as planned this time

On 3/31/2021 at 8:13 AM, Outlaw said:

R7P240- "Whop" Philyor, WR Indiana: Whop will be a slot guy at the pro level, but I think his true value comes as a returner prospect which the Birds desperately need.

If we snag him, Whop already gets my vote for Best Draft name in Eagles history along with Murderleg.

32 minutes ago, Madriver said:

If we snag him, Whop already gets my vote for Best Draft name in Eagles history along with Murderleg.

Kid loves him some Whoppers. 

36 minutes ago, Madriver said:

I think Murderleg will be safe as best ever nickname.  I don’t know how you top that.  

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Lazy.

31 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Lazy.

Oh. You know him. Can you also find out which way he puts the toilet paper roll on the holder? There’s only one right answer...over. 

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Oh. You know him. Can you also find out which way he puts the toilet paper roll on the holder? There’s only one right answer...over. 

Woah! Hang on a sec here!!

People still use the holder?? The correct way is to have it standing up on the back of the toilet or next to the sink if there’s room. 

I have a lot of respect for McShay ... I think he is one of the very best at what he does with his draft analyses.  And obviously these are nothing more than pieces based on gut feeling and speculation since they don't really know what the FOs are thinking.  But I have a hard time thinking, with likely 4 QBs going in the top 11 (possibly even 5), that of the other 5-6 players picked before our turn at 12 that it will include 4 WRs, a TE, and 2 CBs and no picks at OL or DL.  It very well could end up that way but I think the odds are quite a bit more in favor of that not happening.  Anyway, 27 days until we find out. 

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

But I have a hard time thinking, with likely 4 QBs going in the top 11 (possibly even 5), that of the other 5-6 players picked before our turn at 12 that it will include 4 WRs, a TE, and 2 CBs and no picks at OL or DL.  It very well could end up that way but I think the odds are quite a bit more in favor of that not happening.  Anyway, 27 days until we find out. 

Yeah I don't see it! Slater or Sewell (and quite possibly both) are going to go before we pick. I'm not sure any DL player goes though. 

On 4/1/2021 at 7:58 AM, weko said:

Nice draft.  I agree Horn should be the pick

I don't agree....a LB in the 6th? no way...we know the Eagles like to find their LBs at Costco..not in the draft😀

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I have a lot of respect for McShay ... I think he is one of the very best at what he does with his draft analyses.  And obviously these are nothing more than pieces based on gut feeling and speculation since they don't really know what the FOs are thinking.  But I have a hard time thinking, with likely 4 QBs going in the top 11 (possibly even 5), that of the other 5-6 players picked before our turn at 12 that it will include 4 WRs, a TE, and 2 CBs and no picks at OL or DL.  It very well could end up that way but I think the odds are quite a bit more in favor of that not happening.  Anyway, 27 days until we find out. 

This must be your first draft... 😛

Everyone is talking about McShay draft... He is such genius...Blah Blah. At 12 , according to McShay he has Penei Sewell still available. LOL. If Sewell is still there at 12..I am running to the podium screaming Sewell!!!. He is a bookend LT. Between all the other player we have..we will have a monster OL. With all the QBs taken... there will be talent available. We will see how it goes, but I feel very good about the first round.

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Watch him play. He takes plays off, doesn’t block well and runs sloppy routes. 

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Watch him play. He takes plays off, doesn’t block well and runs sloppy routes. 

For guys who played last year in a Covid season...I’m not shocked to see less than 100% effort. But even with "taking plays off” his 2020 stat line:

48 catches for 731 yds, 15.2 avg and 10 TD’s...in 7 games. His pro day very well may have bumped him to late R1 putting him out of our reach. 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:51 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is no thinking about it. That is what they drafted him for, at least that's what they tell us

Wouldn't there be some element of "Hurts is the backup plan to Wentz if this covid thing makes our offense simply too expensive and Wentz is financially impossible"

The Eagles are saving $100 Million over 4 years as it is, and the Eagles are close to the cap this year.  Removing Wentz allowed the Eagles to push a lot of salary into the future.

Maybe, when they selected him they had some idea that this would be the longest covid in history and that the governments would be taking unprecedented actions costing the teams tens of millions of dollars.  Maybe not.  Either way, it worked out very well, they have a running QB they can build around and they don't have to spend $100 and they might be getting a first rounder for him. 

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

That would be worst case scenario indeed - that trade down would really come back to bite Howie in the arse if that happened.  I'd imagine though that one of the DL would be in play ... either Paye, Rosseau, or Barmore.  If that happened I probably wouldn't be against trading down a bit further hoping to pick up another team's 2022 2nd for doing so and maybe grab Bateman or one of those DL later.  

I'd take Oweh at 12 unless the Eagles thought that Penn State was cheating at pro day.

I really don't care that much about how well he played in college.  I'd make a cursory look to see if how he played was considered good, or bad.  I'd see,  first team all Big 10,  and say,  good enough for me.   And then I'd look extremely closely at physical measurements and pro day testing.   And his numbers are amazing, the best this year.  257 pounds and 4.37 40 and everything else great.   At many positions he's a 10/10 RAS,   Linebacker,  Tight End.  And Defensive End , Strong Safety, Free Safety,  Cornerback, he's 9.91 or better.  Physically, he's capable of playing all those positions.   He could simply be a DE/EDGE  pass rusher,  but the Eagles might find that they want him to take care of whatever the most difficult task might be.  Tracking down a running QB from a LB spot,  covering their top TE or big WR.  He's a 10/10 RAS Tight End,  Quarterback, Fullback.   As pure Weapon on offense,  simple, easy plays, get it to the 50 pounds more than Chase but with the same pro day numbers guy.  That's a "matchup nightmare" guy.   So, maybe he plays DE / pass rusher,  but maybe he also takes a pitch or handoff and runs outside, maybe he acts as a big red zone threat, catching passes in the end zone where you want size.  And, in time, they find out the best place on defense for him to play. 

He just seems to have the highest ceiling, and first team all big 10 seems like a pretty good floor.   He's more raw than the average football player, just started playing junior year in high school,  which means that he gets better.  He was catching TD passes in high school,  so he wouldn't be learning how to catch.

Taking a WR from Alabama who Hurts works well with is an option.  Taking the best available CB where CB is definitely a top need is an option.   But when you compare the numbers of the proposed CB or the possible WRs,  you'll see that Oweh is often faster, quicker, more explosive,  even ignoring Owehs 50 pound size advantage. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62S0vz_iXJ8 oweh td catch at 1:34 and catch at 7:17

On 4/2/2021 at 9:15 AM, Traveler Vic said:

Everyone is talking about McShay draft... He is such genius...Blah Blah. At 12 , according to McShay he has Penei Sewell still available. LOL. If Sewell is still there at 12..I am running to the podium screaming Sewell!!!. He is a bookend LT. Between all the other player we have..we will have a monster OL. With all the QBs taken... there will be talent available. We will see how it goes, but I feel very good about the first round.

Calling it now: Sewell in the top 5, easy. But if we could get him...OMG...

Archived