ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

37 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I provide you facts, you just talk out of your butt. I'll say it again. BB has not DRAFTED a single pro bowler for the past 6 years!! 

How many SB's has he won has he won in the past 6 years? 

If you want to stretch those 6 years out to 8 years he's won 3, 2 of them in the past 6 years, so.......

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Putting people on the ignore list is for little girls.

Not for me it's not, I can't tolerate stupidity.

BTW, you're long overdue for me to put you on my ignore list, the next time you post anything about FE it's a done deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

How many SB's has he won has he won in the past 6 years? 

If you want to stretch those 6 years out to 8 years he's won 3, 2 of them in the past 6 years, so.......

What does that have to do with drafting pro bowlers? 

Just now, Portyansky said:

What does that have to do with drafting pro bowlers? 

What does pro bowlers have to do with winning Super Bowls?

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

What does pro bowlers have to do with winning Super Bowls?

You brought up BB and his drafted players. I told you he hasn't drafted a pro bowl player in 6 years. Again,  I speak facts, you just type . Still you can't admit the player you wanted at 12 was a reach.

14 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Not for me it's not, I can't tolerate stupidity.

BTW, you're long overdue for me to put you on my ignore list, the next time you post anything about FE it's a done deal.

Awww…just please don’t tell your mom on me, ok? I don’t want you to get me in tuh-tuh-twouble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

You brought up BB and his drafted players. I told you he hasn't drafted a pro bowl player in 6 years. Again,  I speak facts, you just type . Still you can't admit the player you wanted at 12 was a reach.

3 SuperBowl championships in 8 years with players that BB drafted are facts also, seems to me being a pro bowler has nothing to do with achieving the goal that every player plays for. 

You see, the pro bowl is largely a popularity contest, the vote of the fans play a huge role in who's determined to make it.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Jacoby Stevens interview he said the toughest player he had to cover in 2020 is Devonta Smith. He said he's glad he's on his his team. Just an opinion from someone who has played against him. 

I remember watching a highlight video of Smith like a month ago. There was a clip of one of the commentators saying a longtime defensive coordinator in the SEC said DeVonta is the best receiver he’s ever seen. It’s in this video, 4:15 mark.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, vaff said:

I remember watching a highlight video of Smith like a month ago. There was a clip of one of the commentators saying a longtime defensive coordinator in the SEC said DeVonta is the best receiver he’s ever seen. It’s in this video, 4:15 mark.

He's special, really special. His route running is elite.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

False.  I have the screen shots of what you posted after that BS.  Will dig them out tomorrow fraud.

Caught in his lies as usual. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Caught in his lies as usual. 

It’s fun catching him in lies. 

• Like 1

For some who wanted us to draft Micah Parsons at 12, Here's a video of our new RB Gainwell knocking the snot out of him.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Dunta Robinson changed the career path of D-Jax with one big hit. I just don't want Smith to suffer the same fate. 

Concussions will happen to anyone no matter their size. Your bulk will not at all protect you from a concussion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Concussions will happen to anyone no matter their size. Your bulk will not at all protect you from a concussion. 

He stole his courage. That was the issue.

57 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Well hopefully we don't have any more crappy QBs that lead our receivers into getting lit up too

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Not true. 

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not true. 

Hie route running changed. Before the hit he went inside on shallow crosses with regularity. After the hit, he rarely went in there. Andy changed the routes to better protect him and he disappeared for games at a time. He'd beat you deep or he didn't really exist much. That was the result I saw.

48 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well hopefully we don't have any more crappy QBs that lead our receivers into getting lit up too

I think play calling can help. I always worry about a skinny guy going across the middle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeVonta Smith tells <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWIP?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SportsRadioWIP</a> that Jalen Hurts was "happy” and "screaming” on the phone with him after he got drafted by the Eagles.</p>&mdash; Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1388101728969662465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yikes, that did not embed well.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yikes, that did not embed well.

Sorry about that, still a bit of a rookie with social media.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Sorry about that, still a bit of a rookie with social media.

No biggie. I still have trouble at times trying to remember how to post a tweet. I learned it before, but have since forgotten. I generally don't follow any twitter feeds anyway, at least not ones I'd post here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Definitely not the type of pants he should be wearing. Its so bad, that looks fake

I wish it was fake 😂 

I’ve seen thicker thighs on a Costco chicken 

• Haha 1

Just now, DBW said:

I wish it was fake 😂 

I’ve seen thicker thighs on a Costco chicken 

Like the famous Replacements kicker, he’s "wiry.” Yes he’s skinny. We all know it but the kid is nothing but muscle, sinew, toughness and hands down the best route runner I’ve ever seen play in college.