ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

36 minutes ago, vaff said:

He’s played everywhere on the offensive line. Also, Seumalo is a good player.

And Dickerson could be a pro bowl player if he stays healthy. He's an upgrade.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And Dickerson could be a pro bowl player if he stays healthy. He's an upgrade.

Hopefully. People just seem to act like Seumalo is a scrub, when he’s a pretty good player.

8 minutes ago, vaff said:

Hopefully. People just seem to act like Seumalo is a scrub, when he’s a pretty good player.

He's pretty good, he's solid enough but he's not a pro bowl calibre player is all I'm saying. Dickerson could be. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

We got SMITH!!!

Still so happy!

:Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley:

I admit, I’m pretty pumped from day 1 and 2. Have a lot of favorites I’m crossing my fingers for today, mainly CBs, a couple RBs, and some LBs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

We got the best C, actually o-lineman in the game. He will have 1 year to learn from Kelce, and work on his strength and conditioning. This kid is an absolute monster! They have given Hurts 2 familiar pieces to the puzzle.... the guy that gives him the ball and the guy Hurts gives the ball to.

Howie so far has absolutely nailed this draft.

Agree on the Smith..Totally disagree on Dickerson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jacksons injuries were never because of his light frame. They were mostly all soft tissue injuries. 

I like Smith. I like that he played with Hurts previously. Only time will show his durability...But I would feel a lot more comfortable with Smith if he put on at least 10 more pounds of muscle. Let's hope that is the case.

• Like 1

I find it very interesting that you can't find a 40 time on Smith.

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Much rather have a first next year than a 3rd this year. You’re clown shoes bro. 

We already had the 1st before trading away the 3rd.......and I'm the clown?

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He's fast, don't worry.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

He's fast, don't worry.

He should have proved it, don't be surprised if he runs in the 4.42 - 4.46 range which ain't much to talk about when talking speed for a WR.

Just now, EagleVA said:

He should have proved it, don't be surprised if he runs in the 4.42 - 4.46 range which ain't much to talk about when talking speed for a WR.

What, having a bad feeling about Smith? *chuckle*

21 hours ago, Portyansky said:

So I present to you solid points and you turn into a child. You may be a child so I would understand. But if you can't admit Barmore would be a reach at 12, you're hopeless. 

I see the Barmore criticism stopped after The Man selected him, and I'd bet if Jones weren't there in the first he would have selected him with pick 15.

Make no mistake about it, under Belichick, I'll never hear another word about wanting him at 12. 

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

I see the Barmore criticism stopped after The Man selected him, and I'd bet if Jones weren't there in the first he would have selected him with pick 15.

Make no mistake about it, under Belichick, I'll never hear another word about wanting him at 12. 

The Man caught some justified flak for his drafting and the performance of his draft picks the past years. The days where everyone turned out good for him are long gone.

11 minutes ago, Infam said:

The Man caught some justified flak for his drafting and the performance of his draft picks the past years. The days where everyone turned out good for him are long gone.

With Jones, Barmore, and R. Stevenson he's making a killing this year. 

28 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You talking about Bill B? Between 2015 and last year he has selected 53 players and I believe non were pro bowlers. Barmore was a reach in round 1 as many teams have shown you, thank God you're not the GM.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

We already had the 1st before trading away the 3rd.......and I'm the clown?

Again, you can’t see a macro view of everything being in conjunction. Piss off…right into your tinfoil hat, weirdo. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Have you watched his Highlight tape? 

45 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

His game isn't based on just speed. He's not Desean Jackson. He's more Marvin Harrison.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

His game isn't based on just speed. He's not Desean Jackson. He's more Marvin Harrison.

First of all, I'm not saying he's gonna be a garbage player, he should do well in the NFL, my comp for him is Stefon Diggs, he was a 4.46 guy.

My point was surrendering a 3rd round pick to move up two spots to get him was a bad move, there were many WRs still on the board that were every bit as good as Smith.

As I posted before, there are types of WRs, the type the Eagles needed was a field stretcher where the corner covering him would always need need over the top help, I don't think Smith is that type of WR.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

there were many WRs still on the board that were every bit as good as Smith.

😂

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Again, you can’t see a macro view of everything being in conjunction. Piss off…right into your tinfoil hat, weirdo. 

Seems to me the macro view was to see how they can F-Up another draft.

Yeah, I'm a tinfoil hat weirdo because I think for myself, unfortunately you don't have the intelligence to think for yourself, you let the so-called authorities tell you what to think, you're pathetic!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

First of all, I'm not saying he's gonna be a garbage player, he should do well in the NFL, my comp for him is Stefon Diggs, he was a 4.46 guy.

My point was surrendering a 3rd round pick to move up two spots to get him was a bad move, there were many WRs still on the board that were every bit as good as Smith.

As I posted before, there are types of WRs, the type the Eagles needed was a field stretcher where the corner covering him would always need need over the top help, I don't think Smith is that type of WR.

So you would rather have the Giants Draft him and select another WR? Like Who? At 12.

33 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

You talking about Bill B? Between 2015 and last year he has selected 53 players and I believe non were pro bowlers. Barmore was a reach in round 1 as many teams have shown you, thank God you're not the GM.

Gotcha, Bill B, the greatest coach in NFL history is a poor player personnel guy.........you're a damn fool for suggesting so.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

He did prove it, against Top Corners in the SEC. Just ask the coaches who had to plan against him or talk to players who had to defend him. There is a reason he won the Heisman Trophy, is the all time leading receiver in Alabama history, and won a National Championship. He catches the ball in traffic, he highpoints the ball, he beats defenders off the line and runs by them. 

This is the player they wanted and had to trade up to get him.

• Like 1