ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Moreover, when you have a WR that can get deep to where over-the-top help is needed, you're opening up the field for others, advantage offense, if you're WRs don't demand double coverage, advantage defense.

lol. Offense isn't as simple as that. Teams can have all the Ted Ginn's, Cordarrelle Patterson's, and Taylor Gabriel's in the world, but they aren't opening up much if they can't catch a ball or run anything other than a go route.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I find it very interesting that you can't find a 40 time on Smith.

Who cares about 40 time. They did that last year in the draft. Love the Smith pick, all he did was produce and I may be wrong but thought I read he only dropped 3 total passes. He will probably gain some weight but glad we got him. 

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

He should have proved it, don't be surprised if he runs in the 4.42 - 4.46 range which ain't much to talk about when talking speed for a WR.

All I could find is that at Alabama he was clocked between 4.3-4.5. 

Funny thing is we've had crap for years so that if he ends up just being dependable on catching the ball he'll be loved by all

Nick said he expects him to play everything but I kind of hope they don't put him in as a returner just yet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

All I could find is that at Alabama he was clocked between 4.3-4.5. 

I saw that also but that range is unheard of, I'm thinking he's in the low to mid 4.4s.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

I saw that also but that range is unheard of, I'm thinking he's in the low to mid 4.4s.

Perhaps. But he has such a crisp route running skills..that people used to call in the old times  "He is more quick than fast". Overall a player that can be plugged in right away and contribute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Overall a player that can be plugged in right away and contribute.

I agree.

21 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You've called me a jelly bean in the past, and today you've called me a dumb arse, and now too stupid.

I get the feeling you're not taking our friendship as seriously as I am.

Probably did what he did with @downundermike used the option to read the post and ended up actually taking him off ignore. Then reported him. 

Either that or you really are messing with people's settings!! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Probably did what he did with @downundermike used the option to read the post and ended up actually taking him off ignore. Then reported him. 

I wish I had that ability. 

First of all, I'm not saying he's gonna be a garbage player, he should do well in the NFL, my comp for him is Stefon Diggs, he was a 4.46 guy.

My point was surrendering a 3rd round pick to move up two spots to get him was a bad move, there were many WRs still on the board that were every bit as good as Smith.

As I posted before, there are types of WRs, the type the Eagles needed was a field stretcher where the corner covering him would always need need over the top help, I don't think Smith is that type of WR.

There was a clear drop off after Chase, Smith, Waddle. What, you taking Bateman at 12? Your hot takes are always hot turds. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wussbrook, your response above to Jellybean I can see, that's what happened with TheClownDownUnder, I read his post that was quoted by someone else and reported the clown.

I've posted this to you several times, what is it about this reply that's over your head? 

Oh never mind, I'll be putting you on ignore shortly, I'm tired of seeing your emoji replies, never anything to say, just an emoji......no worries, I understand, getting backslapped probably doesn't feel so good.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

If he can take the NFL pounding, love the pick.

If he can stretch the opposing defense...We will have a running game next year. Me happy.

• Like 1

Jacoby Stevens interview he said the toughest player he had to cover in 2020 is Devonta Smith. He said he's glad he's on his his team. Just an opinion from someone who has played against him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The kid is going to own almost all of the Eagles receiving records by the end of his second contract.  He will be chasing all time NFL record by the end of his career. Especially in this 17 game season era. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The kid is going to own almost all of the Eagles receiving records by the end of his second contract.  He will be chasing all time NFL record by the end of his career. Especially in this 17 game season era. 

If he can stay healthy. The kid checks every box but one and he can check that one too himself over time. I am extremely hopeful for him. 

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If he can stay healthy. The kid checks every box but one and he can check that one too himself over time. I am extremely hopeful for him. 

I have no concerns about his health.  No reason to have any. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I have no concerns about his health.  No reason to have any. 

Dunta Robinson changed the career path of D-Jax with one big hit. I just don't want Smith to suffer the same fate. 

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Gotcha, Bill B, the greatest coach in NFL history is a poor player personnel guy.........you're a damn fool for suggesting so.

I provide you facts, you just talk out of your butt. I'll say it again. BB has not DRAFTED a single pro bowler for the past 6 years!! 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Dude....don’t be skipping leg day!  

9D34CD30-543F-4D6A-B01B-859CB2D88EF4.png

Definitely not the type of pants he should be wearing. Its so bad, that looks fake

Wussbrook, your response above to Jellybean I can see, that's what happened with TheClownDownUnder, I read his post that was quoted by someone else and reported the clown.

I've posted this to you several times, what is it about this reply that's over your head? 

Oh never mind, I'll be putting you on ignore shortly, I'm tired of seeing your emoji replies, never anything to say, just an emoji......no worries, I understand, getting backslapped probably doesn't feel so good.

Putting people on the ignore list is for little girls.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

False.  I have the screen shots of what you posted after that BS.  Will dig them out tomorrow fraud.