**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I love the shot distribution among our starters tonight. 

15 for Harris

15 for Embiid

16 for Maxey

12 for Curry (would like a few more)

6 for Thybulle

Thats perfect for Thybulle. You dont want him taking many. But you dont want him completely out of the game. Half of his attempts were from 3 so he made the defense account for him at least a little bit.

The craziest stat is that he only had 9 free throw attempts before tonight's game 

2 hours ago, West_Philly said:

Are we actually paying Simmons right now?

I believe the last time that was discussed, yes he is getting paid

8 hours ago, Mat said:

From down double digits to up double digits

I was just looking at the box a few times last night.  Didn't watch.  It seemed like that Yursteven guy was dominating Embiid. He had a double double and Embiid was like 3-12 shooting.

Next thing you know,  6ers made the comeback and Embiid has another 30 point game. 

He must have put on a show in the 2nd half. 

This is now the second game in a row where the refs were missing blatant calls for Joel. Instead of crying to them like Tobi does 10 times a game, he goes on about his business. You can see the determination on his face. He turns the anger into competitive drive. I think he is taking his game to yet another level. 

• Like 1

from Maxey’s post-game interview from Friday night

:roll: :roll: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Khani1 said:

This is now the second game in a row where the refs were missing blatant calls for Joel. Instead of crying to them like Tobi does 10 times a game, he goes on about his business. You can see the determination on his face. He turns the anger into competitive drive. I think he is taking his game to yet another level. 

Both are relevant. If you don't have someone who is vocalizing an issue weaker individuals won't even be aware that it is an issue.

I was thinking this earlier today and didnt post. Now I read a Pompey tweet " Sixers just beat the Eastern Conference's second place Heat 109-98. They beat the first place Bulls twice. And beat the 3rd place Nets."

The way Joel is playing currently, these guys can compete with anyone. They may not win a series, but theyll be competitive with anyone. 

I really feel that if Morey just got over himself and traded Ben for a reasonable package (doesnt need to be a super star) to improve this team they can be legitimate contenders. He needs to get something done. 

8 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

from Maxey’s post-game interview from Friday night

:roll: :roll: 

Seriously could he be any more wholesome. 

sucks that they have allowed themselves to get smoked by Washington.

Washington's starters sucked but their bench dominated. Not nearly enough from Curry, Harris, or Kork. But a Simmons trade could fix that in an instant.

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1642440576456.thumb.jpg.22b9bb194c845f6f470693ffaa91d8fb.jpg

🤣

LeBron will never win another title. He decided to ride with Russ and he played himself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

LeBron will never win another title. He decided to ride with Russ and he played himself 

I love all of these Lakers blogs coming up with trade ideas where they get Ben Simmons and other pieces and the rest of the teams get dog crap. 

It's hilarious how delusional they are 

• Like 2

Stein has spoken with executives and has some intriguing insight into what Sixers President of Basketball Operations Daryl Morey might be thinking as the deadline approaches:

"Perhaps [Embiid] has also been sold on a concept that executives with a growing number of rival teams say they see as Morey's new preferred scenario: Keeping Simmons beyond the trade deadline to exhaust every last possibility for executing a complicated sign-and-trade in the offseason that finally brings James Harden to Philadelphia and routes Simmons to Brooklyn.

"Complicated is a polite description for such a deal [...] Yet it must be noted that there is enough noise circulating leaguewide about Harden's reported openness to relocation this summer -- after he turned down a lucrative extension from the Nets in October -- to give Morey the encouragement he needs to wait."

I just see Harden coming here and signing the biggest albatross contract in Philadelphia sports history 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I just see Harden coming here and signing the biggest albatross contract in Philadelphia sports history 

Yes, but the girls at Delilah's are thrilled and waiting in anticipation!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2