**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Tobias Harris to their trade discussions of Ben Simmons, according to Brian Windhorst and Marc J. Spears of ESPN.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Tobias Harris to their trade discussions of Ben Simmons, according to Brian Windhorst and Marc J. Spears of ESPN.

1223136951_cannaboner2.gif.8ae25035d2ce8844335391e7bc922ab2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Using Simmons to get out from the Harris contract makes a ton of sense but attaching a negative asset like Tobias will reduce any expected return. Really hope this happens.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Toe-bias Harris to their trade discussions

fyp

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

fyp

He could be on the block both because he sucks and because Morey knows the fanbase can no longer stand Kate calling him Toe Toe.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The return package might be even worse if have to attach Harris

Most likely but the best shot of a chance at a ring is by removing both of those guys from the roster.  The sooner, the better.  We aren't a championship caliber team this year even if we make a major trade.

• Like 1

sixers are last in the entire league in rebounding....tobi at pf kills them on the boards. i'd be thrilled if morey is able to move him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

sixers are last in the entire league in rebounding....tobi at pf kills them on the boards. i'd be thrilled if morey is able to move him. 

Having Ben’s size and rebounding at the PG position made up for that but you are certainly not replacing that aspect of Ben’s game in a trade for a wing or guard. 

Just now, Shepard Wong said:

Having Ben’s size and rebounding at the PG position made up for that but you are certainly not replacing that aspect of Ben’s game in a trade for a wing or guard. 

usa_today_17075888.0.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

usa_today_17075888.0.jpg

Can he and Maxey play together?  They seem to be similar in style.  Maybe Maxey can become the shooter of the two.

Edit:

Wow he is averaging 8.3 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game?  Holy ****!

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

yep. as much as ben sucks, they miss his rebounding & defense...and those are 2 areas tobi sucks at. 

Just now, Khani1 said:

Can he and Maxey play together?  They seem to be similar in style.  Maybe Maxey can become the shooter of the two.

Maxey is best off ball anyhow. @mr_huntand I have been saying he is a Colin Sexton, Lou Williams type at his best.

Take away his responsibilities to run can offense and he will flourish. 

• Like 2

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Maxey is best off ball anyhow. @mr_huntand I have been saying he is a Colin Sexton, Lou Williams type at his best.

Take away his responsibilities to run can offense and he will flourish. 

I just edited my posted.  Murrays rpg and apg are insane!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I just edited my posted.  Murrays rpg and apg are insane!

He is borderline All Star this year and his defense is legit legit. At 2.1 steals and his assist to turnover ratio is crazy at 3.6/1. Ben's best year was 2.4/1. Murray is 6'4" with a 6'10" wingspan so he can cause havoc on the perimeter. 

Sixers probably could have gotten him in the summer and not sure now. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He is borderline All Star this year and his defense is legit legit. At 2.1 steals and his assist to turnover ratio is crazy at 3.6/1. Ben's best year was 2.4/1. Murray is 6'4" with a 6'10" wingspan so he can cause havoc on the perimeter. 

Sixers probably could have gotten him in the summer and not sure now. 

I woke up in a good mood and after reading this, it is making me pissy lol.  I hate Ben.  I freaking hate him!

The moment passed re: Murray. Just too risky of a trade for SAS at this point to move him for Ben with all of his red flags and warts. 

One step back (wagering Bens value in a deal to shed Tobias) for two steps forward (signing max contract balla this coming offseason) is the path now. Also addition by subtraction in getting off of the Ben contract and being able to have actual players fill the void will help. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The return package might be even worse if have to attach Harris

I’m guessing the reason they added Harris is that they are attempting to try to get some peripheral pieces but really some expiring contracts at the end of this year or next year so that in FA this year they have a max contract to either sign someone or use expiring contracts in a trade for a max player in a sign and trade.  

otherwise with 2 years left after this year, Harris adds very little value to any trade with Simmons. 

• Like 1

Assume toe bias and Ben wouldn’t end up in the same place. Wonder how many 1sts we’d have to attach to get anything decent in return 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

The Hawks saw first-hand how Simmons crumbles under pressure… I’d think of all teams they’d want nothing to do with him.