**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, good, I may need to use that right at some point.  Good to know it is there if I ever need it.

There’s a former (now banned) EMB poster who has a burner account on twitter he uses to troll Tom McCarthy.  Honestly, that’s who I think of when people are criticizing Philly announcers.

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Btw, this will come as bad news for you, Doc

Makes sense with Klay back and they are good teams. 

Grizzlies got moved to 4 national TV games next month 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Makes sense with Klay back and they are good teams. 

Grizzlies got moved to 4 national TV games next month 

• Like 1

Grizzlies front office has put some work in the last 2-3 years. Smartest of all Ja Morant is at 31.8 mpg for his career. Trying to make him last. 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:26 AM, John Blutarski said:

I can't listen to her voice anymore. I'm at the point of muting the TV. Horrible. Disclaimer: this doesn't mean i'm anti woke/LGBT/etc. Just means she's horrible and her voice grates on me like a cheese grater to my skin.

Sync with the radio broadcast

• Like 1

The same people who say "just listen to the radio broadcast" are the same people who cry and try to cancel/boycott/destroy any business or celebrity who holds an opinion contrary to their beliefs. 

It has nothing to do with her gender or sexual orientation.... I just think she sucks.  

If she was a white man, nobody would even be defending her.... Stop with the white knight BS 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Poor Minnesota. They just dont have anyone that anyone would want unless theyre gonna start offering Edwards.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says '2:10 ← Thread Windy: "From what understand the Wolves have offered pretty much every asset package they could possibly offer for Ben Simmons except for Anthony Edwards and Karl Towns. So you can assume that every player and every available draft pick has been offered." SK.R SKOR North @SKORNorth 4h Episode 374 of The Scoop w/ @DWolfsonKSTP! Guests: -ESPN's @WindhorstESPN talks #Timberwolves -#Gophers football transfer commit sbx2.. SKOR NORTH SKORNORTH.COM SCOOP w/ DARREN "DOOGIE" WOLFSON 1:50 PM 09 Jan22 Twitter for Phone Tweet your reply'

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Deadline approaching. I guess Vin decided its time to start dropping Foshbombs

I’d do it straight up, but I wonder how many picks it would take.

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I’d do it straight up, but I wonder how many picks it would take.

its not true. Vin is a fraud

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

Grizzlies front office has put some work in the last 2-3 years. Smartest of all Ja Morant is at 31.8 mpg for his career. Trying to make him last. 

We are a deep deep team. A really good FO that doesn't always pick guys with upside and potential. 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dave Moss said:

I don’t mind her voice.  It’s fine.  Maybe it sounds different to you because it has to cross an ocean.  :fishing:

Anyway, last night’s Eagles game was pretty bad and there’s been a lot of criticism on social media because the Eagles were playing all backups and the announcers were saying stuff like

Also:

That’s bad announcing

They were terrible. Griese sounded like every other horrible ex jock they try to throw into an announcing role. Few are good at it. Romo and Aikman are exceptions. 

It isn't Kate Scott's voice so much as her mannerisms. Its hard to put my finger on it, but "TOE-Bias" is a good example. Her excitement comes off as fake and annoying. She also doesn't really bring much to the broadcasts. There's nothing insightful or interesting about how she calls the games. At times she also gets calls wrong. The other night she didn't seem like she knew the difference between a charge and a block. Alaa politely corrected her.  In short she isn't the worst announcer in the world, but she's far from good. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gannan said:

They were terrible. Griese sounded like every other horrible ex jock they try to throw into an announcing role. Few are good at it. Romo and Aikman are exceptions. 

It isn't Kate Scott's voice so much as her mannerisms. Its hard to put my finger on it, but "TOE-Bias" is a good example. Her excitement comes off as fake and annoying. She also doesn't really bring much to the broadcasts. There's nothing insightful or interesting about how she calls the games. At times she also gets calls wrong. The other night she didn't seem like she knew the difference between a charge and a block. Alaa politely corrected her.  In short she isn't the worst announcer in the world, but she's far from good. 

I was reading replies to her tweet where folks were telling her they turn the game off when she’s announcing.  :roll:  I’m not saying she’s a good announcer - I think it’s hilarious that people get so worked up about it.  The Toe-bias thing is funny at this point.  I mean, I thought we were laughing about it more than anything.  I don’t really think Alaa is a great analyst either, but as I said earlier - that might be partially because I hate Duke.  I hated Billy King too…

• Like 1

Holy smokes.  Team meetings?  Can this be true?  I would love to be in a film study with Ben sitting there. 

Doc: "Tyrese, after that hand-off you should've slashed to this wide open baseline or curl to the corner and wait for the possible kick out.  What do you think Ben?"

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

• Haha 6

Easy win against the Rockets in Houston.

Next two are Charlotte and Boston at home.

First things first, let's reel in the Nets.  They lost to a Portland team tonight without CJ, Dame, Nance Jr and Norman Powell.   We're now just 2 games back of the Nets.

image.png.807c2fb0180373ce3082580f1754bd30.png

34 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

First things first, let's reel in the Nets.  They lost to a Portland team tonight without CJ, Dame, Nance Jr and Norman Powell.   We're now just 2 games back of the Nets.

image.png.807c2fb0180373ce3082580f1754bd30.png

The thing that’s weird is the sixers 8-8 home record. Legitimately since that hawks playoff series, the sixers have not been anywhere close to what they have been at home prior to it. 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The thing that’s weird is the sixers 8-8 home record. Legitimately since that hawks playoff series, the sixers have not been anywhere close to what they have been at home prior to it. 

That's because our fans suck, we are unsupportive and mean!  LMAO