**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

To me the difference is Hawks had a lot of guys that were the same age and same position. They still thinking about that next deal.

Where Buddy and Barnes are 29 already and having played in a dumpster fire for a few years they might just care about winning. 

Barnes and Green are expirings next year at a combined 28 million so they have some cap flexibility as well. 

I don't disagree and if they throw in 2 firsts it is a good/very good deal.  I just don't know it gets us that championship.  

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I don't disagree and if they throw in 2 firsts it is a good/very good deal.  I just don't know it gets us that championship.  

Embiid keeps this up, anything is really possible. 

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Have you seen them play recently? That is a really good team and they just got Bam back. 

They are now tied for 1st in the East. 

I’m not nearly as impressed with them as you are. 

36 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm also don't think Thybulle is part of the deal so he starts because you added two 38-40% 3p shooters

ECF and defeated to the Heat or Bucks 

The nice thing about that deal is is that in the off-season you have Harrison Barnes as an expiring contract at 18.3 million. So you could still do a sign and trade to get another piece in here. Plus you a contract like hield to match salary as well as to try and make it work. 

And if you do it before the deadline, you have time to flip one of those contracts plus picks or young players for someone else in a smaller trade if there is someone worth acquiring.

16 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

And if you do it before the deadline, you have time to flip one of those contracts plus picks or young players for someone else in a smaller trade if there is someone worth acquiring.

Shake Milton for a Cory Joseph type. A guy that isn't special but can run an offense 

47 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I’m not nearly as impressed with them as you are. 

What? Spolestra is the best coach in the league, they are deep as crap, can shoot the 3 ball, Herro is a 6th man of the year candidate, got two vets that want to win more than anything, and Bam who is special. 

The Heat are legit contender. 

35 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The nice thing about that deal is is that in the off-season you have Harrison Barnes as an expiring contract at 18.3 million. So you could still do a sign and trade to get another piece in here. Plus you a contract like hield to match salary as well as to try and make it work. 

And Danny Green at 10 million 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And Danny Green at 10 million 

Also a good point. i think morey’s goal is somehow getting James harden this offseason. 

Wouldn't it be a pisser if the Sixers never trade Simmons before the end of the season AND wind up winning the title?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Stole this one from a website

A1EB49EC-4F52-45F6-8AA2-7B61DBC71912.jpeg

What would we do with Tristan Thompson though?

We would need a 4. Barnes going to LA isn't smart.  We are just left with Niang.

18 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Stole this one from a website

A1EB49EC-4F52-45F6-8AA2-7B61DBC71912.jpeg

Horrible trade. Not even the Kings are that dumb to take on Russ contract. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Horrible trade. Not even the Kings are that dumb to take on Russ contract. 

Agree with this.  We're already hoping they are dumb enough to take on Tobi's contract.  Expecting them to take Russ' contract on top of that? Even the Kings aren't that stupid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

we'd need a stretch 4 in a tobi deal...and bagley ain't it!  :lol:   

That’s what the article was saying to do. 

https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-trade-rumors/a-blockbuster-mega-3-team-trade-idea-ben-simmons-and-russell-westbrook-to-kings-deaaron-fox-to-sixers-harrison-barnes-to-lakers

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I loved haliburton the year he came out. I still can’t believe he fell to the kings at 12. Was ridiculous cause i thought he was better than some of the guys who went before him. 

Same thing happened with Maxey 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

No team should want Russ. He hasn't changed as a player in a decade, isn't a winning basketball player, owed 47 million next year. 

Heck, he was benched the other day for Monk.

I would trust @JayEcho more than this site to make a trade and he is dummy. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No team should want Russ. He hasn't changed as a player in a decade, isn't a winning basketball player, owed 47 million next year. 

Heck, he was benched the other day for Monk.

I would trust @JayEcho more than this site to make a trade and he is dummy. 

I agree. I just wanted to see your guys reactions. 

from realgm:

Insider on KANGZ board says Simmons for Fox deal is close, expect it to go down in the coming days. McNair will move on if not, so it’s in Morey’s court.

• Like 1

No idea if it is true but if it is, I guess that means Tobias is gone too?  If so, he should be scratched tonight right?

yeah, it's some rando on the realgm kings board:

As I updated a bit ago just today . Looks very promising a Simmons trade will get done . Though as of now a package would include Fox . We are talking other paths with no Fox or Hali . So Yes that is very possible as well .

no idea if he's credible...but most aren't. :lol:  

• Like 1