**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

from realgm:

Insider on KANGZ board says Simmons for Fox deal is close, expect it to go down in the coming days. McNair will move on if not, so it’s in Morey’s court.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

No idea if it is true but if it is, I guess that means Tobias is gone too?  If so, he should be scratched tonight right?

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, it's some rando on the realgm kings board:

no idea if he's credible...but most aren't. :lol:  

Morey specifically mentioned the Kings saying there are packages with the Kings that could get it done.

Clearly with as many times as reports have popped up linking us and the Kings, theres been negotiations. 

All the posturing on twitter. The kings will include fox. they wont. They will include haliburton. They wont.  The two sides seem to have been talking for so long now. It feels like if any trade is to be made, its going to be a Kings deal.

Morey also said they dont necessarily need a top 30 player because of how well Joel is playing. Could expand the list to a top 40. Conceivably, Fox could be included in the expanded list making a Kings deal suddenly more likely than it was before. 

I tend to believe a deal could be close. But, we will see. 

• Like 2

I re-read the post. I dont actually believe its any closer than it has been in the past few days. 

The dude says a deal is close, ball in Morey's court or else the Kings will move on.

Thats pretty much where we have been. Theres been the report of a kings offer, that the 6ers have declined.

Kind of feels like the Kings are now saying take it or leave it we are moving on.

I dont think Morey gives in. So maybe no deal.

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Morey specifically mentioned the Kings saying there are packages with the Kings that could get it done.

Clearly with as many times as reports have popped up linking us and the Kings, theres been negotiations. 

All the posturing on twitter. The kings will include fox. they wont. They will include haliburton. They wont.  The two sides seem to have been talking for so long now. It feels like if any trade is to be made, its going to be a Kings deal.

Morey also said they dont necessarily need a top 30 player because of how well Joel is playing. Could expand the list to a top 40. Conceivably, Fox could be included in the expanded list making a Kings deal suddenly more likely than it was before. 

I tend to believe a deal could be close. But, we will see. 

I totally disagree........the Kings need/want to make the playoffs, they are desperate to do so.......I'll take Haliburton (or Fox), Hield and Barnes plus 2 first round picks for Simmons, Thybulle and Harris.  How in god's name is that a "Kings Deal"?  I'd giggle til passing out......

• Like 2

People forget how good Fox was last year. I think one of of guys after the All Star break to avg over 25ppg a game 

He was 6th on Top 25 under 25 just 8 months ago. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31198084/nba-best-25-25-ranking-young-stars-future-potential

Fox is one of only seven players in the NBA averaging at least 24 points and 7 assists per game as the leader of a Kings franchise that finally appears headed in the right direction.

As I outlined last year, the game has slowed down for Fox -- he's striking that balance between using his blazing speed and taking what the defense gives him. According to Second Spectrum data, Fox generates the fifth-most points per chance on drives. He's also posting a 70% effective field goal percentage on shots in the restricted area.

Once he can get his 3-ball above league average, Fox will be close to unguardable. -- Schmitz

30 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

People forget how good Fox was last year. I think one of of guys after the All Star break to avg over 25ppg a game 

He was 6th on Top 25 under 25 just 8 months ago. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31198084/nba-best-25-25-ranking-young-stars-future-potential

Fox is one of only seven players in the NBA averaging at least 24 points and 7 assists per game as the leader of a Kings franchise that finally appears headed in the right direction.

As I outlined last year, the game has slowed down for Fox -- he's striking that balance between using his blazing speed and taking what the defense gives him. According to Second Spectrum data, Fox generates the fifth-most points per chance on drives. He's also posting a 70% effective field goal percentage on shots in the restricted area.

Once he can get his 3-ball above league average, Fox will be close to unguardable. -- Schmitz

I suspect the Kings have offered, as reported, Hali, Hield, Barnes and 2 1sts for Ben, Harris, and Thybulle. 

And the reason a deal isn't done is Morey wants Fox instead of Haliburton. 

That's my guess.

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I suspect the Kings have offered, as reported, Hali, Hield, Barnes and 2 1sts for Ben, Harris, and Thybulle. 

And the reason a deal isn't done is Morey wants Fox instead of Haliburton. 

That's my guess.

I really don't think that deal makes us championship contenders.  It's more a lateral move and I like Hali.  My stance on Hield is well known.  He's Curry with a fatter contract.  Harris and Barnes is a wash except for future cap space.  Lose defense.  Gain offense. I really like Thybulle as a guy to frustrate opponents best perimeter players.  That'd be missed in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

3-ball above league average

His 3 point percentage is so bad and he doesn't hit FT's at a great rate either.  I do not see him becoming an average shooter.

Just now, Khani1 said:

His 3 point percentage is so bad and he doesn't hit FT's at a great rate either.  I do not see him becoming an average shooter.

Yeah...

200-1.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

I totally disagree........the Kings need/want to make the playoffs, they are desperate to do so.......I'll take Haliburton (or Fox), Hield and Barnes plus 2 first round picks for Simmons, Thybulle and Harris.  How in god's name is that a "Kings Deal"?  I'd giggle til passing out......

Sacramento Kings are the team involved in that trade... isn't that obvious?

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

I really don't think that deal makes us championship contenders.  It's more a lateral move and I like Hali.  My stance on Hield is well known.  He's Curry with a fatter contract.  Harris and Barnes is a wash except for future cap space.  Lose defense.  Gain offense. I really like Thybulle as a guy to frustrate opponents best perimeter players.  That'd be missed in the playoffs. 

It's a stepping stone to a Harden deal this summer. That seems to be Morey's end game. 

Doc said he wants rebounding, and playmaking at the deadline.  He elaborated on playmaking pretty much meaning guys who can get their own shot when playoff defense makes it hard to run your offense. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's a stepping stone to a Harden deal this summer. That seems to be Morey's end game. 

His end game is to land a star to pair with Embiid.  I don't think he can make that anymore clear.  Still don't know why Kings would want to pair Simmons with Fox.  Spacing nightmare and both need the ball in their hands to be successful. 

Just now, rambo said:

His end game is to land a star to pair with Embiid.  I don't think he can make that anymore clear.  Still don't know why Kings would want to pair Simmons with Fox.  Spacing nightmare and both need the ball in their hands to be successful. 

It's possible Fox goes to a third team.

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

The NBA average is 77.3% this year and he shoots it at 74.4 % so he is an average shooter from the stripe. 

4 minutes ago, rambo said:

I don't think Ben needs to be a ball dominate guard to be successful. We have never see a coach use him enough off ball as a screener and cutter either. 

He could have been a better version of Draymond Green but didn't have the right pieces to make that happen. Sixer organization just continued to think Ben and Joel would work when he was clear for years it wasn't fitting 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The NBA average is 77.3% this year and he shoots it at 74.4 % so he is an average shooter from the stripe. 

This is a career year for him for FT's.  Usually he is in the low .700's.  And his 3 point % is .248 and .314 for his career.  He is not a shooter.

42 minutes ago, rambo said:

41 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

It's possible Fox goes to a third team.

I think Morey wants Fox. That's probably what it takes to get the deal done. 

Then he can trade Fox, 18M expiring Barnes contract and a boatload of picks in the summer for harden. 

41 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This is a career year for him for FT's.  Usually he is in the low .700's.  And his 3 point % is .248 and .314 for his career.  He is not a shooter.

6 attempts a game is enough for me to say he is an average FT shooter this year.

Fox will always probably always be 30-34% 3p shooter but as long as he has that quick first step that is okay. Just need to make the defender respect the shot. 

I firmly believe that the Kings killed his motivation, he showed up to camp out of shape, and he didn't put in the necessary work this offseason. Still to me his numbers last year is more of what the Sixers should expect. 

• Like 1

Kings play the Sixers on the 29th.... Seems like a good time get those guys in the same room to get a deal done 

Just now, iladelphxx said:

How the F are we down? 

Too many possessions without Joel touching thr ball. 

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

How the F are we down? 

They have 1 great player. 2 decent players and that’s it.  Morey has failed this team so badly.  Look at their bench.  

• Like 1

Horrible loss.  First game I was able to watch in a while.  Didn't see it live but got up and watched the full replay.  No business losing that game.

• Sad 1