Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

45 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He looks like a decent player but this team is already unathletic besides Maxey and he doesn't look athletic. Then having to play against another tier of athletes would worry me. 

Just like Liddell if had to choose between the two. 

 

I like Liddell too.

I'm torn.  Both are stretch 4s but beyond that,  are very different players. 

I don't Love that Liddell is closer to the traditional PF build and skill. But that should help our rebounding which is sorely needed.  And the rim protection is a big plus too.

To me,  LaRavia is a much more intriguing player.  He is a big, with guard skills. More of a modern player. I think he's reasonably athletic to be playing point forward. He is a big who you can still play with pace while on the court. He's usually the one pushing it.  . 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

ZomboMeme 04062022200030.jpg

I watched all of these today.

At this point, I am going

1. McGowans

2. LaRavia

3. Liddell

 

 

 

A little disappointed about the 3pt% but I really like this PG. Reminds me of Baron Davis. Great passer, and explosive dunks. Same team as LaRavia. There are a bunch of nice backup PGs in the 2nd round. Use some cash to buy a pick. These guys are all better than Springer.

 

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

A little disappointed about the 3pt% but I really like this PG. Reminds me of Baron Davis. Great passer, and explosive dunks. Same team as LaRavia. There are a bunch of nice backup PGs in the 2nd round. Use some cash to buy a pick. These guys are all better than Springer.

 

He can flat out ball.

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

He can flat out ball.

Issue is he's already 23, so I don't expect his shot too ever become really good.  But in the 2nd round,  Ill take a floor general like that. 

LaRavia athleticism is just subpar and can he handle stretch fours on a consist basis. That would worry me on a team of non athletes. Sixers can't have another year of wings being unathletic. 

I see Liddell as a more athletic version of PJ Tucker, knock down a corner 3, play great defense on multiple positions, he has underrated athletism with 38inch vert, and just be a winning basketball player. 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

LaRavia athleticism is just subpar and can he handle stretch fours on a consist basis. That would worry me on a team of non athletes. Sixers can't have another year of wings being unathletic. 

I see Liddell as a more athletic version of PJ Tucker, knock down a corner 3, play great defense on multiple positions, he has underrated athletism with 38inch vert, and just be a winning basketball player. 

I wouldn't expect LaRavia or Liddell to be an immediate starter though.  I don't mind his shortcomings off the bench and hopefully he develops some. 

 

Liddell reminds me of Maurice Speights.

A good listen i suggest is bodner and hofmann’s latest podcast with the sixers cap and future cap where they can have significant cap space. 

Theres a guy on realgm that has mentioned Malaki Branham as the best player in this draft, on multiple occasions now. And he goes in the mid-late teens on tankathon mocks. He says you move mountains to move up for him if the NBA really lets him fall that far.

I dont know if hes the best player in the draft, but I do agree this guy is worth trying to move up for.

 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

A good listen i suggest is bodner and hofmann’s latest podcast with the sixers cap and future cap where they can have significant cap space. 

Free or pay? Where can I access it?

11 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Free or pay? Where can I access it?

Free. I have an apple. I use the apple podcast. Just put in sixers beat: a Philadelphia 76ers, nba podcast 

i might actually join bodner’s site to get his stuff. I believe it’s $3 a month (was originally) which isn’t bad for a year. I waste $36 on crap less useful to me lol 

Hopefully Utah wants Doc Rivers.

This mock draft gives us Tauri Eason, a no offense athlete, and switchable defender. I dont want another Thybulle type. We are hopefully close to trading away that mistake. Dont draft another.

Look at the pick that goes right after us to Milwaukee. Christian Braun. Athletic, tough, cocky, excellent 1 on 1 defender, who can also drain 3s. Why wouldnt we take that guy over Eason? I like a bunch of other guys more for their potential as scorers. Trade ups-TyTy, Branham. At 23, McGowens, LaRavia. But if we are choosing a role player which is reasonable at 23, Braun looks like he can start right away as a 3 and D player and replace Danny Green on day 1. 

 

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Theres a guy on realgm that has mentioned Malaki Branham as the best player in this draft, on multiple occasions now. And he goes in the mid-late teens on tankathon mocks. He says you move mountains to move up for him if the NBA really lets him fall that far.

I dont know if hes the best player in the draft, but I do agree this guy is worth trying to move up for.

 

Talked about him a few pages ago and reminds me of Middleton

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Talked about him a few pages ago and reminds me of Middleton

hes good.

And TyTy another Kentucky guard looks like Maxey does after 2 years of development, already. Maybe not the quickness of Maxey, but he has the developed offensive game. Floaters, step backs, mid range pull ups. And also, a very solid set up man despite not being the primary PG. All of the skills Maxey has developed, TyTy is already doing. Cant go wrong with those Kentucky guards it seems.  

Theyd be 2 guys Id like the team to make a small trade up for if they are there in the mid-late teens.

I'm a fan of Branham, Ochai Agbaji, Jeremy Sochan (favorite player in the draft), Jalen Williams 

See you mentioned Eason. I think he is a better pro than college player. Shot 36% on 2.4 attempts from 3 but more importantly shot 80% on 5.7 attempts from the FT line. He has a 7'2" wingspan and 38 inch vert. I wouldn't call him Thybulle because he has some handles and can shoot

25 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm a fan of Branham, Ochai Agbaji, Jeremy Sochan (favorite player in the draft), Jalen Williams 

See you mentioned Eason. I think he is a better pro than college player. Shot 36% on 2.4 attempts from 3 but more importantly shot 80% on 5.7 attempts from the FT line. He has a 7'2" wingspan and 38 inch vert. I wouldn't call him Thybulle because he has some handles and can shoot

I like Eason too.  Although, I'm not getting too attached to any possible pick because I still think it is more likely the Sixers trade any player taken with that pick than keeping them.

Lol

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol

Lakers have to find that 3rd team to take Russ. No way Nets take him back 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lakers have to find that 3rd team to take Russ. No way Nets take him back 

Yeah i don’t think kd after leaving Okc due to not being able to win with Russ is going to be thrilled to play with Russ and potentially Simmons lol 

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I like Eason too.  Although, I'm not getting too attached to any possible pick because I still think it is more likely the Sixers trade any player taken with that pick than keeping them.

A little known thing is that if we trade this pick,  we actually have to make the pick and trade the player.  We cast just trade this pick. 

So don't get to excited even even we make the pick. The player is still likely headed elsewhere. 

 

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

A little known thing is that if we trade this pick,  we actually have to make the pick and trade the player.  We cast just trade this pick. 

So don't get to excited even even we make the pick. The player is still likely headed elsewhere. 

 

I was aware of this. It’s why I phrased my post the way I did but agreed it’s likely that anyone picked is a pick being made for another team.

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I was aware of this. It’s why I phrased my post the way I did but agreed it’s likely that anyone picked is a pick being made for another team.

Very risky proposition to possibly end up trading a guy like McGowens after the Bridges disaster is still so fresh in everyones minds.

SI has the 6ers taking Tari Eason as well. This is what they say about the pick: A typical 6ers pick, sounds bad to me.

Quote

That said, Eason would be a pretty interesting option here, considering his analytics-friendly production and his potential fit as a big, rangy defender. Eason is a bit of a work in progress despite already being 21, and he’s an acquired taste amongst teams, but this could be a sensible landing spot. Eason’s basketball IQ is a bit suspect, and he’s foul-prone and an average shooter, but if he can iron those things out he should be able to help a team.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.