Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

I am not a James Harden guy and haven’t been since he was at ASU. However he could’ve went  Damian Lillard and just took the money over everything. Damian Lillard’s getting paid $60 million at 37 years old. He might not be the same player next year yet alone what he’s gonna be at 37. And people talk about how loyal he is. That’s kind of bs it’s cause they keep giving him boatloads of money and he doesn’t tend to leave much on the table in order to help bolster the roster. James Harden is overrated and he has flaws, but I would take what he’s willing to do at this point in time then Damien Lillard who sitting there cashing in $60 million when he’s 37 and he knows damn well they need money/cap to bolster other positions. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

I just don’t see who can offer a good deal for him that doesn’t weaken the rest of the team to the point where he wouldn’t want to go there anymore. 
 

Keeping reading about a possible Golden State reunion, but why would they do that? They just won it without KD, so why trade key pieces from a championship team to bring KD back? Feels like a lateral move. 

I can understand Golden State from Kevin Durant’s point of view. He’s going to get crap for winning those titles with Golden State in the past. He’s going to get crappes for not winning titles without Golden State. Unless he somehow wins a title without Golden State he’s gonna get crapped on. If he does win a title let’s say he goes to Phoenix and wins title people are gonna say they were 64 win team without him and crapped still gonna get crapped on. So if I’m Kevin Durant F everyone I’m going winning the title and maybe multiple titles with the Warriors if I’m gonna get crapped on either way

The only way I see the Warriors doing it is if Steph really wants to play with him. And they believe that with Durant they can extend Steph Curry for an extra couple years in his prime but not having him have to carry as much. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they think Draymond and klay are closer to the end of the primes and at least Kevin Durant if they get him at a cost that is reasonable they can extend that championship window more 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I am not a James Harden guy and haven’t been since he was at ASU. However he could’ve went  Damian Lillard and just took the money over everything. Damian Lillard’s getting paid $60 million at 37 years old. He might not be the same player next year yet alone what he’s gonna be at 37. And people talk about how loyal he is. That’s kind of bs it’s cause they keep giving him boatloads of money and he doesn’t tend to leave much on the table in order to help bolster the roster. James Harden is overrated and he has flaws, but I would take what he’s willing to do at this point in time then Damien Lillard who sitting there cashing in $60 million when he’s 37 and he knows damn well they need money/cap to bolster other positions. 

I'm sure ownership gave him 30 million for a startup he invested in. He got his money

44 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So he helped free up enough to get an over the hill defender and a guy who played on 10 day contracts.... Yippee! So he did his part and yet he is still trying to sell that he is doing so much to help when they can't do nothing else. Such a great guy. 

I think Morey could have targeted better players. He got 2 guys at a higher pricepoint than he should have, seemingly due to the Houston connection.

But, thats not really Harden's fault. 

He wasnt my choice of guy to trade for. And these free agents werent my choice at those price points. But Harden is leaving around 15 million on the table, at the tail end of his career. I think he deserves some gratitude for it. In addition to working hard this offseason to try to be the best he can be, finally... it seems its more than just hollow words. He seems to be trying to bring that championship. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm sure ownership gave him 30 million for a startup he invested in. He got his money

Wonder if he secured some funding for his wine from Rubin. Though hes not part of the team anymore....

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm sure ownership gave him 30 million for a startup he invested in. He got his money

I’m sure Rubin gave him some incentive with fanatics now that he’s not a owner. However he still could’ve gotten $47 mil he took $32 mil. You don’t think lillard could’ve gotten that from the blazers in some of his deals? I’m guessing they offered something like that but didn’t want it to help his team out by collecting as much as possible from them. We can crap on harden for a lot of things and there’s a lot. But doing for this seems you just want to do it cause it’s James harden. If embiid or maxey did the same thing, everyone on here would be applauding them. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Morey could have targeted better players. He got 2 guys at a higher pricepoint than he should have, seemingly due to the Houston connection.

But, thats not really Harden's fault. 

He wasnt my choice of guy to trade for. And these free agents werent my choice at those price points. But Harden is leaving around 15 million on the table, at the tail end of his career. I think he deserves some gratitude for it. In addition to working hard this offseason to try to be the best he can be, finally... it seems its more than just hollow words. He seems to be trying to bring that championship. 

Yeah i also think embiid really wanted tucker. He mentioned it specifically after their playoff loss to the heat. I don’t think that was a singular James harden decision.  

add on to the things you’ve said, I’m guessing he could’ve likely gotten Rubin to invest in his company regardless of the pay decrease at the tail end of his career. Rubin and harden are very good friends and supposedly have business ventures/hangout a ton outside of basketball. They are very close. It’s why i don’t think it was just morey who was all in on harden trade. 

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Morey could have targeted better players. He got 2 guys at a higher pricepoint than he should have, seemingly due to the Houston connection.

But, thats not really Harden's fault. 

He wasnt my choice of guy to trade for. And these free agents werent my choice at those price points. But Harden is leaving around 15 million on the table, at the tail end of his career. I think he deserves some gratitude for it. In addition to working hard this offseason to try to be the best he can be, finally... it seems its more than just hollow words. He seems to be trying to bring that championship. 

Meh, we will see if he continues to work hard.... 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Yes please.

 

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Yes please.

 

I didn't realize that about RoCo.  I thought he was washed but apparently not.  Good for him.

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So he helped free up enough to get an over the hill defender and a guy who played on 10 day contracts.... Yippee! So he did his part and yet he is still trying to sell that he is doing so much to help when they can't do nothing else. Such a great guy. 

He literally gave them as much cap room as he could and personally sacrificed like $15 million. Even if he gave up more money, we can’t sign anyone else with it. 
 

It’s OK. You can admit he did a good thing and you won’t be struck down by lightning. 

16 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

I didn't realize that about RoCo.  I thought he was washed but apparently not.  Good for him.

Honestly we crapped on Roco a lot when he was here. But I’d gladly take him coming off the bench now. 

6 hours ago, vikas83 said:

He literally gave them as much cap room as he could and personally sacrificed like $15 million. Even if he gave up more money, we can’t sign anyone else with it. 
 

It’s OK. You can admit he did a good thing and you won’t be struck down by lightning. 

I'll see how he plays first... Until then, never!

 

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

 

Fing Morey...:nonono:

  • Author
22 hours ago, vikas83 said:

He literally gave them as much cap room as he could and personally sacrificed like $15 million. Even if he gave up more money, we can’t sign anyone else with it. 
 

It’s OK. You can admit he did a good thing and you won’t be struck down by lightning. 

Harden did a good thing?   He realized his value and he actually did the right thing.  Good for him.  He finally knows what most of us do, he’s a shadow of his former ball-hogging self.  Don’t expect me to celebrate a guy who cleverly quit in game 6 and then blamed his teammates because "the ball didn’t get back to him”.  
 

We don’t even know how much of a cut he’s getting.  So until we see the numbers and then his performance and effort this coming season, I’ll reserve the kudos.  

  • Author
On 7/18/2022 at 5:28 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I think Morey could have targeted better players. He got 2 guys at a higher pricepoint than he should have, seemingly due to the Houston connection.

But, thats not really Harden's fault. 

He wasnt my choice of guy to trade for. And these free agents werent my choice at those price points. But Harden is leaving around 15 million on the table, at the tail end of his career. I think he deserves some gratitude for it. In addition to working hard this offseason to try to be the best he can be, finally... it seems its more than just hollow words. He seems to be trying to bring that championship. 

Working hard this offseason?  How do you know?  Because that’s what Hurts…..I mean Harden and his photo ops on social media, tell us.   

 

 

What a moron. 

28 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

What a moronscumbag.

Fixed

That would suck if he left tnt. he was only staying a couple more years but rather have him for that short time then not at all 

 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That would suck if he left tnt. he was only staying a couple more years but rather have him for that short time then not at all 

 

I remember him saying this past season he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career looking at shaqs stupid face or something along those lines lol

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I remember him saying this past season he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career looking at shaqs stupid face or something along those lines lol

I think he was retiring in 2 years when his contract ran out. Still sucks to lose those two years. Also lose him during the ncaa tournament as well. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he was retiring in 2 years when his contract ran out. Still sucks to lose those two years. Also lose him during the ncaa tournament as well. 

It does by far the best pre game and post game in sports

42 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That would suck if he left tnt. he was only staying a couple more years but rather have him for that short time then not at all 

 

I don’t get it. Charles Barkley is going to be announcing golf tournaments? That makes no sense.

As absurd as that thought is, why would that preclude him from continuing his NBA commentary?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.