Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Didn't they have a picture of what it would look like if they moved down on the water front by old city? I could of sworn this has been an on going plan

Oops should of kept reading that's what I was talking about. 

yeah. been talked about before, a few years ago.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Developing into a good player 

And Boozer kid, Cameron Boozer, is 15 and the best kid in regardless of year 

 

 

Here is an article from 2 years ago saying they didnt get chosen to develop there/plan not happening.

The 76ers are not getting a new stadium at Penn's Landing

https://thelibertyline.com/2020/09/09/the-76ers-are-not-getting-a-new-stadium-at-penns-landing/

 

Quote

 

In a vote today, the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation did not choose 76ers for development project at Penn’s Landing. According to the commission, the Board of Directors voted unanimously to select the Durst Organization at a public meeting.

 

 

 

 

 
the part that is kind of interesting is this- considering they have about 8 years left in their deal to play in the wells fargo:
Quote

"Over 8 years of construction, the building project will create a total one-time economic output of $3.9 billion in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and support over 28,000 construction and construction-related full-time equivalent jobs resulting in nearly $2 billion of new wages for workers. This activity will generate additional tax revenues of $62 million for the City (including at least $9 million for the School District) and $113 million for the Commonwealth,” according to the release.

So, it would seem that if something like this were to happen, the time is now to get started.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here is an article from 2 years ago saying they didnt get chosen to develop there/plan not happening.

The 76ers are not getting a new stadium at Penn's Landing

https://thelibertyline.com/2020/09/09/the-76ers-are-not-getting-a-new-stadium-at-penns-landing/

 

 
the part that is kind of interesting is this- considering they have about 8 years left in their deal to play in the wells fargo:

So, it would seem that if something like this were to happen, the time is now to get started.

They're not building the arena on the river. 

They're building the arena at 8th and Market 

It's part of the "Fashion District" complex along with the redeveloped Gallery 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

They broke ground in 2020 but it got delayed because of Covid. 

Construction is set to resume this fall 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/penns-landing-park-philadelphia-renderings-cap-i95-south-street-bridge/

 

 

Interesting. Im not doubting that there was an I-95 improvement project that began back then because there were a bunch of developers who proposed something back then. Someone must have been chosen, but the 6ers group didnt get picked.

Maybe they somehow finagled their way back in. 

Screenshot_20220720-221255_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220720-221151_Maps.jpg

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Interesting. Im not doubting that there was an I-95 improvement project that began back then because there were a bunch of developers who proposed something back then. Someone must have been chosen, but the 6ers group didnt get picked.

Maybe they somehow finagled their way back in. 

It's not the location you mentioned..... That's the picture of the park I posted. 

The Sixers location is what I posted above 

26 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

It's not the location you mentioned..... That's the picture of the park I posted. 

The Sixers location is what I posted above 

Yeah.  My pic was from 2 years ago as a part of the overall I-95 improvement plan. 

But the 6ers development group didn't get approved to be a part of that. 

 

So I looked it up on the map.  I see the proximity to U Penn hospital.  Liberty bell.  City hall.  Etc.

As an out of towner who will be driving to a game,  where is the parking?

Apparently this is still a proposal and nothing is final. 

They are calling it 76 Place at Market East. Which sounds stupid.

And it's supposedly privately funded. 

Lease ends at The Center in 2031.

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Apparently this is still a proposal and nothing is final. 

They are calling it 76 Place at Market East. Which sounds stupid.

And it's supposedly privately funded. 

Lease ends at The Center in 2031.

If it’s privately funded, they can do whatever they want as far as I’m concerned. The biggest hurdle will be greasing the palms of the nefarious city council. Once that’s done, it will be all systems go.

 

 

13 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

So I just got a pretty crazy text from someone who is very connected politically in Philly and he said that the Sixers are going to be building a new arena at 8th and Market in Center City 

Boooooooooooo

Wild. Its public transportation or nothing if you want to go to a game basically. 

I think I prefer the separate complex where you don't have to get shot or carjacked when going to a game.

Hopefully by 2031 things will settle down a bit.

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

My buddy runs one of the largest labor unions in the area.  

They are building an $8 billion entertainment, retail, housing and office complex between City Hall and the River. 

They are going to cap I-95 and connect Penn's Landing with Old City. 

The arena is going to be a part of the overall plan. 

He said the whole project is being announced tomorrow. 

Areial-View-rs.jpg

This has been talked about publicly for at least 6 years. 

26 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

Boooooooooooooooo

5 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Wild. Its public transportation or nothing if you want to go to a game basically. 

I think I prefer the separate complex where you don't have to get shot or carjacked when going to a game.

Hopefully by 2031 things will settle down a bit.

Come for the game. Stay cause your car was stolen!!!

11 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

It's not the location you mentioned..... That's the picture of the park I posted. 

The Sixers location is what I posted above 

That's the lot where Disney Quest was supposed to be built a few decades ago before Disney backed out. 

 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Wild. Its public transportation or nothing if you want to go to a game basically. 

I think I prefer the separate complex where you don't have to get shot or carjacked when going to a game.

Hopefully by 2031 things will settle down a bit.

That area isn't bad, or at least I've never seen any real issues there.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Wild. Its public transportation or nothing if you want to go to a game basically. 

I think I prefer the separate complex where you don't have to get shot or carjacked when going to a game.

Hopefully by 2031 things will settle down a bit.

Yeah, the comments about people being stuck in traffic now from them is bull. It's going to be impossible as you said, so everyone is going to be waiting for public transportation to get back to their vehicles. 

Forget the Sixers. I can’t wait for concerts there. People gonna be getting robbed left and right. 

 

45 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

 

They haven’t gotten city council approval though from what I understand. They will determine if the project is a go or not. 

Unfortunately, Philly is by nature an obstructionist city when it comes to development.  And that's a shame, because something like this could just the shot in the arm that a depressed Market East needs.  Downtown urban stadiums have been successful in other cities.  Philly should follow their model and make this happen.  You don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.