Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

That's the lot where Disney Quest was supposed to be built a few decades ago before Disney backed out. 

I read somewhere that at least some of the old Gallery would be included in the project.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

So I looked it up on the map.  I see the proximity to U Penn hospital.  Liberty bell.  City hall.  Etc.

As an out of towner who will be driving to a game,  where is the parking?

Convention center

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Forget the Sixers. I can’t wait for concerts there. People gonna be getting robbed left and right. 

That area is fine

not like they are building it north of 676

54 minutes ago, Procus said:

Unfortunately, Philly is by nature an obstructionist city when it comes to development.  And that's a shame, because something like this could just the shot in the arm that a depressed Market East needs.  Downtown urban stadiums have been successful in other cities.  Philly should follow their model and make this happen.  You don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Philly destroyed downtown themselves in many ways not the least of which was letting crime destroy things. Keep it at the sports complex.

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

They haven’t gotten city council approval though from what I understand. They will determine if the project is a go or not. 

I hope the city approves the arena. if they don’t i see the sixers ownership group getting irritated and eventually could potentially move the team to Camden out of frustration. Also seen some tweet that NJ would be willing to give money toward the project. It’s pretty obvious now to everyone the sixers want to own their own arena and not be tenants at the WFC. 

Tbh i liked the navy yard idea a couple years back but isn’t happening due to a multitude of issues such area needs to be built up and septa needs to extend the broad street line which seems to be a headache on its own. 

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Wild. Its public transportation or nothing if you want to go to a game basically. 

I think I prefer the separate complex where you don't have to get shot or carjacked when going to a game.

Hopefully by 2031 things will settle down a bit.

You sound like somebody who has never been to Center City Philadelphia in their life.

In the late 90s / early 2000s the Phillies wanted to build a downtown stadium.  I remember talk about putting it in Chinatown.  A baseball stadium needs a lot more space than an arena though and eventually the Phillies gave up on the idea.  My guess is they'll build more parking garages next to the new arena to create even more downtown parking.  If other cities can figure it out, I'm sure Philly can.   

I haven't been down there in years.  Does the Gallery Mall still exist?

12 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

You sound like somebody who has never been to Center City Philadelphia in their life.

Yeah I'm thinking the folks queefing about getting mugged, etc have never been there?  That's a nice part of the city I think.  I've walked those streets and never once felt unsafe.  

 

 

Parking is not an issue. 

By 7pm, most office workers will be long gone. 

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I'm thinking the folks queefing about getting mugged, etc have never been there?  That's a nice part of the city I think.  I've walked those streets and never once felt unsafe.  

Yeah, some folks are acting like anywhere you go in the Philadelphia city limits is dangerous.  Better not go to the Symphony - you might get stabbed!!  :lol: 

15 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

Parking is not an issue. 

By 7pm, most office workers will be long gone. 

I'm sure it'll be fun getting out of a parking garage in 1 lane of traffic in to congested city streets. 

14 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, some folks are acting like anywhere you go in the Philadelphia city limits is dangerous.  Better not go to the Symphony - you might get stabbed!!  :lol: 

Would be a bittersweet symphony lol

I'm hoping this will push SEPTA to run more late night trains on their schedules.  Being able to ride the regional rail into a game without having to transfer to the subway to head down to S Philly would be awesome.  

I've always preferred taking the train to and from games but catching the subway back to center city while hoping you don't miss the last run of your regional line isn't ideal.

22 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

Parking is not an issue. 

By 7pm, most office workers will be long gone. 

What about 5pm when fans will want to get down there and be parked so they can go to a bar beforehand and get a couple of drinks before paying for the overpriced arena ones?

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

So I just got a pretty crazy text from someone who is very connected politically in Philly and he said that the Sixers are going to be building a new arena at 8th and Market in Center City 

To me this is a horrible idea. The old city streets are too narrow to support that much traffic. Although 95 is near by I don't think there is enough access to that area.  Better to move it out to the suburbs

Getty ready for prices to be even higher, expect a $20 coke if it isn't already, the average fan is being priced out of these games

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

That area is fine

not like they are building it north of 676

The crime will follow. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

The crime will follow. 

Infrastructure will follow. Security will follow. Pretty sure the billionaires investing in this know that customers getting murdered isn't good for business. 

6 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

The crime will follow. 

It's called gentrification

3 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Infrastructure will follow. Security will follow. Pretty sure the billionaires investing in this know that customers getting murdered isn't good for business. 

Yea center city never has crime. The billionaires will definitely be able to control what happens blocks away when people are sheet faced. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's called gentrification

Yea I’m sure north philly won’t go for easy targets drunk at night leaving a game. 

4 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea center city never has crime. The billionaires will definitely be able to control what happens blocks away when people are sheet faced.

Yea I’m sure north philly won’t go for easy targets drunk at night leaving a game. 

Ok Lynched

:roll: 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea center city never has crime. The billionaires will definitely be able to control what happens blocks away when people are sheet faced. 

Good god, man. Yeah, sorry we don't live in a crime-free society. The point is,  you're making it sound like it's gonna turn into the Warriors movie, and everyone else is like, yeah we've seen stadiums built in the USA before, not sure why this one is gonna bring about the fall of Rome.  

1 minute ago, Lloyd said:

Good god, man. Yeah, sorry we don't live in a crime-free society. The point is,  you're making it sound like it's gonna turn into the Warriors movie, and everyone else is like, yeah we've seen stadiums built in the USA before, not sure why this one is gonna bring about the fall of Rome.  

Brooklyn and DC come to mind how dynamics of a city can change if money flows into it

Which cities DON'T have downtown NBA arenas?   Every one I'm thinking of off the top of my head does.  

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Brooklyn and DC come to mind how dynamics of a city can change if money flows into it

Right? I live a 5 minute walk from Barclays Center. 

Freakin lifelong suburbanites trying to act like I'm dodging bullets on my way to Target.   Yes, there's crime in cities. No, it's not a terrifying hellscape. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.