Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I don’t get it. Charles Barkley is going to be announcing golf tournaments? That makes no sense.

As absurd as that thought is, why would that preclude him from continuing his NBA commentary?

I don’t think Turner wants to be associated with the LIV golf association for matters about where the money comes from and who’s funding it. Dan Patrick really didn’t go deep into it but I’m guessing that’s the reason 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

This is cute 

 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This is cute 

 

Couldn’t be the golf courses at myrtle beach that doc wants to go play. 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Couldn’t be the golf courses at myrtle beach that doc wants to go play. 

Charleston is a long way from Myrtle Beach, but not far from Kiawah Island and other beaches.

55 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This is cute 

 

They’re gonna learn why they have a team governor and not an owner

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Charleston is a long way from Myrtle Beach, but not far from Kiawah Island and other beaches.

I’m guessing doc makes his way to myrtle before training camp to Charleston the. some of the other golf courses 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing doc makes his way to myrtle before training camp to Charleston the. some of the other golf courses 

Maybe, although Kiawah has some of the best golf courses in the world, so if he's looking to golf, he's picked a good place for it.

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Maybe, although Kiawah has some of the best golf courses in the world, so if he's looking to golf, he's picked a good place for it.

He for sure picked it cause he loves golfing. I have no doubt about that. 

So I just got a pretty crazy text from someone who is very connected politically in Philly and he said that the Sixers are going to be building a new arena at 8th and Market in Center City 

 

 

  • Author

Has anyone started a gofundme page for Harden, to help him out with the lost wages?   

17 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

So I just got a pretty crazy text from someone who is very connected politically in Philly and he said that the Sixers are going to be building a new arena at 8th and Market in Center City 

I dont know exactly where that is, but I think anything other than the current location, sucks. 

Compared to an eagles game, it is always so satisfying getting out of a 6ers game. Traffic is so easy. I cant imagine nearly the same convenience at an arena in center city.

 

I was just reading a little bit on realgm and I noticed someone mention Jared Dudley. I just realized, I have been thinking of him and PJ Tucker as the same guy all this time. Since months ago when they first started being rumored to be in play for him. 

wtf? How have I been so confused this long?

Maybe now I will be pleasantly surprised by PJ Tucker!

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know exactly where that is, but I think anything other than the current location, sucks. 

Compared to an eagles game, it is always so satisfying getting out of a 6ers game. Traffic is so easy. I cant imagine nearly the same convenience at an arena in center city.

 

More accessible by train from the burbs. 

People from the Northeast can risk gett murdered by taking the El 

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know exactly where that is, but I think anything other than the current location, sucks. 

Compared to an eagles game, it is always so satisfying getting out of a 6ers game. Traffic is so easy. I cant imagine nearly the same convenience at an arena in center city.

 

They were throwing around this idea for awhile. I doubt it happens

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think Turner wants to be associated with the LIV golf association for matters about where the money comes from and who’s funding it. Dan Patrick really didn’t go deep into it but I’m guessing that’s the reason 

Yet, they associate with the NBA. Pretty hilarious.

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Has anyone started a gofundme page for Harden, to help him out with the lost wages?   

So basically he gave up some money for 1 season. If he plays well there is no chance in hell he doesn't opt out and get back the money he lost. 

10 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

More accessible by train from the burbs. 

People from the Northeast can risk gett murdered by taking the El 

Dont care about the burbs. I dont want to drive an hour and a half to park in some lot somewhere miles way and have to wait in lines to get on the SEPTA to get in and out of the game. That adds a whole extra hassle. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

So I just got a pretty crazy text from someone who is very connected politically in Philly and he said that the Sixers are going to be building a new arena at 8th and Market in Center City 

That would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They were throwing around this idea for awhile. I doubt it happens

He said it's being announced tomorrow. 

I doubt it, but if anybody would know, it would be him 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

He said it's being announced tomorrow. 

I doubt it, but if anybody would know, it would be him 

They have quite a few years left on their deal with The Center I thought. 

Id be surprised if they are already ready to announce something.

It will be interesting if they do, to hear how much they want taxpayers to pay. From comments I have read over the past week or so on this topic, Philadelphians dont seem keen on paying for a new arena when the one they are in is in good shape, and a good location.

I know the 6ers want their own arena, not to share with the Flyers. And something new would be cool. But its just not needed. I dont think people will be happy if the owners arent funding it themselves.

 

 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

They have quite a few years left on their deal with The Center I thought. 

Id be surprised if they are already ready to announce something.

It will be interesting if they do, to hear how much they want taxpayers to pay. From comments I have read over the past week or so on this topic, Philadelphians dont seem keen on paying for a new arena when the one they are in is in good shape, and a good location.

I know the 6ers want their own arena, not to share with the Flyers. And something new would be cool. But its just not needed. I dont think people will be happy if the owners arent funding it themselves.

My buddy runs one of the largest labor unions in the area.  

They are building an $8 billion entertainment, retail, housing and office complex between City Hall and the River. 

They are going to cap I-95 and connect Penn's Landing with Old City. 

The arena is going to be a part of the overall plan. 

He said the whole project is being announced tomorrow. 

Areial-View-rs.jpg

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

My buddy runs one of the largest labor unions in the area.  

They are building an $8 billion entertainment, retail, housing and office complex between City Hall and the River. 

They are going to cap I-95 and connect Penn's Landing with Old City. 

The arena is going to be a part of the overall plan. 

He said the whole project is being announced tomorrow. 

Areial-View-rs.jpg

that was in the news back in 2020. But I guess there was a major hurdle considering something had to be changed in PA state legislature or something like that. 

I found some old articles in a google search, but they are in the enquirer I think behind a pay wall. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They have quite a few years left on their deal with The Center I thought. 

Id be surprised if they are already ready to announce something.

It will be interesting if they do, to hear how much they want taxpayers to pay. From comments I have read over the past week or so on this topic, Philadelphians dont seem keen on paying for a new arena when the one they are in is in good shape, and a good location.

I know the 6ers want their own arena, not to share with the Flyers. And something new would be cool. But its just not needed. I dont think people will be happy if the owners arent funding it themselves.

Didn't they have a picture of what it would look like if they moved down on the water front by old city? I could of sworn this has been an on going plan

9 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

My buddy runs one of the largest labor unions in the area.  

They are building an $8 billion entertainment, retail, housing and office complex between City Hall and the River. 

They are going to cap I-95 and connect Penn's Landing with Old City. 

The arena is going to be a part of the overall plan. 

He said the whole project is being announced tomorrow. 

Areial-View-rs.jpg

Oops should of kept reading that's what I was talking about. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.